Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Woody v Malong: The Great Calendar Debate
(21-01-2018, 06:46 AM)Malong Wrote: Holy... This is why I typed "humanity would be better served if people instead spent their time analyzing thought processes and modeling the behavior that leads to correct conclusions."

1. Nice calendar of November 21 to December 7 instead of December 21 to January 5.
  2. Did it not strike you as odd that the days of the week did not line up with the previous post (Thursday, 12/21 to Friday, 1/5)?
  3. Did it not strike you as odd that the last day of December had 30 days in it?
  4. Did it not strike you as odd that both years of the months in the calendar screenshot say 2017 when this event was about the start of a new year?
  5. Do you really think the last day of a month ends a calendar week when it does not lie on a Saturday? Or the first day of a month is a different week from the previous day when it doesn't start on a Sunday?
This is also why I typed "This just digs you into deeper holes, with worse ways to get out."

I've been sitting here staring at the computer screen with my jaw completely dropped while typing this entire post. I've really never seen anything like this. Are you concussed? I can't think of any other explanation.

So you saying have never made a mistake on the internet or just normal life because of.

A. You being very tired as of working all day
B. Having some alcohol in your system
C. Not giving a fuck about what people think as of (2) or not even

Really you're making this into a bigger deal than it needs to be but I will be happy to ask any question's you have.

(1) This is also why I typed "This just digs you into deeper holes, with worse ways to get out." 

From my point of view, I'm just defended my self. If anyone could be in my place at that time most people would fail a lot harder than I did. 

(2)Are you concussed?

Ahaha... Can't blame you for thinking that I guess but to remind you or just tell you. Having dyslexia + alcohol +  the internet + being very tired as of working that day from 8am-6pm = In a fucking mess. Trust me on this there are things I could of said at times that would put my self and others in so much trouble... Really small error's of misspelling words and having the grammar of a 6 year old is nothing... I can take all the crap from 12 year olds that think they know better than me because they can put a sentence together in a cleaner way. (not talking to you but some people... fuck it's just more funny than sad) Having dyslexia is a curse... but that does not mean I'm retarded. There are things that dyslexia does help with eg Art, ... and not all of that stuff is "hands on"it been tested on me at a very young age I can problem solve and find ways to do things that most people don't think of whether that be easier way or a harder way that depended on the appalachian.

(3) This one is something I want to guess you may ask or least think. Why use the forum.

That will be explained at a later date as I would love for this to go on for abt longer Tongue. Sorry my little guinea pig or as Barron would say teacher I cant tell you yet but maybe in idk 1/2 of a year or should I call that 500 weeks just to grind your gears even more?

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(21-01-2018, 07:31 AM)Woody Wrote: So you saying have never made a mistake on the internet or just normal life because of.

A. You being very tired as of working all day
B. Having some alcohol in your system
C. Not giving a fuck about what people think as of (2) or not even

Of course I've made mistakes, but I handled it very differently. This is the first time you've explicitly called this a mistake, by the way. You could have done this a long time ago but tried to cover it up and made more mistakes along the way. Also, you still can't just admit to the mistake without some disclaimer trying to rationalize or absolve yourself of responsibility.

(21-01-2018, 07:31 AM)Woody Wrote: (1) This is also why I typed "This just digs you into deeper holes, with worse ways to get out." 

From my point of view, I'm just defended my self. If anyone could be in my place at that time most people would fail a lot harder than I did. 

That's the fundamental problem here. You're defending yourself in a situation where you're objectively incorrect: 15 days can never span 4 weeks of a Gregorian calendar. That's why you're getting into deeper holes. You're explaining your thought process for a conclusion that can never be correct. Again, you could have avoided all of this with something to the effect of "You're right, it was 15 days and not 3-4 weeks. But it is still difficult for people to know what they will be doing 15 days in advance, especially during the holiday season."

(21-01-2018, 07:31 AM)Woody Wrote: Having dyslexia + alcohol +  the internet + being very tired as of working that day from 8am-6pm = In a fucking mess. Trust me on this there are things I could of said at times that would put my self and others in so much trouble... Really small error's of misspelling words and having the grammar of a 6 year old is nothing... I can take all the crap from 12 year olds that think they know better than me because they can put a sentence together in a cleaner way. (not talking to you but some people... fuck it's just more funny than sad) Having dyslexia is a curse... but that does not mean I'm retarded. There are things that dyslexia does help with eg Art, ... and not all of that stuff is "hands on"it been tested on me at a very young age I can problem solve and find ways to do things that most people don't think of whether that be easier way or a harder way that depended on the appalachian.

Does dyslexia help or hurt with: primary school math? counting lines on a calendar? using relevant evidence (i.e. a calendar showing December and January instead of November and December)? What was the point of this tangent other than to try to absolve yourself of this mistake again?
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
Strange as posts were deleted so I can't see if I just made a mistake in saying i was wrong but I'm sure I said something like this. "That's not the point". Implying that I knew I was wrong but I didn't even care since it's just a number? If you want to continue shitposting I can do so.

I know I'm incorrect so you're almost looking more like an idiot than me for over explaining why I'm wrong. You could of just said you ment (X) days. For my last(s) posts I been saying how I could think like that under certain conditions but normally I don't that should be obvious.

