Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Community Outreach
(26-05-2017, 11:04 PM)Bobo Wrote: I don't think I've ever seen ppl talking against donating before. Just can't believe my eyes.
Let's put it simple, guys:
you play it, you like it - support it if you can, don't if you can't, it's ok.
you don't like it? Be it. Then what are you doing here? Go criticize something else, play something else, watch tv, have a beer or whatever...

Just cut the bs, will you? No offence.

PS. good one, Bluz, carry on man.

Nobody posted anything encouraging others not to donate. But I played devil's advocate when I saw attempts to guilt trip (aka "calling out") others into donating.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
I can't help but agree that perhaps attempting to berate/guilt trip people for doing something that is not against the rules and is only wrong in your own personal moral code miiiight not be the best way to garner donations.

Edit: good job AU. I'm proud of you, especially Slugbath.
(26-05-2017, 11:30 PM)Winter Wrote: I can't help but agree that perhaps attempting to berate/guilt trip people for doing something that is not against the rules and is only wrong in your own personal moral code miiiight not be the best way to garner donations.

Edit: good job AU.  I'm proud of you, especially Slugbath.

A special shout out to Razor who helped pay for last months up time!
1x Tears of Hvergelmir.
Why is everyone talking about buying legendaries? A better thing to buy would defiantly be crafting materials. 

Buying these materials such as lumps, etc... would mean that not only do people put money into this amazing mod but they will also have to invest in time to get their crafting levels up. This opens up so many opportunities ( more crafting levels, more businesses for players who make these items).

This wouldn't have an effect on how easy the game is because there aren't many good weapons to craft as opposed to legendaries. The craftables will mainly be used for armour which means that people wont die as fast and therefore enjoy the game more while also looking bad ass in stuff like trans and defender armour. 

If anyone plays games such as league of legends, people spend a hell of a lot on skins, to look cool!!!!!! ( I know i did) No weapons are bought. 

Advantages
- The difficulty isnt affected much
- Money is put into the mod to keep it going
- People play the game more because they have invested money into it.
- People play more because they dont die as much and waste hours just sitting there
- It created businesses for people to make money by crafting and charging
- It puts more materials into the market without necessarily reducing current prices as people wont want to sell the materials for less as its real world money thats been put into it.
- Specific materials can be sold as to not make every craftable so easy to make e.g. tomes/barrels

Disadvantages
- Harder work for Dev team to program this shop
- Cant really think of much else too be honest

I have many other ideas to help the mod. Would love to talk to the devs/admins/everyone
(30-05-2017, 06:49 PM)Fisherman Wrote: (...)
Currently crafting system is not balanced.
Implementing materials for sell will make a big impact on the game economy.
People don't play the game just because they make an investment.
You can buy legendary(or even just gold, why not), sell it and buy any crafted item you want.
With current flow of players making business on crafting is hard and requires some thinking, but still exist. Charges exist, but rarely seen since everyone uses their house services for free.

Quote:- It puts more materials into the market without necessarily reducing current prices as people wont want to sell the materials for less as its real world money thats been put into it.
More materials + same demand = cheaper prices.
It's not like about what the people want - one doesn't have power to control economy without wasting excess amounts of gold(or having majority of sellers under control); but it's opposite to the purpose of selling materials for profit. There always be someone who makes price a bit low to sell faster.

Also i have reminiscent feeling. On some other project "we" also tried to implement materials for real cash... not sure if it's still exist tho. :]
(30-05-2017, 07:08 PM)Narvad Wrote: Currently crafting system is not balanced.
Implementing materials for sell will make a big impact on the game economy.
People don't play the game just because they make an investment.
You can buy legendary(or even just gold, why not), sell it and buy any crafted item you want.
With current flow of players making business on crafting is hard and requires some thinking, but still exist. Charges exist, but rarely seen since everyone uses their house services for free.

I see your point as people wont play forever because they put £5 in, but people will play longer if they feel their account is good and their character looks cool when playing. This fact is proven from other games, otherwise why would people buy skins. 

But the main advantage is that the server get paid every month and thats what matters. 
Buying gold would be good. Another items that can be bought maybe instead of materials. This would put more gold in players hands and therefor into an economy where 5% of players own 90% of the wealth. You know who you are Wink
(30-05-2017, 07:17 PM)Fisherman Wrote: I see your point as people wont play forever because they put £5 in, but people will play longer if they feel their account is good and their character looks cool when playing. This fact is proven from other games, otherwise why would people buy skins.

But the main advantage is that the server get paid every month and thats what matters.
Buying gold would be good. Another items that can be bought maybe instead of materials. This would put more gold in players hands and therefor into an economy where 5% of players own 90% of the wealth. You know who you are Wink
It's not like people playing because their account is good or their character looks cool. But their account is good or their character looks cool because they are playing. Why actually are they playing? It's the personal question.
Don't mind. Smile

Server gets paid only if people are going to buy the materials in the enough quantities, which i doubt.

Buying gold for real money actually has the same issues as buying legendaries and even more of them. And it's not good at all for the game.

I don't really care about wealth distribution. One who's rich by playing the game for a long time is should be rich. In the long term(and actively playing) any random factors is neutralized(more or less, depends on the internal mechanics of the loot system).
This issue(if it's issue at all) can't be resolved at that way. Only "normal" players is going to suffer more.
With the increases of the gold amount in player hands(and overall) the prices on materials will also get high > higher price on craftables. It will be even more about lucky loot than now(also the time that one playing this mode per day/good house with often and quick rag events).
It is true ppl buy skins for real money in some games and that gives them nothing but looks. Maybe that is the way: some model variants that have the same stats like an already-in-game substitute only look cool might be available for real money... Just the model replacement, you need to have the regular item to buy the "cool" version.
Things like e.g. "Dragon Armour" (Black Armour in flaming red, 10 EUR for the colour), etc.
(31-05-2017, 04:04 PM)Bobo Wrote: It is true ppl buy skins for real money in some games and that gives them nothing but looks. Maybe that is the way: some model variants that have the same stats like an already-in-game substitute only look cool might be available for real money... Just the model replacement, you need to have the regular item to buy the "cool" version.
Things like e.g. "Dragon Armour" (Black Armour in flaming red, 10 EUR for the colour), etc.
The idea is interesting. It mostly relies on the realisation of it and the opinion of community.
As for me, i don't mind if there will be option to "buy" better look of equipment.

People already paying some gold(half of the barbutte price i guess) to get Ornate Bascinet instead of Barbutte with Coif with the same stats, just because look.
Lol if Ni's gone to the point where it's so desperate for donations it starts selling item skins when other mods can upkeep their servers without doing so then it deserves to die really.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]