Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

[Open] Cavalry Lances on Cav
There is the hunting spear for that purpose actually.

- LordChaos (Legionnaire):  Armorsmith
- Kingsguard (Royal Guard):Blacksmith
- Swadian_Hunter (Archer) Jobless
- The_Impaler (Pikeman): Achemist 
- House Crafting: Defender 

01/04/16: Nothing
(24-03-2017, 11:10 AM)LordChaos Wrote: There is the hunting spear for that purpose actually.
Someone might find it too short. Wink

I used to play with "Koncerz" in WFAS singleplayer(it's a couchable sword with ~125 length), for me there it was enough and i found out it to fun to play with. But NI is the other thing, the bots are usually having attention at you, and it's easy to be killed even with a onehander when you trying to couch with 159 cm spear(and quite often you just hit with your horse before).

I have information that sun pike is couchable & can strike from horseback aswell. Can someone confirm it?
Usable on cav: Naval,Thunder Pike,Swadian Halberd,Eastern Glaive,Swadian Poleaxe,German Poleaxe,Snake Halberd and Hunting spear

Sun Pike is not usable, if it's still correct
(24-03-2017, 12:18 PM)Corndogg Wrote: Sun Pike is not usable, if it's still correct

Well, not the all of information are updated. I saw the flags("Can't be used on the horseback", "polearm_1h_thrust", "lance_1h_thrust") set in item_kinds same as for hunting spear, so just need to equip sun pike and check it ingame. Too bad i dont have one.

UPDATE: Tested a bit in singleplayer. There's 2 versions of Sun Pike(not counting Old_Sun_Pike), one for swinging, second for thrusting.
The first one can't be used on the horseback, while second can be used, can couch, can strike.
Still not sure about NI tho. This "switch mode" feature a bit confusing for me, from the point of game mechanics.
If i'm right, then game uses 2 different weapons to let the player switch the mode from swinging to thrusting(overhead).
(24-03-2017, 12:39 AM)paski Wrote:
(24-03-2017, 12:01 AM)pid=\267947 Wrote:Well since I've only had archers play on Cavalry servers with me I can't really say anything on melee effectiveness, so forget my "no one uses melee" point. However, is difficulty really a part of why lances can only couch? What about horse archers that just slowly gallop away while infantry chase them and they casually shoot them in the head? I can tell you, lancing manually takes a lot more than horse archers from my 400 hours of Warband.

I just want to comprehend the logic behind this Sad Lancing is one of the most fun parts of Warband and it's no more OP than horse archers
Man, it is, lances have Piercing DMG, and combined with the bonus speed u got while riding a horse u could probably 1hit a lot of  enemies (if u hit on the head i guess)
Also, don't use hours of gameplay to reinforce ur argument since a big part of NI players have usually more than 2k
Yeah, I can see the reason behind this I guess. It would be cool if they brought it back with some re-balancing.
Corndogg Wrote:Sun Pike is not usable, if it's still correct
Someone finally brought the sun pike on the cav server. By default(swing mode) it's not usable, but if you dismount and switch mode, you can thrust with it from horseback, not couch tho, despite the mark on the weapon image. When you hide the weapon(or switch on another), it changes mode back on default, so you can't use it again.
Seems like a bug/error to me.

Before thread gets closed, wanted bring some attention on that fact that there's a large gap in lances weapon reach between t3 and t4 of riding tiers.
It's not that hard Octapus, you just need practice. :p
As a an infantry I love cavalry runs. More fun especially if you are a legionnaire. I remember killing pikemen solely with my sword and dueling those wave 12 guys. If you use your shield at the right time and attack from the right angle, they won't be that hard to kill.
Cav's only problem is that there is no variety in lances. Not even craftable. :/
Less talking, more raiding!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYBHptwwOdU