NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Grammar Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
OK, time for the discussion to end. Here's why >>http://www.wimp.com/godwinslaw/<<

The best part is, I watched this just today before this was post was posted.
That's great honey, but we're not having an argument.
I was kidding.
I would like to subscribe to the project, English grammar is my weak point, as a french speaker, i'm pretty bad, grammar nazy hurts me please  Big Grin

(Note, that I also participate to this project : http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...l#msg18013)
(25-03-2012, 11:54 PM)Blondin link Wrote: [ -> ]...grammar nazy hurts me please  Big Grin

Are you asking the grammar Nazi to hurt you?
Yes i've been bad Wink

Without joke, i'm open to any correction.
I guess the first would be, capitalize your "I's more. Meaning, "I've," "I'm," "I'll," and "I".
I guess I should take classes here too. I'm a French grammar Nazi, with my friend so I guess it won't harm me!

(goddam... those ''I'' are annoying... )

Ok, I got a question : Why do, in some text, you, English people, use the '' ' '' (apostrophe in French, the ') and what's his signification?

Is it just an abreviation or is it something else?

Thanks.
Yes, it means that one or more letters are being left out where the apostrophe is. Just an abbreviation.

I've = I have
I'll  = I will
I'm  = I am

"Won't" is one that baffles me though. I know it means "will not" but how did it become w,o,n,'t?

One problem most people have that I do know about is over using commas. You used one too many in your last post I think, but for being French, you type way better than a lot of native American or English people I've seem.

I'm only 17 though and I don't quite know everything there is to know about grammar, so I may need help as well. Wink
The apostrophe is used in the manner in which Sparhawk just covered, as well as possessives: Jonny's apple, Lauren's laptop, etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11