Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Rollback Incoming
(30-01-2012, 09:58 PM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote: I guess it was inevitable ... Many people (me included) got 4-5 levels at the same time due to the issues with the database. That wouldn't be fair for people who didn't play or played and couldn't get that little incident. We want to keep the game fair for everyone, and not giving special treatments for the "lucky" ones who happened to get that "bonus". In a fair spirit of play and adjustments, let's embrace that rollback and work harder and deserve what we worked hard for Smile
+1 i completely agree with you
COURAGE: do one brave thing then run like hell

Long Live The Order Of The Scarlet Blade's
PK_Friewulf_shielder
(30-01-2012, 10:04 PM)Sardac link Wrote: Punish the bugusing people who ruined the economy, not everyone!
dont you think thats abit hard if mostly everyone has done it maybe not even knowing thats why its best to just rollback to before the update and have it sorted it not like whatever you had had you cant get back and you never know the devs seeing that alot of people are going to lose some hard earned items might change some of the drop rate for them items for a certain period of time as a condolence if they dont simple thing is
get out there and slay them nords  ;D

PK_Friewulf_shielder
Will I loose all my character stats? If so what point will it be restored to? I spent all of Saturday and Sunday grinding for Heavy Longbowman, at least 12 hours. If so I will not be playing this mod again.
Let's say we don't do a rollback, and people who made so much gold can now afford anything , but you can't .. you'd complain it's not fair , right ?

We try to resolve that in a fair way, and it's a beta mod. World of Warcraft couldn't do such thing because people are paying to play that game. It's really about keeping the game fair for everyone, and not just let the "lucky" ones get away with it. It would be really hard (and pointless) to try to find out who did what and when. I rather have a roll-ball , lose my 4 levels I made, lose all the mats, and be at the point I was before the patch and still be equal to others, than letting things as they are and see a huge difference between rich players and people who couldn't play yesterday. It would ruin the whole economy just for the benefit of a few players ?

It does suck, but look at the bigger picture. People keep telling me about weapons they bought and now won't have it anymore... well that weapon at that cheap price wouldn't have been there without that issue, or they wouldn't have had the gold to buy it. If there were better solutions, they would have been reviewed and picked, but so far, I think they picked the best one.
(30-01-2012, 10:11 PM)Stray link Wrote: Will I loose all my character stats? I spent all of Saturday and Sunday grinding for Heavy Longbowman, at least 12 hours. If so I will not be playing this mod again.

I feel the same way, I spent a lot of time this weekend grinding, all for not. I wouldn't mind some sort of in game compensation for the devs for all that time spent grinding that's now plainly wasted. Nothing much but I could have reached commando by this time and now it's like all the time spent grinding this weekend was completely wasted. It'd be nice to know that my time isn't completely disregarded.

I understand the devs can't give everyone a free grinder helmet or anything that big, but maybe some extra xp might work? Just a thought.
(30-01-2012, 10:11 PM)Stray link Wrote: Will I loose all my character stats? If so what point will it be restored to? I spent all of Saturday and Sunday grinding for Heavy Longbowman, at least 12 hours. If so I will not be playing this mod again.
dont quote me on this but i would have thought it would be when the update came out anything after that i would have thought

PK_Friewulf_shielder
That means I am going to lose my new grinder helmet and my 3000x Heavy Throwing Axes?  Wink
basicly in short yeah lol but work hard you will get them 3000x heavies back

PK_Friewulf_shielder
I wasted away most of my day grinding out a bunch of levels and gold to get my new class and equipment, but based on the scope of the DB issues a DB rollback is the best solution in my opinion. Too many far reaching effects to try to cherry pick and track down every result of the mistakes made with the DB.

That said I'd still love to know when the rollback will be done so I can can get back on a server and start regaining the rolled back exp and gold Big Grin.
(30-01-2012, 10:26 PM)ChubbyPitbull link Wrote: I wasted away most of my day grinding out a bunch of levels and gold to get my new class and equipment, but based on the scope of the DB issues a DB rollback is the best solution in my opinion. Too many far reaching effects to try to cherry pick and track down every result of the mistakes made with the DB.

That said I'd still love to know when the rollback will be done so I can can get back on a server and start regaining the rolled back exp and gold Big Grin.

I full agree with Chubby Pitbull. +1 for you, chap!
[Image: wbM3H.png]