NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Drop chance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I haven't found any topic like this one so here I write.

For few days I'm asking myself a simple question: is the chance of a drop the same if I stand near a bot-killer as if I would kill the bot myself?

Cheers
Yes. Everyone within the assist xp range has the same chance of receiving a drop.
Yes.

There is no double chance. There is only one chance for a drop. Anyone in assist xp range of the player killing the bot has the chance of that drop.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch.
Also if you didnt know soloing gets you better drops. Say a vet pike drops 1xhardened metal at 1% with a full server its split by 16 or all the rest alive. Solo its not and increases your chances by a lot.

Sunguard_Leader_Suns

i solo a lot get a HUGE amount of stuff from hard and normal i recommend it. id say chances increase by 60%
Please bare in mind the chance of a bot dropping something is exactly the same during kiting. It is just during kiting if you are the only person alive or within xp range, and if the percentage comes up successful and the bot drops something, it is you that will get the drop. As opposed to being on a full server where all people alive and in assist xp range have the chance of getting that drop.
(19-08-2013, 03:41 AM)Ragnash link Wrote:Please bare in mind the chance of a bot dropping something is exactly the same during kiting. It is just during kiting if you are the only person alive or within xp range, and if the percentage comes up successful and the bot drops something, it is you that will get the drop. As opposed to being on a full server where all people alive and in assist xp range have the chance of getting that drop.
Wait, so if a bot (for example) drops one old boot, then that boot is randomly given to someone within assist range? So if ten people would be in range, everyone would have a 1/10th chance of it actually dropping something for him? :o
I thought it was calculated by how many players were in the server, and that the droprate would decrease with more people in.
(19-08-2013, 08:58 AM)Maroon link Wrote:[quote author=Ragnash link=topic=17050.msg133606#msg133606 date=1376883694]
Please bare in mind the chance of a bot dropping something is exactly the same during kiting. It is just during kiting if you are the only person alive or within xp range, and if the percentage comes up successful and the bot drops something, it is you that will get the drop. As opposed to being on a full server where all people alive and in assist xp range have the chance of getting that drop.
Wait, so if a bot (for example) drops one old boot, then that boot is randomly given to someone within assist range? So if ten people would be in range, everyone would have a 1/10th chance of it actually dropping something for him? :o
I thought it was calculated by how many players were in the server, and that the droprate would decrease with more people in.
[/quote]

Yes, your first sentence is correct. The calculation for the chance of a bot dropping something is worked out when it dies. If it is successful, then there is a calculation for who gets it based on who is in assist xp range.

Essentially the more nords that die, the more chances there are of drops. The only reason people kite or solo is to ensure they get the drops themselves.
Got a question:
Someone told me the drop Chance of Wave-Boss:
on Normal (0,05%)
Hard(0,1%)
Ragnarok(0,2%)
is that right?
Only some of the devs know the actual chance of dropping, so unless you got it from one of them, it's most likely wrong.
Pages: 1 2