Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Should we separate the drop table?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Keep drops as they are
28.57%
12 28.57%
Separate drops so that only bosses give legendary items and only minions give materials
19.05%
8 19.05%
Keep random Nords dropping legendary items, but remove materials from bosses
50.00%
21 50.00%
Keep materials on bosses, but remove legendary items from random Nords
2.38%
1 2.38%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Separate Legendary and Material Drops
As for bosses dropping mats, I'd say it all depends on if we remove the mats loots, will legendary come instead? I mean when you see "you found 5 x HM" will you see "you found some legendary"? It seems to me as the mats loots look much more common and more than one person loots at the same occurrence that there are separate drop chances for legendaries and mats from bosses. So removing mats loots from bosses will not change anything about chance to loot a legendary.
If this is the way, I'd leave the mats drops s they are, it is always nice to get some HMs compared to getting nothing.

As for the bots dropping legendaries, why remove this actually?
(21-01-2018, 08:01 AM)Bobo Wrote: As for the bots dropping legendaries, why remove this actually?

Well if they take away the chance to loot from bots i would hope they make the chance to loot from boss's more so. Why have 1 bot for 3 waves being the only thing that drops any thing. I would say people would be alive more offetn for drops than vs atm. To add it just makes sense to me that the boss drops the good stuff and the bots drop the mats.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(21-01-2018, 08:01 AM)Bobo Wrote: As for bosses dropping mats, I'd say it all depends on if we remove the mats loots, will legendary come instead? I mean when you see "you found 5 x HM" will you see "you found some legendary"? It seems to me as the mats loots look much more common and more than one person loots at the same occurrence that there are separate drop chances for legendaries and mats from bosses. So removing mats loots from bosses will not change anything about chance to loot a legendary.
If this is the way, I'd leave the mats drops s they are, it is always nice to get some HMs compared to getting nothing.

As for the bots dropping legendaries, why remove this actually?

The idea is for the material drop rates of the minions to go up to compensate for this boss not dropping materials anymore.  This will not affect the chance of getting a legendary, you are correct.  However, this will save people from thinking they got loot from a boss when they did not, and it will mean that Nords like Nord Veteran Pikeman can have a higher loot rate on lower waves because we don't have to worry about the fact that Ragnar can drop 30+ Hardened Metal into the economy in one go.

I'd personally prefer a boss drop a legendary more often than have random Nords continue rarely dropping a legendary, that way beating a boss feels like more of an achievement.  The focus is not to change the rate of loot, but rather to change where it comes from to better fit the gaming experience people are looking for.  Some people prefer if weapons and armor only drop from the strongest enemies and bosses don't waste your time with materials that you could get elsewhere, others prefer as it is or some combination of the two.

This is very much an opinion based topic, hence why I didn't start off with a large explanation and chose to let the community give their reasons first.  If it was easily decided logically, it would be discussed among the Developers and decided without requiring community input.
I must admit I loved the times where we tried to kill every single sniper without a barrel whilst keeping everyone alive to guarantee the highest possible chance for a hurricane. I liked that and I think legendaries should be dropped by minions too and furthermore they should be special to some minions. Because those days were extremely challenging and fun.
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]
(21-01-2018, 10:39 AM)Jalau Wrote: I must admit I loved the times were we tried to kill every single sniper without a barrel whilst keeping everyone alive to guarantee the highest possible chance for a hurricane. I liked that and I think legendaries should be dropped by minions too and furthermore they should be special to some minions. Because those days were extremely challenging and fun.

That's a good and fair point and it actually goes into the direction too, I tried to point out.
As a Hurricane is no longer the best bow in game, it could still drop from an Einherjar Sniper
with a dropchance that at least creates one drop in a month or so. I must admit I'm a bit
biased here as I'd love being able to afford one, but in general I think it would be a moti-
vational thing to have in addition to mat drops that bring back crafting as it was once planned
to be a vital part of NI I guess.
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
04.11.18 Leather Overmail
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
(21-01-2018, 11:04 AM)Green_Dragon Wrote:
(21-01-2018, 10:39 AM)Jalau Wrote: I must admit I loved the times were we tried to kill every single sniper without a barrel whilst keeping everyone alive to guarantee the highest possible chance for a hurricane. I liked that and I think legendaries should be dropped by minions too and furthermore they should be special to some minions. Because those days were extremely challenging and fun.

That's a good and fair point and it actually goes into the direction too, I tried to point out.
As a Hurricane is no longer the best bow in game, it could still drop from an Einherjar Sniper
with a dropchance that at least creates one drop in a month or so. I must admit I'm a bit
biased here as I'd love being able to afford one, but in general I think it would be a moti-
vational thing to have in addition to mat drops that bring back crafting as it was once planned
to be a vital part of NI I guess.

Yes. It was just fun to farm specific mobs to get their drops. If those were removed we would "only" play the game for the bosses which would be quite boring compared to before. Maybe even let some minions drop strong stuff again so that it is even more exiting to fight against those special waves.
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]
OK so something that I don't know think has come up is cav
Would this happen there as well?
Though come to think of it the only legendarys that have dropped there I think are from bosses

If you count cav as a mode here then it adds 10 bosses
First of all: welcome back Winter!

OT: I voted for the third option, paired with a slight increase of material drops from the regular nords that would be great. It is quite annoying to see text after a boss and then see it is a material drop instead of a legendary.

(21-01-2018, 01:14 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: OK so something that I don't know think has come up is cav
Though come to think of it the only legendarys that have dropped there I think are from bosses

Some of them have dropped from the horses of bosses but technically that is still a boss I gues.
SteamProfile
(21-01-2018, 12:57 PM)Jalau Wrote: Yes. It was just fun to farm specific mobs to get their drops. If those were removed we would "only" play the game for the bosses which would be quite boring compared to before. Maybe even let some minions drop strong stuff again so that it is even more exiting to fight against those special waves.
+1
It's a great feeling knowing any of the nords, or at least every wave is capable of dropping you a legendary.
[Image: b8ecae23634dacfd46af0f9d4412ff1d.png]
(21-01-2018, 01:20 PM)Leandero Wrote:
(21-01-2018, 01:14 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: OK so something that I don't know think has come up is cav

Some of them have dropped from the horses off bosses but technically that is still a boss I gues.

Yeah I tended to count them as the same