Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

New Gamemode?
If feel like NordInvasion could use a new gamemode.
Here is my concept of one:

3 Phases Siege mode.
- Needs to be played on a (large) map that is suitable for sallying forth and defending a castle, fort, etc.

1st Phase: Sally Forth.
- Players get an option to Sally Forth(limited) or prepare defenses for the castle.
- Sallying Forth is done on horseback
- Players with no horse equipped will automatically assigned to prepare defenses.
- Players Sallying Forth have to eliminate Nords, for a certain amount of waves or time, in an open type of map.
- Only if all the Nords are defeated the Swadians will receive an advantage. (IE: less waves or time during phase 2)
- Players preparing defenses get the ability to place ammo boxes, health stations and anvils (shrines should be placed at fixed positions). Usage of barricades should be limited.
- Once the Nords or Swadians are defeated the game will continue to phase 2.

2nd Phase: Defense.
- Combat will be limited to the defensive position.
- Players can restore health, shields and ammo at the tactically placed objects.
- The siege will last for a amount of waves or time, influenced by the outcome of phase 1.
- The Nords can call in specialized troops; Sappers (Nord with axes specialized in destroying barricades), Siege Engineers (Troop that might not physically spawn on the scene. Siege Engineers cause catapult strikes(stone or fire), ballista barrages, or physically spawn in a battering ram(can be stopped when the units pushing are killed))), Healing units (self explanatory), Assassins (troops specialized in sneaking, remain invisible until they are close enough for a player to notice.), more tbd.
- The Nords can attack from all possible directions, however the focus of the Nords will mainly be on the the main entrance when it is broken down.
- When the timer runs out, or if all waves are defeated the Nords will lose their momentum and break siege, causing the Swadians to be victorious.
- When all Swadians are killed the game will advance to Phase 3.

3rd Phase: Final Stand.
- Combat will be limited to an enclosed area of importance. (I.E. a keep).
- The Nords will gain momentum in their attack, adding more waves or time to the remaining of phase 2.
- Health stations, Ammo boxes and Anvils will be static in this area. Barricades are not allowed.
- Once all Nord or Swadians are defeated the game ends, resulting in the outcome of breaking siege (Swadians win) or the capture of the defensive position (Nords win).

If you have any feedback or suggestions about the gamemode above reply to this thread. New ideas are welcome too.
This would definitely add some variety. Maybe Deathmatch could be replaced by it?!
How about some cav component for 1st phase?

Overall a great idea! I like this! Smile
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
04.11.18 Leather Overmail
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
Yeah I ment cav only with sallying forth, edited
I think this is a perfect idea, especially for infantry chars. NI's play style always neglect infantry and I am sick of it. If this new game mode be implemented it would be great and we can have some real infantry action.

I also want to add my idea about a new game mode: Swadian Counter-Attack. It is simple, Nords defend a large base that consists of 10-15 sections each guarded by different kinds of bots from weakest to strongest. In certain sections dead players resurrect(like respawn waves). Our task is to advance to the furthest point and capture base, maybe kill the boss.
I know barricades will be useless. However their lack can be compensated with offensive equipments like ballistas, catapults, barrels that won't block the assist exp, grenade(?) etc. Maybe limited amount of those teleportation items assassins use?

I don't think this is possible but it has been my fantasy for a long time. xD
Less talking, more raiding!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYBHptwwOdU
(28-11-2017, 12:26 PM)Swaliant Wrote: I think this is a perfect idea, especially for infantry chars. NI's play style always neglect infantry and I am sick of it. If this new game mode implemented it would be great and we can have some real infantry action.

I also want to add my idea about a new game mode: Swadian Counter-Attack. It is simple, Nords defend a large base that consists of 10-15 sections each guarded by different kinds of bots from weakest to strongest. In certain sections dead players resurrect(like respawn waves). Our task is to advance to the furthest point and capture base, maybe kill the boss.
I know barricades will be useless. However their lack can be compensated with offensive equipments like ballistas, catapults, barrels that won't block the assist exp, grenade(?) etc. Maybe limited amount of those teleportation items assassins use?

There would be some limitations, but it should be possible.
26.08.15-Fang of Fenrir

[Image: NqiKO60.png]
When was the last time you where playing if "NI's play style always neglect infantry"?
Also sounds like a cool idea but I don't know if NI bots would be able to work for it
(28-11-2017, 04:34 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: When was the last time you where playing if "NI's play style always neglect infantry"?
Also sounds like a cool idea but I don't know if NI bots would be able to work for it

Actually I have been playing only with my ranged for months. I think the sit in the barricades and defend play style sometimes makes infantry useless. But it is the best way to defend so I don't really have any choice. Also sometimes they break in barricades or a wraith spawns. Those chaos moments are my favourite when I play with infantry. ;) I mean it is not that bad.
Less talking, more raiding!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYBHptwwOdU
(28-11-2017, 12:26 PM)Swaliant Wrote: I also want to add my idea about a new game mode: Swadian Counter-Attack. It is simple, Nords defend a large base that consists of 10-15 sections each guarded by different kinds of bots from weakest to strongest. In certain sections dead players resurrect(like respawn waves). Our task is to advance to the furthest point and capture base, maybe kill the boss.

Same.  Defending the same spots on different maps gets repetitive after a while and it would be exciting to lead the charge for a chance.

Good idea, Kaasovic.  I'm assuming you have some plans for the code already? Big Grin
(28-11-2017, 05:24 PM)Winter Wrote:
(28-11-2017, 12:26 PM)Swaliant Wrote: I also want to add my idea about a new game mode: Swadian Counter-Attack. It is simple, Nords defend a large base that consists of 10-15 sections each guarded by different kinds of bots from weakest to strongest. In certain sections dead players resurrect(like respawn waves). Our task is to advance to the furthest point and capture base, maybe kill the boss.

Same.  Defending the same spots on different maps gets repetitive after a while and it would be exciting to lead the charge for a chance.

Good idea, Kaasovic.  I'm assuming you have some plans for the code already? Big Grin

Halfway done.
Sounds great but complex. Hopefully it remains intuitive.
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]