Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Spooky opinion
I've read some unban requests including mine and i just don't get it that some ppl wont get unbanned for something they did while they were younger! After months you can still hold grudges against them (also me). Why don't you just soften up a bit and let ppl try ehhh.

Hope i still have my account after saying my OPINION.
Where is the spooky part?

I'm also not so sure it is grudges so much as people have broken the rules and are being punished for it. You don't say someone is serving a prison sentence because people still hold grudges against them.
(26-03-2017, 11:03 PM)Winter Wrote: Where is the spooky part?

I'm also not so sure it is grudges so much as people have broken the rules and are being punished for it.  You don't say someone is serving a prison sentence because people still hold grudges against them.

A prison example for a gaming community, that is spooky lol!

About rules and punishments, are perma bans really justifying even after years. If the player is apologizing and did in fact change but he/she can't proof it because he/she does not get another chance. That would just be lame because it could just be a friendly community member now!

Lett us failures try again to do better?
If we are going to be childish, your mommy puts you on time out because you broke the rules and need to learn discipline, not because she holds a grudge against you.

I believe the unban section does actually exemplify giving many people a second chance. There were a huge number of players facing a perma-ban from trading real life money for items that had it lifted no questions asked. It is usually only those that consistently make a fool of themselves that tend to get denied.
(27-03-2017, 12:06 AM)Winter Wrote: If we are going to be childish, your mommy puts you on time out because you broke the rules and need to learn discipline, not because she holds a grudge against you.

I believe the unban section does actually exemplify giving many people a second chance.  There were a huge number of players facing a perma-ban from trading real life money for items that had it lifted no questions asked.  It is usually only those that consistently make a fool of themselves that tend to get denied.

Lmao fair enough!

So those like me that are trying are basically fools?
I think trying to show you have changed for the better is an admirable pursuit.
(26-03-2017, 11:48 PM)The_Drunken_One Wrote: A prison example for a gaming community, that is spooky lol!

People are people. You don't log into a game or onto forums and become an entirely different being. The game is a microcosm of the world. Suspended and banned players of the mod is an apt analogy to a prison. Also it's not spooky. Watch The Shining (I type this because I recently noticed it was on Netflix) and come back to talk about spooky.

(26-03-2017, 11:48 PM)The_Drunken_One Wrote: About rules and punishments, are perma bans really justifying even after years. If the player is apologizing and did in fact change but he/she can't proof it because he/she does not get another chance. That would just be lame because it could just be a friendly community member now!

I can only guess which case you're referring to. If I'm correct, that person officially had "another chance" and screwed it up. Then they unofficially had "another chance" by using other CD keys to circumvent their punishments. And then another unofficial "let's call this 'yet another' chance" using another CD key. And so on and so forth.

"In psychology, maturity is the ability to respond to the environment in an appropriate manner." Such a person that would follow the above course of action is literally the opposite of the definition of mature. This hypothetical person would have demonstrated enough and showed us who they really are.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(27-03-2017, 12:31 AM)Winter Wrote: I think trying to show you have changed for the better is an admirable pursuit.

that's probably the nicest thing you ever said to me, impressive xD

(27-03-2017, 12:31 AM)Malong Wrote:
(26-03-2017, 11:48 PM)The_Drunken_One Wrote: A prison example for a gaming community, that is spooky lol!

People are people. You don't log into a game or onto forums and become an entirely different being. The game is a microcosm of the world. Suspended and banned players of the mod is an apt analogy to a prison. Also it's not spooky. Watch The Shining (I type this because I recently noticed it was on Netflix) and come back to talk about spooky.

(26-03-2017, 11:48 PM)The_Drunken_One Wrote: About rules and punishments, are perma bans really justifying even after years. If the player is apologizing and did in fact change but he/she can't proof it because he/she does not get another chance. That would just be lame because it could just be a friendly community member now!

I can only guess which case you're referring to. If I'm correct, that person officially had "another chance" and screwed it up. Then they unofficially had "another chance" by using other CD keys to circumvent their punishments. And then another unofficial "let's call this 'yet another' chance" using another CD key. And so on and so forth. 

"In psychology, maturity is the ability to respond to the environment in an appropriate manner." Such a person that would follow the above course of action is literally the opposite of the definition of mature. This hypothetical person would have demonstrated enough and showed us who they really are.

That is not entirely accurate, I think people are more inclined to show their true nature on the interwebs, for better or worse. A person who wouldn't call you a pigheaded baboon to your face would find it much easier to do so online. About spooky movies, The Ring gave me spooks

Not everyone can respond in an appropriate manner if they have not yet learned how to respect people and the rules online and just minge around. I think when people grow older they think more and get to regret things and try to make up for it, it is only to others if they are willing to accept it and maybe even help or just choose to be a savage.
(27-03-2017, 12:44 AM)The_Drunken_One Wrote: That is not entirely accurate, I think people are more inclined to show their true nature on the interwebs, for better or worse. A person who wouldn't call you a pigheaded baboon to your face would find it much easier to do so online. About spooky movies, The Ring gave me spooks

Not everyone can respond in an appropriate manner if they have not yet learned how to respect people and the rules online and just minge around. I think when people grow older they think more and get to regret things and try to make up for it, it is only to others if they are willing to accept it and maybe even help or just choose to be a savage.

The Ring gave me the spooks too. "You weren't supposed to help her."

Anyway, I think you misunderstood me. The comparison of punishment to a prison is apt, and even if it wasn't, the other comparison to parents and children should be fine for you too. But this is all irrelevant, NI is a privilege and not a public right.

Concerning people gaining respect by growing older, this is not necessarily the case. It's due to the amount of social interactions a given person has had. While this number may increase over time, it's not a given that simply growing older guarantees more interactions and thus maturity. For example, there are many adults on the autism spectrum due to having had fewer than average or median number of social interactions. Finally, we're not talking about rehabilitation over a long course of time. In a hypothetical situation of about 3 years, in which a person was an early adolescent at the start of this interval, that person would still be an adolescent at the end of that time. Furthermore, it's been shown with magnetic resonance imaging that the brain doesn't fully develop until 25 anyway. By definition, an adolescent that is currently, let's say 16 years old, would still be 9 years away from fully developed mentally.

You mention regret, and that brings up an interesting question: is it regret over their actions, or over the consequences? A hypothetical person once apologized to me over their actions and then quickly repeated them. Regret over actions would imply that they would not have carried out other actions that had similar effects, yet they did. Don't answer that question, by the way. It's rhetorical.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
If you're referring to Suns' post, I understand where you're coming from, his post was a lengthy and detailed one highlighting his realisation of his 'crimes', admitting his guilt and apologising. I don't agree so much with the "It was the old me, I was younger, I'm more mature" But it's been two years and if someone is still trying to get unbanned two years later they clearly wish to play again and just might of learnt their lesson, these things should be taken into account.
Dreaded War Pick - 13/05/2018 - Loke
Fell Edge - 29/06/2018 - Tyr
Dragon Halberd - 05/08/2018 - Einherjar Berserker
Zephyr - 30/09/2018 - Odin