Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Do you like this idea?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
100.00%
16 100.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

weapon / armor maintenance
Idea is that you have to maintenance you weapon/armor to keep it as much effective as possible.
After certain period ,or numbers of waves your equipment would need your attention and care, also Your money, to bring it back to its best.
Maintenance would be carried on through website using existing  professions system (blacksmith ,armorsmith ) , and existing materials.
Cheap weapons/ armor would be easy and low cost to maintain -  required matts  bent swords  old buts etc.
Expensive weapons/armor  -  more valuable matts  like steel, hardened metal , perfected metal or gold bars etc.

Pros in my opinion would be:
-immersion 
-realism
-better economy 
-rich ppl pay more than poor Smile)
About Cons well You tell me . Im also adding a poll to this topic so vote pls
AMOR PATRIAE NOSTRA LEX
New players would have to create and use other characters ASAP to be able to repair their gear and it only gets more expensive as they progress.

Steel would be annoying to get let alone hardened metal which is in high demand as it is since doesnt drop much anymore and perfect metal and gold bars is just out of the question.

These mats that youd use them on wouldnt go to anyone theyd just go to the website and no one can use them. This would only ruin the economy and I'm not sure why rich people paying more is an upside if everyone that levels their gear will have to pay more so then what would be the point?

So to sum up the "pros"
- Better Economy: It would ruin it as these hard to loot/craftable mats would go to no one and they just disappear entierly
- Rich people will have to pay more than poor: Everyone will eventually start having good gear so then they'll have to pay more. This point has no purpose or upside
- Realism and Immersion: You can only add so much realism for immersion before it becomes just a pain to deal with. Maintenence for gear would be one of these.
A loot a year keeps the interested here

I do maps btw lol
Hey Sudoku_Killer,

Allow me to start off by saying thanks for the suggestion. *Please note this is not an opinion of an admin or development team.*

I will simplify what I'm about to say below this line in one word. No.

Now I will go over what I like and dislike about this.

----PROS----
As you said, it does add alot more Realism and Immersion into gameplay which in all honest NI can at times be quite mind numbing when you have thousands of hours dedicated into the game.

It would give the market a better economy as opposed to people just purchasing materials and hoarding them and waiting for the prices to shoot up to a ridiculous price. Thus creating a reason for the devs to also address the current looting system.

-------Cons-------

.) "Rich People" would mostly be using legendaries. Are you suggesting that the legendary weapon(s) and legendary armor(s) would break? That would not really make them a item of a "legendary" status in my opinion so I would have to say legendaries should not be breakable... OR they have a VERY rare break chance. (1/5,000 for example. As opposed to 1/250 for light blues and 1/1,000 for dark blue items.)

.) Other mods have implemented systems like this in the past that ultimately (and rightfully) fell apart not long after. (cRPG for example.)
Others have been successful with this kind of a system and once again it comes down to making sure it's implemented in a correct, functional and realistic way.

.) Frequency. Would this happen at any time during the waves? Would it be at the end of the map? Personally I think at the end of the map it rolls your RNG and decides if you have to pay X amount to repair.

.) Cost balancing, as I said if this system comes in incorrectly this could ruin the mod if people are having to pay a huge amount to repair their items each map. And what you'll find is teams of people in Market place gear so the upkeep is cheap/free. How do you suggest the dev team implement this without the costs blowing out.
(24-09-2017, 01:15 PM)Element Wrote: Hey Sudoku_Killer,

Allow me to start off by saying thanks for the suggestion. *Please note this is not an opinion of an admin or development team.*

I will simplify what I'm about to say below this line in one word. No.

Now I will go over what I like and dislike about this.

----PROS----
As you said, it does add alot more Realism and Immersion into gameplay which in all honest NI can at times be quite mind numbing when you have thousands of hours dedicated into the game.

It would give the market a better economy as opposed to people just purchasing materials and hoarding them and waiting for the prices to shoot up to a ridiculous price. Thus creating a reason for the devs to also address the current looting system.

-------Cons-------

.) "Rich People" would mostly be using legendaries. Are you suggesting that the legendary weapon(s) and legendary armor(s) would break? That would not really make them a item of a "legendary" status in my opinion so I would have to say legendaries should not be breakable... OR they have a VERY rare break chance. (1/5,000 for example. As opposed to 1/250 for light blues and 1/1,000 for dark blue items.)

.) Other mods have implemented systems like this in the past that ultimately (and rightfully) fell apart not long after. (cRPG for example.)
Others have been successful with this kind of a system and once again it comes down to making sure it's implemented in a correct, functional and realistic way.

.) Frequency. Would this happen at any time during the waves? Would it be at the end of the map? Personally I think at the end of the map it rolls your RNG and decides if you have to pay X amount to repair.

