Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Would Halberdiers get stuff at marketplace ?
I guess we should also take away power strike from legionnaires.
They're already weak at throwing. Wink
(18-05-2017, 10:58 PM)Narvad Wrote: They already weak at throwing. Wink

only 50 WPF lower than Pikeman. Same power throw
(18-05-2017, 11:02 PM)Soviet Wrote:
(18-05-2017, 10:58 PM)Narvad Wrote: They already weak at throwing. Wink
than Pikeman
If it's not "weak" for you, then i don't now. Also usability of thrown weapons.
Also there's no increased crossbow skill. Pretty balanced, i would say.

Anyway, this topic is about pikeman and it heroes...
(18-05-2017, 11:07 PM)Narvad Wrote: Anyway, this topic is about pikeman and it heroes choices...

I'm aware of that. It was a sarcastic analogy. It makes sense that a Pikeman hero should have good slashing, just as it makes sense that a Commando hero should have good slashing. You compared MP (which of course is a Pikeman hero) slashing to Chosen Marksman and Warden, which isn't fair at all.
(18-05-2017, 11:11 PM)Soviet Wrote: It makes sense that a Pikeman hero should have good slashing, just as it makes sense that a Commando hero should have good slashing. You compared Pikeman slashing to Chosen Marksman and Warden, which isn't fair at all.
"good slashing" Does not reflect anything. Slashing of Master Peltast would be good comparing to Pikeman even if he had 6 power strike.

I did not compared Pikeman to Chosen Marksman and Warden. I compared Master Peltast, which is the hero and "ranged specialized" choice, to the CM and Warden, which is obviously as well the "ranged specialized" ones of their respective class, and their starting condition as non-hero characters.

So why Master Peltasts gets +2ps while Chosen Marksman/Repeaterman gets only +1ps? While their starting condition is the same(5ps at non-hero).
Master Peltast is objectively overpowered class, even without mention his melee ability.
(18-05-2017, 11:28 PM)Narvad Wrote:
(18-05-2017, 11:11 PM)Soviet Wrote: It makes sense that a Pikeman hero should have good slashing, just as it makes sense that a Commando hero should have good slashing. You compared Pikeman slashing to Chosen Marksman and Warden, which isn't fair at all.
I did not compared Pikeman to Chosen Marksman and Warden. I compared Master Peltast, which is the hero and "ranged specialized" choice, to the CM and Warden, which is obviously as well the "ranged specialized" ones of their respective class.

So why Master Peltasts gets +2ps while Chosen Marksman/Repeaterman gets only +1ps? While they're starting condition is the same(5ps at non-hero).

"good slashing" Does not reflect anything. Slashing of Master Peltast would be good comparing to Pikeman even if he had 6 power strike.

Yeah I messed up, already updated my post. My point still stands, it makes complete sense. MP is about as much of a ranged centered class as Legionnaire is. Sure, it's the only hero that gets extra throwing, but it's still a pikeman. I mean, it even gets more power strike than it does power throw, so it's clearly not a ranged class. CM and Warden are ranged centered, though.

But sure, take away the thing that makes MP so desirable: its versatility.
(18-05-2017, 11:11 PM)Soviet Wrote:
(18-05-2017, 11:07 PM)Narvad Wrote: Anyway, this topic is about pikeman and it heroes choices...

I'm aware of that. It was a sarcastic analogy. It makes sense that a Pikeman hero should have good slashing, just as it makes sense that a Commando hero should have good slashing. You compared MP (which of course is a Pikeman hero) slashing to Chosen Marksman and Warden, which isn't fair at all.
All is fair. Warden and CM have an advantage in the cavalry mode in front of the pikemans. All have their own + and -
èėé
 Ł̶Í̶Ť̶Ț̶Ł̶Ĕ̶_̶Đ̶Ē̶V̶Ì̶Ĺ̶*̶ DB_Wormhole* ●Support 27 lvl
DB_Xamka* (MP, Siege Eng.) ●Blacksmith 26lvl 
DB_Dancing_Shielder* (RG, MasterSurgeon)
●Armorsmith 29 lvl
DB_Angry_Swadian_Nurse* (Repeater, MS) 
DB_Dancing_Pumpkin_Cub* (Warden, MS) ●Alchemist 35
(18-05-2017, 11:38 PM)Soviet Wrote: My point still stands, it makes complete sense. MP is about as much of a ranged centered class as Legionnaire is.
Leggionaire is not range-centered class. He has armor. He has shield skill. He has increased one-handed proficiency. In fact an upgraded commando with ability to throw.

(18-05-2017, 11:38 PM)Soviet Wrote: I mean, it even gets more power strike than it does power throw, so it's clearly not a ranged class.
That's the point why it should be nerfed a bit. Because it's already strong at ranged, and it has decent melee ability, on par with Pavise Champion.

(18-05-2017, 11:38 PM)Soviet Wrote: But sure, take away the thing that makes MP so desirable: its versatility.
Why not? Maybe more people will consider playing as halberdier/marauder/hoplite(which i'm preety sure will not happen, atleast in large quantities(apart from the hype of new class)).

(18-05-2017, 11:49 PM)ღκpŎζΊĢõɲθǮ*ღ Wrote: Warden and CM have an advantage in the cavalry mode in front of the pikemans.
That was before hoplite was introduced. Now we'll see. :]
You have to understand that Warden and CM are hardly focused on shooting, not running out and fighting bots. Sure you can do that, but you'll probably die. Pikeman heroes are meant to be universal, you get to go ranged and melee and be good at it. In my opinion MP stats shouldn't be changed, nor Halbardier stats. MPs don't go for slashing as frequently as the other 2 heroes, they prefer throwing, as it is their role.
Hey ; - )

[Image: Geralt]