NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Client Release: 0.6.1 'Merry jõl-mas'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Merry jõl-mas, merry christmas, happy holidays, happy hanukkah, merry yuletide and happy just-another-day to you scrooges,

We are absolutely delighted to jump on the christmas bandwagon and throw snow at things! While this patch is just a wee one, we have a few surprises thrown in and are paving the way for some radical overhauls (yes, including the loot system) so keep your eyes peeled for additions.

I am also delighted to introduce a special Christmas event! The Nordic army have stolen christmas presents from the villages they have raided along the way and it is up to the noble soldiers of the Swadian Army to reclaim them! Whoever has the most presents on the 31st of December will find a rather nice present to bring in the New Year...

I would like to take this opportunity to make a community wide address. I think in the spirit of festive cheer that is an appropriate to express my distaste at the turn the community has taken recently. NordInvasion used to have a community that I was immensely proud of; the support and friendship that was evidenced on our servers was something that made NordInvasion stand apart from the rest of the Warband community and from the gaming community in general. The behaviour that I see on some servers is disgusting and I am tired of all the reports I receive regarding the so-called "elite class" of NordInvasion. There is no elite class in this mod and anyone that would like to tell me otherwise will receive my own brand of festive cheer. In general, there is no such thing as a player who "does not deserve" the loot that they receive (cheating excepted) and despite what some would have you believe, our current loot system is random. As I have said, we are working on a new system and it is now in the testing phases. I remember when many of you first started playing NordInvasion and in general, I have enjoyed seeing you grow and progress throughout the mod. There are some players who have both disappointed and saddened me on how they have progressed throughout this mod. I will however not sit idly by and watch certain players make this mod unenjoyable for others to play. Rather than the negative air this paragraph has taken on, I would rather a positive message is taken from it. This community was once a friendly and supportive group and I believe if players stop and think before speaking and take a moment to remember how they started out in the mod, we can move forward and find the mod a more enjoyable place for everyone.

On to the updates;
  • Massive map updates ( Updated & Fixed almost every NI map)
  • Three new maps (One for "normal",one for Cav and one for future map releases) and two new deathmatch maps.
  • Snowing in Winter map ( Event Map )
  • New secret traps...
  • Nerfed Nord Ballista
  • Can't pickup huscarl shields anymore
  • Highland claymore buffed (thank Click for his months of requests)
  • Heraldic Mail - Tunic buffed
  • Nords with Santa hats
  • Snowballs!
  • Don't eat the yellow snow Wink
  • New scene props
  • New music
  • Nords riding a strange beast from the north...
  • Moar rangers!
  • Presents!

The NordInvasion updater is available here

The full patch is available here

Love,

The NI Family
(20-12-2013, 12:34 AM)Hypernoma link Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to take this opportunity to make a community wide address. I think in the spirit of festive cheer that is an appropriate to express my distaste at the turn the community has taken recently. NordInvasion used to have a community that I was immensely proud of; the support and friendship that was evidenced on our servers was something that made NordInvasion stand apart from the rest of the Warband community and from the gaming community in general. The behaviour that I see on some servers is disgusting and I am tired of all the reports I receive regarding the so-called "elite class" of NordInvasion. There is no elite class in this mod and anyone that would like to tell me otherwise will receive my own brand of festive cheer. In general, there is no such thing as a player who "does not deserve" the loot that they receive (cheating excepted) and despite what some would have you believe, our current loot system is random. As I have said, we are working on a new system and it is now in the testing phases. I remember when  many of you first started playing NordInvasion and in general, I have enjoyed seeing you frow and progress throughout the mod. There are some players who have both disappointed and saddened me on how they have progressed throughout this mod. I will however not sit idly by and watch certain players make this mod unenjoyable for others to play. Rather than the negative air this paragraph has taken on, I would rather a positive message is taken from it. This community was once a friendly and supportive group and I believe if players stop and think before speaking and take a moment to remember how they started out in the mod, we can move forward and find the mod a more enjoyable place for everyone.

Amen to that. Well said.
Also, as always, good job on the patch! Big Grin
God jul!

And now my heraldic tunic is 55 armour like the rest. Very nice Wink

10/10 would update again.
Merry Christmas to everyone. Or whatever local festivity you prefer. Have fun out there!

And enjoy the snow! Smile

/Nao
Thnks
What no more heavy hurscarl shields? :'(
Anyway Thanks for the update and merry Christmas to all.
Guess I shouldn't have spread the word about those shields, and their 3000 HP Tongue
Christmas is here woot!
Been a great year heres to another great year !
Hope you all have a very merry Christmas , yuletide , kwanza , Hanukkah etc Big Grin.
Time to get the blades & bows out for some bloody fun!
(20-12-2013, 12:57 AM)Maroon link Wrote: [ -> ]Guess I shouldn't have spread the word about those shields, and their 3000 HP Tongue
hehe i worshiped those shields
Finally the highlander claymore gets a well-deserved buff! Best update ever.

On a more serious note, I can't wait to see all the changes to the maps. Seen hidden cave so far and it's pretty different.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7