Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Woody v Malong: The Great Calendar Debate
(21-01-2018, 11:08 PM)Marius Wrote: I am pretty sure most people would warned you, if u were putting anything about it in your original post. (at least I would for sure)
It's your mistake, and you punish others for it.

I believe, bans for this event should be removed because of misunderstanding and for the future events write all rules possible to make the event more splended, I am pretty bad at reading people's mind Sad

Most people did warn me as it stands. The people banned are in the minority. Some of those minority have been understanding enough to even apologize for being inconsiderate instead of being mad about the punishment.

It was your mistake to sign up for everything but not show up, hence all of the people in the tournament were punished for it when we spent time fixing it and changing the set up. You are now banned from the next tournament for it.

By the way, you will find that it is in the rules for ALL Official Events: http://wiki.nordinvasion.com/doku.php?id...ial_events
A link is stickied at the top of the Official Events section. The fact that some coordinators have been lax in the past does not mean the rule does not exist.
(21-01-2018, 11:14 PM)Winter Wrote:
(21-01-2018, 11:08 PM)Marius Wrote: I am pretty sure most people would warned you, if u were putting anything about it in your original post. (at least I would for sure)
It's your mistake, and you punish others for it.

I believe, bans for this event should be removed because of misunderstanding and for the future events write all rules possible to make the event more splended, I am pretty bad at reading people's mind Sad

Most people did warn me as it stands. The people banned are in the minority. Some of those minority have been understanding enough to even apologize for being inconsiderate instead of being mad about the punishment.

It was your mistake to sign up for everything but not show up, hence all of the people in the tournament were punished for it when we spent time fixing it and changing the set up. You are now banned from the next tournament for it.

By the way, you will find that it is in the rules for ALL Official Events: http://wiki.nordinvasion.com/doku.php?id...ial_events
A link is stickied at the top of the Official Events section. The fact that some coordinators have been lax in the past does not mean the rule does not exist.
Well thank you for showing rules, which should be added, I believe, to the event to make it more splendid.
For the record, I am really not mad and if I am not the one who did a mistake I shouldn't apologize.

Punishments

If you disrespect any of the rules, you will receive 1 ban point
For disrespecting rules 2 events in a row, you will get 1 bonus ban point
For disrespecting rules 3 events in a row, you will get 2 bonus ban points
For disrespecting rules 4 events in a row, you will get 4 bonus ban points
For disrespecting rules 5 events in a row, you will get 10 bonus ban points
For following all the rules 3 events in a row, you will lose 1 ban point
If you get 3 ban points, you will receive a warning PM from the Official Event Coordinator
If you get 5 ban points, you will receive a warning PM from the Official Event Coordinator and a 1 month ban from official events
For every 5 additional ban points, you will get banned for another month

I see that I broke one rule once, so I should recive one ban point and you just straight banned me.
(21-01-2018, 11:27 PM)Marius Wrote: Well thank you for showing rules, which should be added, I believe, to the event to make it more splendid.
For the record, I am really not mad and if I am not the one who did a mistake I shouldn't apologize.

Punishments

If you get 3 ban points, you will receive a warning PM from the Official Event Coordinator
If you get 5 ban points, you will receive a warning PM from the Official Event Coordinator and a 1 month ban from official events

I see that I broke one rule once, so I should recive one ban point and just straight banned me.

The Swadian New Year Tournament was less a single event and more a composite of several events with different participants throughout put together for one reward pool.  The typical event is one day and lasts anywhere from 40 minutes to three hours.  It wouldn't really be fair to offer the same punishment for doing this for a short, single day event as opposed to an event that lasts 3 times longer each day for multiple days.  We could easily separate this event into one separate event for each day, in which you would get one ban point per day, plus 2 bonus ban points for disrespecting the rules 3 events in a row, meaning 5 ban points, enough for a ban.  Alternatively, it could even be separated into NA vs EU events, meaning it is 6 events and 6 ban points, plus 10 bonus ban points.  If we wanted to be very nitpicky, we could even say that each individual bracket is an event in which case you missed 18 events, giving you a whopping 28 ban points once we add the 10 bonus ban points.  If you would like, I could give you a full 28 ban points...

Or you could just admit that you broke the rules and are being punished for it and move on.
(21-01-2018, 11:34 PM)Winter Wrote:
(21-01-2018, 11:27 PM)Marius Wrote: Well thank you for showing rules, which should be added, I believe, to the event to make it more splendid.

