Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Idea for more fun on long term play
(19-08-2017, 11:25 PM)jpdesjardins Wrote:
(19-08-2017, 04:02 PM)Malong Wrote:
(19-08-2017, 04:37 AM)jpdesjardins Wrote: Is it back-pedaling admitting the situation has changed?

-No events anymore;
-Hardly any full game anymore;
-All the prices have literally doubled on the AH.

These points are intimately related since, if you can’t find a full game, you won’t get much assist experience for gold. Alright, we can counter that by farming the materials all by yourself. But then what? It took me 5 months to build my wall and I saw the constant decrease in the amount of player during that time. Will there be anyone left when I’m done with my next objective? Everything takes more time than before.

Yes, it's still back-pedaling because the principle remains the same. You lead to what is claimed to be a disproportionate amount of items/materials being created and in circulation. Also you don't mention that many of the players that left the community were at the stage of the game where they had no interest in crafting, and those items/materials were, at the time, distributed to the smaller percentage of the population that wanted them. Not the percentage of players that want the materials are higher, but drops are less frequent at an (ideally) linear rate.

Honestly, I don't care if drop rates are increased. But this situation and its problems should have been easily foreseen. But it runs completely counter to the reason that drop rates were nerfed for fewer players. I just like pointing out the hypocrisy.

(19-08-2017, 04:37 AM)jpdesjardins Wrote: I’m not a rocket-scientist in economy, but I’m quite sure that NI has been in recession for a long time now. By increasing the stock on the auction house, the prices will inevitably go down. 

What? A recession means a decreasing GDP for two straight quarters.

You say you’re not opposed yet you bring the feeling of the veteran players who left months ago. Indeed, I didn’t bring the reason why they left since I was not active during that time. I started the thread so things could move on by stating what I believe are facts. I must not be 100% wrong since a few people have agreed so far.

As for the recession thing, I restarted playing 5 months ago and the prices from what I remember had already doubled, so I think it’s a good guess to say they have doubled for a good 8 months and thing didn’t just happen instantly but more over the time.

Furthermore, I’m pretty sure that most people understood what I meant by that but if you insist on the use of the nomenclature. Since the prices for most the materials have literally doubled, you need more cash, but if there’s less player around in the games, you won’t get much gold since the assist experience will be much lower. Therefore, less thing will be bought from the auction house and the amount made will be overall lower. A lower gross domestic product made from auction house.

Yes veteran players can always use their big stock of material, which they actually do. Just for instance, I’ve seen the Nkabank sell Sulphur for 150k gold, but then again, they were around 50k gold back then (no hard feeling against that clan, just implying the rise in price touch everyone).

Call it hypocrisies from them or whatever may please you, but as I said, some have already agreed that there’s a problem related to the drop rate and if the solution isn’t increase the rate, well the thread is open to discussion and I’d like to hear your idea so people can enjoy the game again on the long term, veteran and new players left.

I was agreeing with you up until the point when you started using Nka's prices as an example  Big Grin. He price gouges everyone on the AH. That's a piss poor example. Anyone can buy out the AH and then double the item price, great way to make money if you have the gold. If drop rates are too low then there won't be enough dropping to keep the prices low though.
MP - Warden - Sentinel - Zwei - Legio - RG

Steam  Legendaries

Feel free to add on steam for trades.
(20-08-2017, 02:44 AM)Sharmastyle Wrote:
(19-08-2017, 04:02 PM)Malong Wrote:
(19-08-2017, 04:37 AM)jpdesjardins Wrote: Is it back-pedaling admitting the situation has changed?

-No events anymore;
-Hardly any full game anymore;
-All the prices have literally doubled on the AH.

These points are intimately related since, if you can’t find a full game, you won’t get much assist experience for gold. Alright, we can counter that by farming the materials all by yourself. But then what? It took me 5 months to build my wall and I saw the constant decrease in the amount of player during that time. Will there be anyone left when I’m done with my next objective? Everything takes more time than before.

Yes, it's still back-pedaling because the principle remains the same. You lead to what is claimed to be a disproportionate amount of items/materials being created and in circulation. Also you don't mention that many of the players that left the community were at the stage of the game where they had no interest in crafting, and those items/materials were, at the time, distributed to the smaller percentage of the population that wanted them. Not the percentage of players that want the materials are higher, but drops are less frequent at an (ideally) linear rate.

Honestly, I don't care if drop rates are increased. But this situation and its problems should have been easily foreseen. But it runs completely counter to the reason that drop rates were nerfed for fewer players. I just like pointing out the hypocrisy.

(19-08-2017, 04:37 AM)jpdesjardins Wrote: I’m not a rocket-scientist in economy, but I’m quite sure that NI has been in recession for a long time now. By increasing the stock on the auction house, the prices will inevitably go down. 

