Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Master Peltlast or Halabardier?
(12-03-2017, 04:08 PM)Woody Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 03:44 PM)Malong Wrote: Obviously, you should pick the class that's so bad it once had to be discounted to 200k to trick people into training it.

Once leg was never picked... then it was changed/buffed now i see more of them than zwei and somtimes rg. The stats of the heros you are thinking halb ranger etc etc have been better for some time now so newer people that still want to make heros have more options you could say now vs us 2011-2015 people. 

(Most people stop at the 3-6 heros that why i said that)

The currently-available data does not support those claims. Though the counts are slightly outdated, the only way this would be true would be if 30 more Legionnaires than Zweihanders or 69 more Legionnaires than Royal Guards have been created since that list was updated.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(13-03-2017, 03:36 PM)Malong Wrote:
(12-03-2017, 03:44 PM)Malong Wrote: Obviously, you should pick the class that's so bad it once had to be discounted to 200k to trick people into training it.

Once leg was never picked... then it was changed/buffed now i see more of them than zwei and somtimes rg. The stats of the heros you are thinking halb ranger etc etc have been better for some time now so newer people that still want to make heros have more options you could say now vs us 2011-2015 people. 

The currently-available data does not support those claims. Though the counts are slightly outdated, the only way this would be true would be if 30 more Legionnaires than Zweihanders or 69 more Legionnaires than Royal Guards have been created since that list was updated.

That list has 4 people from 2016 and 0 for 2017 http://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread...971&page=6 

So my point cant be proven wrong or right using that.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(15-03-2017, 02:54 AM)Woody Wrote:
(13-03-2017, 03:36 PM)Malong Wrote:

That list has 4 people from 2016 and 0 for 2017 http://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread...971&page=6 

So my point cant be proven wrong or right using that.

Read the bold, I already accounted for that, unless you can show people respec'ing out of those hero classes and into others. Also you are not accounting that heroes never de-hero (stop becoming heroes, so to speak), so the counts will increase (except for the aforementioned respec'ing out of heroes).

Now read the underlined, to see how the math works for the respective hero classes to overtake the popular ones (again, excepting the aforementioned possibility of people respec'ing out of hero classes and into others).

The record stands, for numbers of players becoming Legionnaires or Halberdiers, the count was so far behind that it would take many more people training them to become comparable. And that doesn't even count the times when they were discounted to incentivize becoming them. To go even deeper, from a perspective of expected value, if we presume that all heroes are equal according to their costs, then even with the Halberdier costing 200k at its discounted rate, it is theoretically worth ~27% of a Master Peltast (200/750*100%).

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Im not even sure if you have understand my point from the start im not talking about us old players.

(12-03-2017, 04:08 PM)Woody Wrote: Once leg was never picked... then it was changed/buffed now i see more of them than zwei and somtimes rg. The stats of the heros you are thinking halb ranger etc etc have been better for some time now so newer people that still want to make heros have more options you could say now vs us 2011-2015 people. 

Are you saying all of the people on that still play?

(15-03-2017, 03:53 AM)Woody Wrote: Im not even sure if you have understand my point from the start im not talking about us old players.

(12-03-2017, 04:08 PM)Woody Wrote: Once leg was never picked... then it was changed/buffed now i see more of them than zwei and somtimes rg. The stats of the heros you are thinking halb ranger etc etc have been better for some time now so newer people that still want to make heros have more options you could say now vs us 2011-2015 people. 

Are you saying all of the people on that still play?

Obviously I understand what you mean, "it might be better now." However, as far as evidence, the only thing you've offered is speculation and anecdotal evidence ("i see more of them" with no actual numbers). To reiterate: if what you are saying was true, the gap in numbers would close. No actual numbers support your claims.

If it was worth training, more people would have done so, regardless of if they have another Militia hero, simply because it would be worth having. As is, the prime reason to train it is to be a completionist (and have twelve heroes), or to use hero-locked items. If you have to add qualifiers (i.e. "it's good if," "it's good when"), then by definition, it's not unconditionally good or comparable.

Also, quickly clicking the OP's profile shows a forum account date in 2013. That's not a new player.

Pilum, Eastern Glaive 2 things that are not lock to 1 class that he ether has or wants to get. So is it worth getting Mp (Throwing: 25 and Power throw: 1) vs (Cheep armor eg Grinder at 62 armor and less than a mill, Polearm: 5, Ironflesh: 2, Shield: 1)

To add atm no cheep Mp locked stuff so unless you plain and think you can even get rups or even tsa mp has alot less stuff atm. If that good or bad that up to you.

With that it comes down to what you as the player what to do more. 0 Hero is bad all have a place whether it be in 1 area or more.

(15-03-2017, 04:42 AM)Woody Wrote: Pilum, Eastern Glaive 2 things that are not lock to 1 class that he ether has or wants to get. So is it worth getting Mp (Throwing: 25 and Power throw: 1) vs (Cheep armor eg Grinder at 62 armor and less than a mill, Polearm: 5, Ironflesh: 2, Shield: 1)

To add atm no cheep Mp locked stuff so unless you plain and think you can even get rups or even tsa mp has alot less stuff atm. If that good or bad that up to you.

So in this case, the inherent bonuses of Halberdier are relevant to Eastern Glaive (5 polearm), while the Master Peltast bonuses are relevant to the Pilum (25 Throwing, 1 Power Throw). This is subjective, but for relevant stats, this is a[nother] point against Halberdier. If a player wanted polearm bonus, picking Halberdier is a middle-ground solution and the choice would be Marauder if the benefit of Polearm skill was weighted that highly. So, the real benefit to training Halberdier is hero-locked (causing it to be inexpensive) armor, which again, I pointed out in the last post, here:

(15-03-2017, 04:12 AM)Malong Wrote: As is, the prime reason to train it is to be a completionist (and have twelve heroes), or to use hero-locked items. If you have to add qualifiers (i.e. "it's good if," "it's good when"), then by definition, it's not unconditionally good or comparable.

(15-03-2017, 04:42 AM)Woody Wrote: 0 Hero is bad all have a place whether it be in 1 area or more.:

It's a matter of perspective, they're not bad per se, but there's no reason to train some. Let's not sugarcoat it.