Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: What is the best 1h for Legio?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dreaded War Pick
26.80%
26 26.80%
Excalibur
39.18%
38 39.18%
Halogis Torch
8.25%
8 8.25%
Ragnars Wrath/Wulfsbane
12.37%
12 12.37%
Swadias Wrath
2.06%
2 2.06%
Illustrious
7.22%
7 7.22%
Fang of Fenrir
3.09%
3 3.09%
Fell Edge
1.03%
1 1.03%
Total 97 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What is the best 1h for Legio?
(04-06-2017, 07:09 PM)AVirusC Wrote: Probably not the best legionnaire 1h, but very heavy throwing axes are extremely underrated and their cost is really low for what you get. It's essentially a throwable dragon axe, so it leaves room to allow for a legionnaire to perform all of its functions without needing to pick up other peoples items - throwing, shielding and slashing with both 1h and 2h weapons. Otherwise, you often need to compromise by choosing whether to bring in a throwing weapon or to bring in a 2h weapon.

But yeah, the excalibur is probably the best 1h legionnaire locked item as of now.

The throwing damage is extremly low and the 1h damage is also not really good. I prefer bringing that whats needed :p (throw or 2h)

For all guys who like the cut 1h so much, the + you have vs the low armored bots doesn't matter because you will one hit them with a dwp/halogis too. Also there are some bots on rag where the chances is really high that you will bounce on them with cut and we don't need to talk about the less hits you will need for the armoured bots with pierce or blunt.
Thunder Pike  ~ 11.08.2016
Onyx Bolts      ~ 03.09.2016
Phoenix Shield ~ 09.07.2019
Excalibur         ~ 15.07.2019
Steam: Horror    
(04-06-2017, 07:51 PM)HorrorDeath Wrote:
(04-06-2017, 07:09 PM)AVirusC Wrote: Probably not the best legionnaire 1h, but very heavy throwing axes are extremely underrated and their cost is really low for what you get. It's essentially a throwable dragon axe, so it leaves room to allow for a legionnaire to perform all of its functions without needing to pick up other peoples items - throwing, shielding and slashing with both 1h and 2h weapons. Otherwise, you often need to compromise by choosing whether to bring in a throwing weapon or to bring in a 2h weapon.

But yeah, the excalibur is probably the best 1h legionnaire locked item as of now.

The throwing damage is extremly low and the 1h damage is also not really good. I prefer bringing that whats needed :p (throw or 2h)

For all guys who like the cut 1h so much, the + you have vs the low armored bots doesn't matter because you will one hit them with a dwp/halogis too. Also there are some bots on rag where the chances is really high that you will bounce on them with cut and we don't need to talk about the less hits you will need for the armoured bots with pierce or blunt.

Which is why you have a throwable that deals piercing damage in the first place :p, because these heavy guys are to be avoided in the first place, especially if you have no shield, and even then, in rags, most of the things don't really care about your shield, even if you're a RG, which is why legio has more mobility. DWP is just fancy for its look, statwise it's debatable as it is useful in some cases. About that bouncing part, you can actually cut anything with a ragnar's wrath+ as a legio. Trust me, I've done it.  Both weapon types pay the price at a point.

- LordChaos (Legionnaire):  Armorsmith
- Kingsguard (Royal Guard):Blacksmith
- Swadian_Hunter (Archer) Jobless
- The_Impaler (Pikeman): Achemist 
- House Crafting: Defender 

01/04/16: Nothing
(04-06-2017, 08:02 PM)LordChaos Wrote:

Which is why you have a throwable that deals piercing damage in the first place :p, because these heavy guys are to be avoided in the first place, especially if you have no shield, and even then, in rags, most of the things don't really care about your shield, even if you're a RG, which is why legio has more mobility. DWP is just fancy for its look, statwise it's debatable as it is useful in some cases. About that bouncing part, you can actually cut anything with a ragnar's wrath+ as a legio. Trust me, I've done it.  Both weapon types pay the price at a point.

I bounced with my Marauder and my Naval often enough on Rag and if I do it with this you will also bounce with any other cut weapon on for example Siege Masters Body.

I was just saying that the cost vs gain is pretty good for VHTAs and so it's arguably the best budget legionnaire item. 

Anyways, I think I would disagree with you about the damage output being low. 55c isn't bad for a melee weapon - it's obviously not of the illustrious/DWP/excalibur tier of 1h weapons, but that's a comparison between legendary and craftable items, of which obviously the legendary items are better. However, for a craftable item, the VHTAs are really good as a 1h. Admittedly the throwing mode of the VHTA isn't fantastic, but I still think it's decent.
Swadian Courage almost as good as Illustrous. And costs pretty much the same as VHTA Smile
(04-06-2017, 08:20 PM)AVirusC Wrote:

I was just saying that the cost vs gain is pretty good for VHTAs and so it's arguably the best budget legionnaire item. 

Anyways, I think I would disagree with you about the damage output being low. 55c isn't bad for a melee weapon - it's obviously not of the illustrious/DWP/excalibur tier of 1h weapons, but that's a comparison between legendary and craftable items, of which obviously the legendary items are better. However, for a craftable item, the VHTAs are really good as a 1h. Admittedly the throwing mode of the VHTA isn't fantastic, but I still think it's decent.

The throwing isn't even decent 72 cut is nothing for a throwing weapon Wink and it gets less while the axe is flying. Sure 55 cut doesn't sound to bad for a craftable but I think you can even get a Dragon Axe for this money which is way better and just taking throwing spears from the ground if it isn't possible for you to buy both .
(04-06-2017, 08:37 PM)HorrorDeath Wrote:
(04-06-2017, 08:20 PM)AVirusC Wrote:

The throwing isn't even decent 72 cut is nothing for a throwing weapon Wink and it gets less while the axe is flying. Sure 55 cut doesn't sound to bad for a craftable but I think you can even get a Dragon Axe for this money which is way better and just taking throwing spears from the ground if it isn't possible for you to buy both .

I suppose that with the current situation of NI whereby there's an excess of very high tier items, this item has lost some of its use. However, two or so years, which is when I had these axes, it wasn't always the case that there was a legendary throwable weapon in each game and in fact, it was pretty rare to see them. Nowadays, I guess the throwing function is probably not so useful, but I still stand by it being a good item for its cost. 

I did earlier say that my vote went to the excalibur though, and not the VHTA. I just thought that the versatility and cheap cost that the VHTA offers deserves it a mention.
Excalibur obviously
Well I may as well add something here about play style for Leg
Unlike all Leg I have seen my set up is like alot of zwei with 2h sword, 2h hammer and shield so eg...

My set up || A cheap set up I would recommend 
Excalibur ||  Swadian Courage
Mjo ||  Harbinger or Head Crusher
Phoenix Shield ||   Royal Shield

So no I don't bring in a 2h and or db even tho I have them. Yes Mjo does have the bonus of also being a great 2h but before that I used Halogi's Torch or DWP in that spot.
Db is the best leg can have on them for throwing but I find the aim is so low that I can't be fucked to bring db in unless pikeman can use them not me. - If I wanted to throw I would bring pikeman.
2h swords like dur etc even tho I have them I will bring in later if needed but if I end up using the 2h more than the 1h I may as well be Zwei.

Being Leg to use throwing or 2h more than 1h defeats purpose of that hero so when I play leg I play ONLY leg if you understand that.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
dwp best
08/15/16 - White Dragon Helmet
08/25/16 - Dragon Axe
10/2/16 - Ornate Crusader Helmet
11/6/16 - Gothic Salet
12/1/16 - Wulfsbane
1/8/17 - Ornate Bascinet
11/19/17 - Legacy