What? A recession means a decreasing GDP for two straight quarters.

You say you’re not opposed yet you bring the feeling of the veteran players who left months ago. Indeed, I didn’t bring the reason why they left since I was not active during that time. I started the thread so things could move on by stating what I believe are facts. I must not be 100% wrong since a few people have agreed so far.

As for the recession thing, I restarted playing 5 months ago and the prices from what I remember had already doubled, so I think it’s a good guess to say they have doubled for a good 8 months and thing didn’t just happen instantly but more over the time.

Furthermore, I’m pretty sure that most people understood what I meant by that but if you insist on the use of the nomenclature. Since the prices for most the materials have literally doubled, you need more cash, but if there’s less player around in the games, you won’t get much gold since the assist experience will be much lower. Therefore, less thing will be bought from the auction house and the amount made will be overall lower. A lower gross domestic product made from auction house.

Yes veteran players can always use their big stock of material, which they actually do. Just for instance, I’ve seen the Nkabank sell Sulphur for 150k gold, but then again, they were around 50k gold back then (no hard feeling against that clan, just implying the rise in price touch everyone).

Call it hypocrisies from them or whatever may please you, but as I said, some have already agreed that there’s a problem related to the drop rate and if the solution isn’t increase the rate, well the thread is open to discussion and I’d like to hear your idea so people can enjoy the game again on the long term, veteran and new players left.

I was agreeing with you up until the point when you started using Nka's prices as an example  Big Grin. He price gouges everyone on the AH. That's a piss poor example. Anyone can buy out the AH and then double the item price, great way to make money if you have the gold. If drop rates are too low then there won't be enough dropping to keep the prices low though.

Meh, that name just strikes my mind somehow, that's all. Just wanted to point it out that it could be anyone.
Once the rich don't have eg almost 300 zinc... then you can up the drop rate. Don't up the rate we have the mats already needed in game just they are stuck in peoples accounts 

People like me nka etc... have this problem atm. We have so much mats but we don't have any reason in selling them as well we don't need the gold or shitty loots/craftables.

If you want the mats/gold you have to loot something new or rare. This is not on new/"poor" people it's on the dev's more and really not much they can do now... ow wait
Legendary Boots Event ||  We can buy lvls for class - so I can just power lvl with cash/mats || etc... 

The idea's behind it are not hard to say just hard to make but if you want to fix the problem in a way that works well the aim should be.. The rich need something that the active player has or gets OR make something that the rich can make that's 20-40m in mats that's not op but worth it so that people that have 500m ish want to craft it also. - I would pay idk 40-50m pure if i could get all the stats of my hero's on 1 id [need all 16 heroes(12m) + 38m pure? = almost dev hero - 50m total]

[Image: 053428d01d5afe762e48f0b40d724479.jpg]

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(19-08-2017, 11:25 PM)jpdesjardins Wrote: You say you’re not opposed yet you bring the feeling of the veteran players who left months ago. Indeed, I didn’t bring the reason why they left since I was not active during that time. I started the thread so things could move on by stating what I believe are facts. I must not be 100% wrong since a few people have agreed so far.

What? I didn't bring up the feelings of veterans. I brought up the fact that more veterans playing means both more loot generation and more loot in circulation rather than inventories. If there are more bots being killed, more loot is being generated. Veteran players are less likely to be interested in crafting. Before the latest exodus, the ratio of players in the community not interested in crafting is higher, loot is more likely to go to them, they are more likely to sell them, and thus more is in circulation. This is basic math and a significant factor for the availability of materials that went unmentioned.

Yes, I insist on such things as "nomenclature" (even though you mean "terminology"). Using proper and well-defined terms is how you communicate what you mean.

That's still not a recession, it's just the total value of goods sold between players. You don't account for value of services or goods produced, which is what GDP measures. But anyway, there is no point of calculating GDP; there are no other "countries" (even if NI was a "country") to compare this to.

Yes veteran players can always use their big stock of material, which they actually do. Just for instance, I’ve seen the Nkabank sell Sulphur for 150k gold, but then again, they were around 50k gold back then (no hard feeling against that clan, just implying the rise in price touch everyone).

That would be the above where veterans are not interested in crafting, but putting it into circulation. Price correction due to availability is fair. Otherwise, get good and kill more bots.

Call it hypocrisies from them or whatever may please you, but as I said, some have already agreed that there’s a problem related to the drop rate and if the solution isn’t increase the rate, well the thread is open to discussion and I’d like to hear your idea so people can enjoy the game again on the long term, veteran and new players left.

Some people agree the earth is flat, it doesn't make them right. Logic and reasoning aren't popularity contests. And even if someone happened to be right, the decision for changes is not always that person's to make.