Punishments

I see that I broke one rule once, so I should recive one ban point and just straight banned me.

The Swadian New Year Tournament was less a single event and more a composite of several events with different participants throughout put together for one reward pool.  The typical event is one day and lasts anywhere from 40 minutes to three hours.  It wouldn't really be fair to offer the same punishment for doing this for a short, single day event as opposed to an event that lasts 3 times longer each day for multiple days.  We could easily separate this event into one separate event for each day, in which you would get one ban point per day, plus 2 bonus ban points for disrespecting the rules 3 events in a row, meaning 5 ban points, enough for a ban.  Alternatively, it could even be separated into NA vs EU events, meaning it is 6 events and 6 ban points, plus 10 bonus ban points.  If we wanted to be very nitpicky, we could even say that each individual bracket is an event in which case you missed 18 events, giving you a whopping 28 ban points once we add the 10 bonus ban points.  If you would like, I could give you a full 28 ban points...

Or you could just admit that you broke the rules and are being punished for it and move on.

Well you can't just simple manipulate the word event. You are just interpretating the rules according to yourself. If event = tournament, then the same rules apply, if event =/= tournament, that means these rules doesn't apply and also means there are no rules, which says anything about not showing up and warning.

I think these rules are fair and could work for this, I didnt show to EU and NA tournaments so that means I should deserve 2 ban points.

38points.... cmon you can't just simply get that from not showing and also it says from getting 3 points I should be getting an official warning, which I didn't get, if u would want to go on with these ridiculous 38 points thing.

I am most definitely not going to admit anything because you just created your own rules in the middle of nowhere to compensate your mistake.

In addition, I think that banning is too much. At least give a warning for next time. It's just not fair even if you ignore what I said above.

It would be the best if someone with authority could look at this situation and give his word.
(22-01-2018, 12:00 AM)Marius Wrote: Well you can't just simple manipulate the word event. You are just interpretating the rules according to yourself. If event = tournament, then the same rules apply, if event =/= tournament, that means these rules doesn't apply and also means there are no rules, which says anything about not showing up and warning.

I think these rules are fair and could work for this, I didnt show to EU and NA tournaments so that means I should deserve 2 ban points.

38points.... cmon you can't just simply get that from not showing and also it says from getting 3 points I should be getting an official warning, which I didn't get, if u would want to go on with these ridiculous 38 points thing.

I am most definitely not going to admit anything because you just created your own rules in the middle of nowhere to compensate your mistake.

In addition, I think that banning is too much. At least give a warning for next time. It's just not fair even if you ignore what I said above.

It would be the best if someone with authority could look at this situation and give his word.

The Tournament was posted in the Official Events section because it is an Official Event...  The fact that it is also a tournament does not change that.  Are all of the other Official Events that do not contain "Official Event" in the title also exempt from the Official Event rules?

The rule was always there, I did not create it.

It appears you have made your decision.  You now have a 6 month Official Event ban.  Continue arguing and a mute will be added.

PS
(21-01-2018, 10:55 PM)Marius Wrote: I checked the even[t] thread 
(22-01-2018, 12:00 AM)Marius Wrote: Well you can't just simple manipulate the word event. . . If event = tournament, then the same rules apply, if event =/= tournament, that means these rules doesn't apply and also means there are no rules, which says anything about not showing up and warning.
(22-01-2018, 12:00 AM)Marius Wrote: It would be the best if someone with authority could look at this situation and give his word.

Winter - Developer.........
Map Thread
[Image: 76561198038983603.png]
Bane of the Germans
Email: midren@nordinvasion.com
2015-07-14 Knight Helmet
2015-08-01 Gothic Plate
2017-12-08 Black Arrows
2018-05-25 Tempest
2019-09-01 Dragon Spear
By replying I am stating that I am not arguing anymore here, because I don't want a mute. This is just a post.

It's a bit unexpected to me to be punished for the arguing, even if I think there is a ground for that. I guess I need to be more careful what I am saying in the future. I want to say that I am not mad at anyone, I wish you all best of luck.

(22-01-2018, 12:48 AM)Midren Wrote:
(22-01-2018, 12:00 AM)Marius Wrote: It would be the best if someone with authority could look at this situation and give his word.

Winter - Developer.........

I meant another developers opinion by saying that.