Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

[Open] Cavalry Lances on Cav
The lance and the light lance don't attack with left click on horses. You have to couch to actually do anything and that's pretty much useless on its own.
This is intentional, using the stab on lances would make cav too easy.
Legendaries Looted:
-One Handed Battle Axe
-[Image: Geralt]
On the great lance, maybe, heavy lance, maybe. But the normal one and the light lance don't have *that* much range compared to the first two, those should be able to stab imo
26.08.15-Fang of Fenrir

[Image: NqiKO60.png]
(23-03-2017, 04:39 AM)Disco Wrote: This is intentional, using the stab on lances would make cav too easy.
Too easy? Then you're making it too hard! There's a reason why no one uses melee on cav. It's either too annoying, too slow, or too dangerous. If it's too easy, tell that to the only people who play Cav invasion, the horse archers. 

If you can't use lances normally on cavalry, you have to wait 10 seconds for couch to recharge, and that's not even considering what happens if you miss. So 1 maybe kill every 10 seconds...

(23-03-2017, 10:24 PM)FrenziedOctopus Wrote:
(23-03-2017, 04:39 AM)Disco Wrote: This is intentional, using the stab on lances would make cav too easy.
Too easy? Then you're making it too hard! There's a reason why no one uses melee on cav. It's either too annoying, too slow, or too dangerous. If it's too easy, tell that to the only people who play Cav invasion, the horse archers. 

If you can't use lances normally on cavalry, you have to wait 10 seconds for couch to recharge, and that's not even considering what happens if you miss. So 1 maybe kill every 10 seconds...

There is absolutely no incentive to play lancer instead of horse archer. Since I know this is not a bug and is in fact intentional, I will post in the features request section.
That's totally wrong, a lot of ppl uses melee on cav, if 2 melee players are coordinated and both know the "lance tactics" it's even faster and easier than with all ranged (except the round 12, if they spawn without shields, ranged players usually take them off faster than melee)
(23-03-2017, 10:43 PM)paski Wrote:
That's totally wrong, a lot of ppl uses melee on cav, if 2 melee players are coordinated and both know the "lance tactics" it's even faster and easier than with all ranged (except the round 12, if they spawn without shields, ranged players usually take them off faster than melee)
Paski is correct there, I only play infantry on cav and I know plenty of people that do the same. Infantry can deal damage a lot faster than archers, only wave 12 is particually hard due to the range of the nords spears and axes, but you can get around this by teaming up with player and using the 'lines' tactic.
Legendaries Looted:
-One Handed Battle Axe
-[Image: Geralt]
(23-03-2017, 11:34 PM)Disco Wrote:
(23-03-2017, 10:43 PM)paski Wrote:
Paski is correct there, I only play infantry on cav and I know plenty of people that do the same. Infantry can deal damage a lot faster than archers, only wave 12 is particually hard due to the range of the nords spears and axes, but you can get around this by teaming up with player and using the 'lines' tactic.

Well since I've only had archers play on Cavalry servers with me I can't really say anything on melee effectiveness, so forget my "no one uses melee" point. However, is difficulty really a part of why lances can only couch? What about horse archers that just slowly gallop away while infantry chase them and they casually shoot them in the head? I can tell you, lancing manually takes a lot more than horse archers from my 400 hours of Warband.

I just want to comprehend the logic behind this Sad Lancing is one of the most fun parts of Warband and it's no more OP than horse archers.
(24-03-2017, 12:01 AM) pid=\267947' Wrote:Well since I've only had archers play on Cavalry servers with me I can't really say anything on melee effectiveness, so forget my "no one uses melee" point. However, is difficulty really a part of why lances can only couch? What about horse archers that just slowly gallop away while infantry chase them and they casually shoot them in the head? I can tell you, lancing manually takes a lot more than horse archers from my 400 hours of Warband.

I just want to comprehend the logic behind this Sad Lancing is one of the most fun parts of Warband and it's no more OP than horse archers
Man, it is, lances have Piercing DMG, and combined with the bonus speed u got while riding a horse u could probably 1hit a lot of  enemies (if u hit on the head i guess)
Also, don't use hours of gameplay to reinforce ur argument since a big part of NI players have usually more than 2k
The logic is from the old days of NI. Back when cav was a thing on normal servers. Cav made runs way to easy and anti team because they would ride around the map stabbing the nords. That is my understanding of why it was removed. One of the conditions of cav mode being added was that lances cannot stab. Several admins have argued against it, but it has not changed.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

would be cool if they make lances craftable and give them back the stabbing Sad