NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Bow comparison
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
With the new adjustments to archery, I am now confused as to if the longbow is useful at all. I swapped mine out for a Khergit bow last night, and found that the speed was a dramatic boost over longbow, and that the range seemed better, too(!?) Is anyone still using the longbow? Besides the minute increase in the amount of damage, is there a point to using a longbow?
Statistically you're 580% cooler looking as an archer if you use that bow. That's only good thing about it.

For some reason it appears that the developers dislike the longbow, looking at the stats just a second ago and comparing them to the other bows, it seems that it is, without a doubt, rather shit.

You might as well use the Khergit bow by the looks of things, 1 extra damage isn't much of a boost, particularly if you lose speed and even shoot speed. (WHAT?)

Name Difficulty Speed Rating (Draw Speed) Thrust Damage Shoot Speed (Distance)
Khergit Bow 1 90 21 57
Longbow 1 79 22 56

Just seems a bit... off...
I think they might have accidentally over-looked the long bow; only reason for this that i can see.

The damage goes from 21(Khergit Bow), 22(Long Bow), and then jumps to 29(War Bow), then continues smoothly at 32(Sharpshooter Bow).

Looks like a damage of 25 would be more appropriate and make the longbow useful again.
Note: Buffing the longbow would mean buffing Nord Rangers.

(12-04-2012, 12:02 AM)Huscarlton_Banks link Wrote: [ -> ]Note: Buffing the longbow would mean buffing Nord Rangers.

Not necessarily, the developers have been working hard to keep the Nord's equipment seperate from our stuff. As far as I know, if they are looking to do that and increase the longbow, they would happily be able to have a different longbow for both us and them.

Although, that would explain the increased accuracy bots now seem to have with their bows (placebo effect no doubt) since difficult was reduced to 1, therefore their powerdraw would increase their accuracy.

(Set difficulty to 2 please so we get the full use of our power draw, otherwise it's practically useless having 6 PD Sad)
Wouldn't it be nice to have a thread with all the available bows (store bought -> legendary), their stats and their pics? Who has spare timeĀ  to make it? :-)
I can do it Big Grin I wasn't going to do anything this weekend

Edit: And it turns out I have all but one bow so should not take too long
cool!
The thread is up
(15-04-2012, 07:54 AM)Jeremiah The 12th link Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: And it turns out I have all but one bow so should not take too long

Jeremiah, how are you so rich?! >Sad
Pages: 1 2 3