Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Should we separate the drop table?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Keep drops as they are
28.57%
12 28.57%
Separate drops so that only bosses give legendary items and only minions give materials
19.05%
8 19.05%
Keep random Nords dropping legendary items, but remove materials from bosses
50.00%
21 50.00%
Keep materials on bosses, but remove legendary items from random Nords
2.38%
1 2.38%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Separate Legendary and Material Drops
I am not a fan of receiving materials from bosses instead of legendary items.  I'd rather the minions of the wave have a higher drop rate than the boss be the one giving the materials.  Likewise, I'd prefer if only bosses dropped legendary items instead of having a random Nord in the middle of a mixed wave happen to drop something that could be easily missed or be confused with a material.

Does anyone else share these opinions?  Do you disagree?
i like the idea of random nords dropping legendarys its unexpected and nice. but i do agree with removing mat drops from bosses and higher rates for higher end waves.
Sun Pike -  26/11/17
Studded -  18/01/18
Ruptures - 19/2/18
Eastern Full Scale - 08/06/18
Malice - 05/06/2021
Gloves of Vidar - 01/07/21
I can not say anything about this. I have not lost the legend for a year and a half. Although I have 1400 hours in NI)))
10\12\2016 - Eastern Full Scale
26\02\2018 - Ironsong

Defender - 23 lvl
Attacker  - 28 lvl
Support   - 25 lvl

Pm me or add in steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/7271991
So things like idk any pike gear is not going to drop from a Nord that is a pike. Is the only pike boss w12 normal or I'm wrong and mist 1?

My point is I like to guess what drops what and with a full change I don't think I can guess that easy. Is that good or bad idk...

Edit guess Odin is a pike Nord lol.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(21-01-2018, 06:41 AM)Woody Wrote: So things like idk any pike gear is not going to drop from a Nord that is a pike. Is the only pike boss w12 normal or I'm wrong and mist 1?

My point is I like to guess what drops what and with a full change I don't think I can guess that easy. Is that good or bad idk...

Yeah lol

I also like it when drops come from a bot that makes sense.  The lack of bosses with polearms in the game does make this frustrating at times, as I don't want two bosses to be the only source for all of the Pikeman legendary items Tongue I wonder if this would be better solved by adding more alternate bosses with polearms or leaving the system as it is.  I'd like to start with the best possible system and add bots accordingly.
hmm thats kinda painful to read. why are you stating opinions without arguments or premises that lead you to them? i don't mean to induce negativity, but an illogical basis can easily make the mod worse.

Removing leg drops from normal troops would make people much more invested in when they're alive, and more emotional about dying during a boss kill over the current state.

Also when less players are on, it is more common to lose to bosses, and it could feel like the run was much less successful; as the last 3 waves may feel more like a waste. This happens very often on hard when the team wipes to a wraith or ragnar, and the only compensation was knowing that fimbuls can drop leg's, as well as waves 10 and 11.
[Image: b8ecae23634dacfd46af0f9d4412ff1d.png]
Ok, my 2 cents with which I will try to stay on topic...

There should be lower tier legendary items which drop from randoms. Not particularly fun items like pink,
but some with only slightly better stats like craftables, simply to higher variety and create a price segment
between high tier legendaries and craftables. Bosses imo only drop materials as there aren't enough coming
from in between the waves, so modifying the dropchances for materials accordingly and taking those away
from bosses is a step into the right direction.
Also it is pretty easy to see where the problems lay when taking a look at the auction hall which works like
a sensor for it. The higher the price, the scarser the mat drops for a certain material. If you compare it to the
crafting recipes, you get a clue whether it would make sense to adjust dropchances accordingly. When was the
last tome crafted, when the last barrel...?

Thank you, Winter! Since your "retiree" tag is gone, I finally have the feeling that things start moving again.
That is definitely a good thing! Smile
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
04.11.18 Leather Overmail
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
(21-01-2018, 07:28 AM)TerrorBite Wrote: hmm thats kinda painful to read. why are you stating opinions without arguments or premises that lead you to them? i don't mean to induce negativity, but an illogical basis can easily make the mod worse.

Removing leg drops from normal troops would make people much more invested in when they're alive, and more emotional about dying during a boss kill over the current state.

Also when less players are on, it is more common to lose to bosses, and it could feel like the run was much less successful; as the last 3 waves may feel more like a waste. This happens very often on hard when the team wipes to a wraith or ragnar, and the only compensation was knowing that fimbuls can drop leg's, as well as waves 10 and 11.

Because this is for gauging people's opinions on what makes the game fun for them and their reasons for liking different systems.  I don't need to give my explanation for what I like because I already know it.  I just want to know yours.

This is a thread to gather public opinion, not argue.

(21-01-2018, 07:30 AM)Green_Dragon Wrote: Also it is pretty easy to see where the problems lay when taking a look at the auction hall which works like
a sensor for it. The higher the price, the scarser the mat drops for a certain material. If you compare it to the
crafting recipes, you get a clue whether it would make sense to adjust dropchances accordingly. When was the
last tome crafted, when the last barrel...?

Thank you, Winter! Since your "retiree" tag is gone, I finally have the feeling that things start moving again.
That is definitely a good thing! Smile

These things are all being looked at very carefully right now.  Some small, temporary adjustments have just been applied, but you can expect better changes over time.

I am officially out of retirement as of yesterday.  The entire active Developer team is currently working on many projects that will hopefully make the game more enjoyable for everyone.
(21-01-2018, 06:45 AM)Winter Wrote:
(21-01-2018, 06:41 AM)Woody Wrote: So things like idk any pike gear is not going to drop from a Nord that is a pike. Is the only pike boss w12 normal or I'm wrong and mist 1?

Yeah lol

I also like it when drops come from a bot that makes sense.  The lack of bosses with polearms in the game does make this frustrating at times, as I don't want two bosses to be the only source for all of the Pikeman legendary items Tongue I wonder if this would be better solved by adding more alternate bosses with polearms or leaving the system as it is.  I'd like to start with the best possible system and add bots accordingly.

I'm, not the best at name's that I don't give a shit about but tyr and w3 boss on rag just about are the same thing. Would be cool if one had like Mangler or Thunder pike.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
Would be nice to remove mats from bosses but i will keep legendary items from minions , also i think that if we remove mats from bosses the chance of legendary drop of bosses  should be increased so for balance the drop chance of minions should be lowered
Legendary loots:
Sun Pike 02/01/2015
Ancient Great Sword 27/08/2015
Mjolnir 03/03/2018
Dead Shot 30/05/2018
Defender Boots 14/02/2021