Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: The Infantry Problem
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Infantry is OP
4.62%
3 4.62%
Infantry is above average
3.08%
2 3.08%
Infantry is fine as is
23.08%
15 23.08%
Infantry needs some small changes
24.62%
16 24.62%
Infantry is under powered
16.92%
11 16.92%
Infantry is just the worst
7.69%
5 7.69%
Wall Barricades are evil and should be removed
9.23%
6 9.23%
I do not care
10.77%
7 10.77%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Infantry Problem 2
Commando crafted has same stats as Xbow legendary which is the other tank class
Buffing Infantry for hard and rag also means buffing it on normal
As stands I can take 3-4 hits from top bots there and have taking 1 hit from Prince no shield a few times
I would end up playing god mode on normal instead of beginner
I don't think that's what you want and if it is then you won't get it
...seriously? atm the jug armour bonus is ~+17.6% hp. If rg got this bonus and jugs were bumped up to 36% is it going to make you OP in normal? will you still die to prince in 1/2 hits!
As for health regen, why would this be a better option than more hp? it seems like an unnecessary feature that doesn't accomplish anything better than a simple balance change.
[Image: b8ecae23634dacfd46af0f9d4412ff1d.png]
(29-11-2017, 04:03 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: Commando crafted has same stats as Xbow legendary which is the other tank class
Buffing Infantry for hard and rag also means buffing it on normal
As stands I can take 3-4 hits from top bots there and have taking 1 hit from Prince no shield a few times
I would end up playing god mode on normal instead of beginner
I don't think that's what you want and if it is then you won't get it

I don't see the problem with this at all. You are an inf hero, as I said before other classes have their own strengths. God mode would be taking no damage at all from all the enemies. As it is now you often instantly die to 2h enemies if you try to hit one as you get hit by multiple enemies at once in 1 swing.

(30-11-2017, 07:20 AM)TerrorBite Wrote: ...seriously? atm the jug armour bonus is ~+17.6% hp. If rg got this bonus and jugs were bumped up to 36% is it going to make you OP in normal? will you still die to prince in 1/2 hits!
As for health regen, why would this be a better option than more hp? it seems like an unnecessary feature that doesn't accomplish anything better than a simple balance change.

Even with imp - red, studded royal helm on, I died really quickly in some of the waves on my rg. Even on normal. Having a bit more hp wouldn't change much to this due to the rate at which the enemies hit you. The health regen combined with better armour or extra hp gives inf a better fighting chance vs the stronger nords. Now inf are almost forced to wait behind the cades or our shield untill most enemies have died unless there are multiple inf that can pull off a moving shield wall... this is becoming increasingly rare. It could be because inf classes are often getting the short end of the stick in pubs. I lost count of the times i missed out on bosses on my inf while shielding cuz players wouldn't heal or tome me back in.
SteamProfile
(29-11-2017, 04:03 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: Commando crafted has same stats as Xbow legendary which is the other tank class

I just love seeing those Xbow tanks running outside of cades tanking all the hits like infantry - the other tank class
Hey ; - )

[Image: Geralt]
Yes like me got the best XBOW armor ingame dying 2 - 3 hits on Hard but iam gonna tank that shit straight away^

Got 3 hitted by normal wave 10 Xbow mens but i tank that shit no problemo for me 

Sir Baron you should actually play that game before talking ty Smile
Legendary Loots :
12.02.2017 Plate over Leather
4.03.2018   Defender Boots

"WS is full of scrubs like Thunder" Eyleen
"It was a hot day and i was annoyed " Lord Montagu 
"You can buy 2 Twigs for one Valsgarde" Managarm
"Banterin stop killing you are making my score look stupid" Qrvishion
"Wait arent you PCK? lol" VLKA_Julia
leandero you're specifically talking about shielding, which is a little different, probably better to focus on one change at a time imo.
idk i guess its an interesting idea but do keep in mind how major this would be, and would affect all inf, not only shielders. It also wouldn't affect pavise shielders, so should crossbowmen also get this change? etc
[Image: b8ecae23634dacfd46af0f9d4412ff1d.png]
So I didn't play NI for several months (almost a year), only came back yesterday. It seems to me that the problem with infantry is still the same as it was a year ago. Wealthy ranged players + barricades simply make infantry classes useless. I bet the reason for this is the huge amount of super high tier gear that's available to most people nowadays. When I started playing 3 years ago most people I was playing with had just average equipment and normal cades which actually forced us to form a shield wall in order to survive. I do realise that there are a lot fewer people playing nowadays too. I'm pretty sure that resetting everything to 0 would fix everything that's wrong with this mod right now (I understand it's not going to happen Wink)

P.S. Fighting in a shield wall and the infantry action as a whole was the reason I loved this mod so much. Been playing Mount & Blade since 2008-2009, and I still haven't seen a mod that does that better than NI.

Edit:
Also in response to TerrorBite: Shielding can actually be great fun when done in a proper shield wall (around 5-6 players), and can feel more than epic. This obviously doesn't happen often any more.
Guess you haven't done a rag mode sense you came back Parvel
Any time pretty much that you try and kill Thor without shielding you wipe
Na Thunder I come on the forums and set up events that I have been know to get raged at for just because I don't play at all
Right now with Full Plate Knight Helm SoK and DWP I can kill up to Prince wave
If I can kill it with melee then I think that's OP
(30-11-2017, 01:00 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: Right now with Full Plate Knight Helm SoK and DWP I can kill up to Prince wave
If I can kill it with melee then I think that's OP

Pikeman/Archer with decent items can do normal to Prince easily. I'm pretty sure Warden with SS bow or MP with CTS is enough to do it, so I don't see the problem here.
Hey ; - )

[Image: Geralt]
Man, what is with all the salt? Please do remember that personal attacks do not make good arguments. If you want to make fun of people, please be tasteful and clever like Malong.