.) Cost balancing, as I said if this system comes in incorrectly this could ruin the mod if people are having to pay a huge amount to repair their items each map. And what you'll find is teams of people in Market place gear so the upkeep is cheap/free. How do you suggest the dev team implement this without the costs blowing out.

Legendaries  should be not excluded from that feature , reason for it is  simple - too many legendaries .
Frequency in my opinion should be depending on weapon quality but in general  I should be low
Costs would depend on drop rate (devs decision) and market . 
We quite often hear form devs that   people still got too much money on their accounts . I take it they talking about fat cats , this idea would drain some cash from ppl who got 10+ legendaries
AMOR PATRIAE NOSTRA LEX
The idea is not bad, it would however require the drop rates to be adjusted or mats prices will go crazy high in result of the daily demand to repair crafting.
How about not materials being involved, I know soduku_killer is suggesting mats because it makes the game more immersive. 

The main problem with the game is gold right now though. There's so much gold, hundreds of millions literally out there, that the inflation is horrible. Small repair prices would take some out. Or more out for expensive legendaries. I like the repair with gold, but repairing with materials and I would uninstall immediately. Wasting mats just to repair armor and weapons is a horrible idea as it takes hours just to grind out a few to craft something.
MP - Warden - Sentinel - Zwei - Legio - RG

Steam  Legendaries

Feel free to add on steam for trades.
(24-09-2017, 11:40 PM)Sharmastyle Wrote: How about not materials being involved, I know soduku_killer is suggesting mats because it makes the game more immersive. 

The main problem with the game is gold right now though. There's so much gold, hundreds of millions literally out there, that the inflation is horrible. Small repair prices would take some out. Or more out for expensive legendaries. I like the repair with gold, but repairing with materials and I would uninstall immediately. Wasting mats just to repair armor and weapons is a horrible idea as it takes hours just to grind out a few to craft something.

+1 if you fix the gold problem you will fix most of the economy.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(25-09-2017, 12:13 AM)Woody Wrote:
(24-09-2017, 11:40 PM)Sharmastyle Wrote: How about not materials being involved, I know soduku_killer is suggesting mats because it makes the game more immersive. 

Thinking along these same lines, but something for the future like bannerlord if the devs were to the like idea.

Taking this idea from Thalheimer's in another post. Repairing armour up to masterwork found like in Native, given a little stat boost and spending gold thus taking gold out of the economy and keeping inflation down, armour degrading over time to lower levels like the lower partially broken ones found in Native, having a small stat negation, then paying a small bit to get back to full etc.

Steam  Legendaries

(25-09-2017, 07:40 AM)Sharmastyle Wrote:

Thinking along these same lines, but something for the future like bannerlord if the devs were to the like idea.

Taking this idea from Thalheimer's in another post. Repairing armour up to masterwork found like in Native, given a little stat boost and spending gold thus taking gold out of the economy and keeping inflation down, armour degrading over time to lower levels like the lower partially broken ones found in Native, having a small stat negation, then paying a small bit to get back to full etc.

Also, works better psychologically this way as it being more of a buff not a nerf to all. The only problem I see is if that makes the game even easier but even if it's 1 or 2 cut or speed etc.... The change would be minimal and the rich would still do it as the "why not factor". 

So in my mind, I think the best way to do it would be in 2-3 steps so not all things cost 5m or whatever it would be to upgrade. 

Stag Bow
Speed Rating: 82
Thrust Damage: 42
Shoot Speed: 70
Accuracy: 110

Stag Bow II 25% of the Cost
Speed Rating: 83 (+1)

Stag Bow III 75% of the Cost
Speed Rating: 83 (+1) <-- from II
Thrust Damage: 43 (+1)

Each thing would need to be custom to make sure it does not get any better than the hero locked version I would say.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(25-09-2017, 07:54 AM)Woody Wrote:
(25-09-2017, 07:40 AM)Sharmastyle Wrote:

Also, works better psychologically this way as it being more of a buff not a nerf to all. The only problem I see is if that makes the game even easier but even if it's 1 or 2 cut or speed etc.... The change would be minimal and the rich would still do it as the "why not factor". 

So in my mind, I think the best way to do it would be in 2-3 steps so not all things cost 5m or whatever it would be to upgrade. 

Stag Bow
Speed Rating: 82

Stag Bow II 25% of the Cost
Speed Rating: 83 (+1)

Stag Bow III 75% of the Cost
Speed Rating: 83 (+1) <-- from II
Thrust Damage: 43 (+1)

Each thing would need to be custom to make sure it does not get any better than the hero locked version I would say

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Melee_weapons

Native modifiers. Base example.

Steam  Legendaries