NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: WS_Journeyman_Jon: unban request.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'll be honest, it was a complete surprise to find myself banned, and I really don't know why that is...at the very least could an admin or a developer tell me the reason why? I'm almost certain this is a mistake.

Oh and all my accounts have been banned.

Edit:

Turns it's probably something to do with Fortress under Swadia lastnight (Should've probably realised as half the players who were there are now in this forum.)

I'm not going to do the same as everyone else and beg/grovel for forgiveness, at the very least I'd like to give my opinion on it.

For most of the waves I was required to shield the gap(and therefore I was obviously in reach of the melee bots, so why I was banned is something spectacular.) and the cades in question had to be replaced several times, proving that the bots can of course damage them. As for the Ragnar wave, i can't deny that he did perform...poorly and it wasn't particularly scary or challenging...however what can't be denied is that he did destroy two of the short heavies that were there, leaving only a regular cade, had he destroyed this, he'd have been up those stairs and killed us all.

I think it's also important to note the huge amount of staggering he was taking due to our ranged in the tower( which probably comprised over half the team) this also reduced the damage he could do to the cades. It's my belief that if the new low wall that was introduced to the map (hard to describe but I'm sure you know what I'm taking about) was removed it would prevent the bots from having such a hard time navigating around.

All that being said, I enjoy this mod immensely and have put a lot of time into it, hence why I donated because I felt it deserved my support. The final decision is of course yours...but it seems a bit harsh to ban every one of my accounts for what was essentially 70k assist exp and a lump of lead (No one got anything legendary).

Just my two cents on the whole thing.

Thanks.

Edit:

Having spoken to some members of my house, it seems it may be my response isn't...acceptable, I'm sorry if it seems this way, In my eyes it didn't seem as though I was glitching...HOWEVER i didn't make the mod, haven't spent a a lot of time, effort and money developing it...and I didn't make the rules...so it's not my right to decide what's right and wrong...and i apologise for that, I didn't mean to come across as arrogant, just a bit of self-righteousness on my part.

I also realised that i did profit from the events of that night and in the back of mind I was thinking it was perhaps a bit too 'easy' and mabye we were taking advantage of the situation and the bot AI as opposed to out right glitching I.e on a roof or something.

In the future I'll be sure to leave the server if I ever get feeling that perhaps it's all a bit too easy or that we're taking advantage of something, I've learnt my lesson in this regard and I apologise for any offense I may or may not have caused.

With all that said, I'd like to formally request an unban, if you see fit, thank you.

(i realise, again, I don't have the right to ask this...but is there any chance if i do get unbanned that you won't rollback any of my exp? I ask because I'd only had my Hero class for about a day before I got banned, I hate to have to get all money together again, perhaps there's something else you could do? If not I fully understand and I'll take the exp hit.)
25% Reset. Unban.