NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: ON Cavalry "Spearwall" Mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi guys, would like to get the word out that ON will be hosting a new type of event/tactic this Friday, the Spearwall. This event takes place in cavalry mode, for which event servers are unavailable, so we will fill a standard cavalry server instead. In this particular tactic, we take advantage of the fact that any mount will instantly be stopped when hit by a stabbing polearm from the front, no matter how much damage it actually does. To show how this would work, here's a quick graph:

|      Shielder      Shielder      Shielder      Shielder      |
|Slasher      Slasher      Slasher      Slasher      Slasher|
|                                                                                  |
|Thrower    Thrower    Thrower    Thrower  Thrower|
|                                    Healer                                  |

| = Wall

The shielders bring in some shields (duh), and a one hander, while one of the slashers, which are preferably Pikemen, brings in Short Awlpikes, or a similar short stabbing polearm for the Shielders. These are used to stop the initial charge of the Nord's cavalry, after which the shielders switch to their one handed weapon to bring down the horses at close range.
The slashers, preferably Pikemen, are most effective with a long, stabbing polearm, such as the Sarissa, and a shorter slashing Polearm, such as the Swadian Poleaxe, as the stabbing weapons are not the best weapons when it comes to close range slashing.
Lastly, there's a row of ranged people, preferably Pikemen again, as they can jump with throwing weapons, and they have to shoot/throw over the shielders and slashers. That leaves about 1-2 spots in a server free, which can be filled with healers/jugglers.
  This particular tactic works best on the map called Blackwood Raid, as it has a certain small gateway this tactic works very well in. Last time we tried, we managed to complete cavalry mode on this map.

All of the tactic-talking besides, this will be played on a public server, so it is open to everyone. If we have too many people for one server before we begin, ON members will be prioritized over other members, because we're the ones hosting it. Tongue
As for the time/date, the event will begin around 19:00 GMT, this Friday (the 14th).
If you feel like coming, hop in our TS channel around 18:45, so we know on how many people we can count.
Thanks!
Maroon
Sounds interesting to try Smile. I could hop on with my shielder and help you guys out.
Would jump in as a Shielder if you want me in.
We already had a lot of fun last time Big Grin
Sounds like fun!  Would love to attend, but I'll be online at about 19:35-19:50 GMT....
This can go very good or very bad...but to hell with it I'll try to come
ill be there.
(12-02-2014, 04:23 PM)Darkfire link Wrote: [ -> ]This can go very good or very bad...but to hell with it I'll try to come
Hahaha, that's pretty darn accurate. Tongue
Our first run last time failed at wave 10 or something, but the second one finished wave 20.
(12-02-2014, 05:31 PM)Maroon link Wrote: [ -> ]Hahaha, that's pretty darn accurate. Tongue
Our first run last time failed at wave 10 or something, but the second one finished wave 20.

Just because I participated in the second run.
(12-02-2014, 05:33 PM)Sinister_Soldier link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Maroon link=topic=23058.msg165648#msg165648 date=1392226286]

[/quote]

Keep telling yourself just that. Big Grin
(12-02-2014, 05:34 PM)Maroon link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Sinister_Soldier link=topic=23058.msg165650#msg165650 date=1392226417]
[quote author=Maroon link=topic=23058.msg165648#msg165648 date=1392226286]

[/quote]

Keep telling yourself just that. Big Grin
[/quote]

i think the healer did a great job that second run  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pages: 1 2 3