Its common for people that have dyslexia to skip lines in a book so I guess with the factors I had at the time I guess I could be lowered to that lvl. Sad to say but ye... However that was not the reason why I did it like I said before it was a matter of being in a mood of not giving a fuck about easy math so I had a guess by looking at the calendar for less than 2sec. If you need me to explain why just 2sec and no math.. Just this post took me about 48 minutes to type so spending any more time on a post then I need to is very important to me. The basic math that I'd expect is 7 year old to be able to do so I would expect everyone on this forum to be able to do it. Meaning that I didn't need to be perfect for my point to be made.

If you are intrusted I have a video about dyslexia from someone I'm sure you probably heard of and no I don't have the math one he said. --> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bBD_LTPjYVQ  

It may give you a hint about what I said in my last post but I will leave that a mystery for most people just a bit longer :p

(21-01-2018, 03:28 PM)Woody Wrote: Strange as posts were deleted so I can't see if I just made a mistake in saying i was wrong but I'm sure I said something like this. "That's not the point". Implying that I knew I was wrong but I didn't even care since it's just a number? If you want to continue shitposting I can do so.

No posts were deleted. They were moved from the other thread to this one. But when you try to excuse your behavior or write "just a number" off as pedantry, you're excusing the mistake altogether.

As for "shitposting," when have I done this? I responded to your claims with objective facts and reasoning.

(21-01-2018, 03:28 PM)Woody Wrote: I know I'm incorrect so you're almost looking more like an idiot than me for over explaining why I'm wrong. You could of just said you ment (X) days. For my last(s) posts I been saying how I could think like that under certain conditions but normally I don't that should be obvious.

You know, I spent multiple posts not insulting you despite your elementary mistake, but you result to ad hominem attacks. Someone looks like an idiot for being correct? Come on, be better than that.

Also, I did "just [typed] [you] me[a]nt (X) days." You can see this by scrolling:

(08-01-2018, 04:39 PM)Malong Wrote: You signed up two weeks and one day prior to the start. And the event dates are in the OP.

(21-01-2018, 03:28 PM)Woody Wrote: Its common for people that have dyslexia to skip lines in a book so I guess with the factors I had at the time I guess I could be lowered to that lvl. Sad to say but ye... However that was not the reason why I did it like I said before it was a matter of being in a mood of not giving a fuck about easy math so I had a guess by looking at the calendar for less than 2sec. If you need me to explain why just 2sec and no math.. Just this post took me about 48 minutes to type so spending any more time on a post then I need to is very important to me. The basic math that I'd expect is 7 year old to be able to do so I would expect everyone on this forum to be able to do it. Meaning that I didn't need to be perfect for my point to be made.

If you are intrusted I have a video about dyslexia from someone I'm sure you probably heard of and no I don't have the math one he said. --> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bBD_LTPjYVQ  

It may give you a hint about what I said in my last post but I will leave that a mystery for most people just a bit longer :p

If you "skip[ped] lines of a [calendar]" you would have underestimated the number of weeks instead of overestimating the number of weeks. Instead you "[inserted a] line of a [calendar]" to turn a span of 3 weeks into 4. You see that this the opposite behavior and this cited evidence doesn't support what happened in this instance, right?

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Nope sorry to say you don't get it. I've been pm by some people on both sides. Some think this funny as it's dragging on for this long because you can't believe it. Others think I should of stopped because I made my point on my 1st post.

What to shit post even more I can do so I have the time?

(21-01-2018, 05:13 PM)Woody Wrote: Nope sorry to say you don't get it. I've been pm by some people on both sides. Some think this funny as it's dragging on for this long because you can't believe it. Others think I should of stopped because I made my point on my 1st post.

What to shit post even more I can do so I have the time?

Likewise, some messages I've received from four people in the last 4 hours:

But all of this is beside the point. This is an objective matter, and not something that's settled by popular demand. You were wrong, doubled down on being wrong, have changed your story multiple times, and are trying to deflect attention away from yourself.

Do you want to give it a seventh try?

Moved posts, this discussion has outgrown the previous thread.
By seeing this post, I checked the even thread and it looks like my name is on the ban list lol, it's even not on the OP of the event. I personally thought that it doesn't affect me if I don't say anything anout my not coming and I read everything what I could to make sure it wouldn't affect. If I missed something before signing, then I apologize but if truly there were no info nowhere about that, then it's really really poor organisation and the ban I got is truly underserved :/ . At least write the banned persons on the original post.
(21-01-2018, 10:55 PM)Marius Wrote: there were no info nowhere about that, then it's really really poor organisation and the ban I got is truly underserved :/ . At least write the banned persons on the original post.

It wasn't expected for anyone (or several people, as it turned out) to be inconsiderate enough to sign up for every event, get put into the brackets, and then not show up to any of them without saying anything.  These things should go without saying... if you are going to sign up for everything, please at least show up to something or say something.
(21-01-2018, 11:00 PM)Winter Wrote:
(21-01-2018, 10:55 PM)Marius Wrote: there were no info nowhere about that, then it's really really poor organisation and the ban I got is truly underserved :/ . At least write the banned persons on the original post.

It wasn't expected for anyone (or several people, as it turned out) to be inconsiderate enough to sign up for every event, get put into the brackets, and then not show up to any of them without saying anything.  These things should go without saying... if you are going to sign up for everything, please at least show up to something or say something.

should or should not rules are rules, Winter.
I am pretty sure most people would warned you, if u were putting anything about it in your original post. (at least I would for sure)
It's your mistake, and you punish others for it.

I believe, bans for this event should be removed because of misunderstanding and for the future events write all rules possible to make the event more splended, I am pretty bad at reading people's mind Sad