I've posted my idea for loot distribution, and my views on loot generation, and referenced each multiple times. People agreed with those as well. Nothing ever changed, nothing ever got implemented. At this point, I'd rather nothing change while I enjoy watching the consequences of previous decisions. Watching the world burn is incredibly fun.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
We're not in a court, nor in a philosophy forum, so for that recession thing, I'm not going to detail it any further. You either understand the joke related at first try or follow the your path all along.

I won't lie, I didn't read your 2013 idea, since well, we're in 2017. You faced the situation at the moment, I'm facing this one and I'm making a huge conjecture here, but I'm pretty sure there was a lot more people around at this time. I'm quite sure the statistics have changed a little.

What's that get good and kill more bots? Pardon me, but my priority is not to get the best at a video game, I'm here to have fun, if I suck then so be it.

You might have had great idea in that thread. At this point you made your idea clear, you won't change your mind, but so do I. We'll see how the dev. team settle this. For your last quote, not my philosophy, feels like I saw it in a movie somehow too.

I'm sure it will be great to read you again, but pardon me if I don't reply until next Saturday.

Woody, I have to say that screenshot made laugh heh.
(20-08-2017, 11:45 AM)jpdesjardins Wrote: We're not in a court, nor in a philosophy forum, so for that recession thing, I'm not going to detail it any further. You either understand the joke related at first try or follow the your path all along.

What are you talking about? You brought up that there's a recession, and I am showing that it's not. Trying to now say that it was a joke is a weak way absolve yourself of responsibility.

(20-08-2017, 11:45 AM)jpdesjardins Wrote: I won't lie, I didn't read your 2013 idea, since well, we're in 2017. You faced the situation at the moment, I'm facing this one and I'm making a huge conjecture here, but I'm pretty sure there was a lot more people around at this time. I'm quite sure the statistics have changed a little.

You ask for ideas, then not read them. Out of curiosity, do you think concepts of loot generation and distribution expire or require minimum population? Regardless, you missed the entire point, which was that people agreeing with you is not enough to affect change. Good job!

(20-08-2017, 11:45 AM)jpdesjardins Wrote: What's that get good and kill more bots? Pardon me, but my priority is not to get the best at a video game, I'm here to have fun, if I suck then so be it.

If you can kill more, then you can generate more loot, which averts this entire situation. Also, if you only care about fun, then you shouldn't care about prices, items, or whatever. Fun is item-agnostic. You can't have it both ways.

(20-08-2017, 11:45 AM)jpdesjardins Wrote: You might have had great idea in that thread. At this point you made your idea clear, you won't change your mind, but so do I. We'll see how the dev. team settle this. For your last quote, not my philosophy, feels like I saw it in a movie somehow too.

You haven't made a convincing argument. And even if you get your way, it doesn't make changes loot table changes any less completely counter to previous dev decisions. Two completely opposing ideas can't be correct simultaneously. I just like pointing out the hypocrisy.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(20-08-2017, 04:17 AM)Woody Wrote: [Image: 053428d01d5afe762e48f0b40d724479.jpg]

Holy cow. It's going to take me forever to save up the 3.5M to respec all my old ass hybrids, and then actually get some of the newer stuff.  Sad  Darn 1%ers.
House Thalheimer: Galen (Legionnaire), Wilhelm (Warden), Johann (Chosen Marksmen), Friedrich (Master Peltast) [Engineers]
Crafting: Blacksmith Max, Armorsmith Max, Alchemy Max, Support 22, Defender 14
NI House: The Order of Scarlet Blade Scarlet Knights
NI Banners - NI Banner Prototypes

(23-08-2017, 02:21 AM)Galen_Thalheimer Wrote:
(20-08-2017, 04:17 AM)Woody Wrote: [Image: 053428d01d5afe762e48f0b40d724479.jpg]

Holy cow. It's going to take me forever to save up the 3.5M to respec all my old ass hybrids, and then actually get some of the newer stuff.  Sad  Darn 1%ers.
I would be in the 1% of the 1% thx.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
2m in sparkly necklaces lol
08/15/16 - White Dragon Helmet
08/25/16 - Dragon Axe
10/2/16 - Ornate Crusader Helmet
11/6/16 - Gothic Salet
12/1/16 - Wulfsbane
1/8/17 - Ornate Bascinet
11/19/17 - Legacy
Overall threads like this are pointless. People coming in from the last few months expect a revival of this game. It's had it's heyday. There is no end game for high level players, never was. Even though it was a hell of a grind fest there's not enough game-play in the endgame or anything really.
MP - Warden - Sentinel - Zwei - Legio - RG

Steam  Legendaries

Feel free to add on steam for trades.