NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Daily Event #1 Sunday 29th Sign Up [Edit will come at 17 pm GMT]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So because i think it would be nice if we can do every day an event and some other member think that too, i will start with this!
Event Time
Saturday 28th April 21:00 BST (British Standard Time)
Sunday 29th April 19:00 GMT/UTC
Sunday 29th April 21:00 CEST (Central European Standard Time)
Sunday 29th April 22:00 EEST (Eastern European Summer Time)
Monday 30th April 12:00 PST
Sunday 29th April 15:00 EST
Monday 30th April 07:30 CST

So the Groups for the Event are:
Tier 4 Hard/Normal
Tier 3 over Level 32 Hard/Normal
Tier 2/3 Normal
Tier 1 Normal
XPFarming Hard
ItemFarming Hard/Normal

To the Admins, i would find it nice ic the server we need can have a password then when the event is or if someone want to Start a Server he/she just need to write it here!
But the Server must be connected with the NI Database!
How many Servers we need is not clear at Moment!

Roles:
Medic
Shielder
Archer
Sharpshooter
Attaker
Polearm
Engineer

If you wish to join the event please post the following:

Character Name:
Level:
Class:
Equipment:
Role:
Group: Please tell us in which group you want to go and if you Want to play Normal or Hardmode...

We will need Captains so please state if you wish to take the lead - you will be responsible for organising the defences, managing the team and also assigning medals to the players that you think deserve them.

Birdtalon feel free to Modify this thread for Mistakes or other things!
Is it possible to do it at 7:00? (GMT)

But other then that we can easily take over a eu server with enough people.
An official event server can be provided for you if you PM be the details of what map(s) you want and the private password at least 12 hours before the event begins.
Yeah 7 pm sounds good, Birtdalon the Problem is we will need more then one server!
If you need more than one I can set up a few for you up to a point. Same applies, just put it all in a PM.
Birdtalon it would be nice if you can modify this thread that it looks like the weekly thread because im from mobile on and i havent much time! Pls do this! Thanks for Server!
This is your event. Modify it yourself.
Please everyone who want to play sign up now until tomorrow at 6:30!
Since you are trying to make a daily event, I think you should change the format a bit. Compared to a weekly event, daily events come and go much too quickly and I'm sure not all of us check the forums so frequently.

It might be a better idea to just have everybody who is interested join a TeamSpeak channel like the Event Lobby while they are playing or want to play Nord Invasion, and when you deem that enough players are on, hijack a server or ask for a server to use (whichever would be the appropriate method of obtaining a server). This way, more people are encouraged to stay on TeamSpeak to watch for other players who are willing to play as a team -- it'd be something like a matchmaking system. You could even message players in other channels to join. If we could get the kind of showing we got for the Weekly events on TeamSpeak, it'd be a simple matter of gathering everybody into a group. This could be more of a spontaneous "event" than an official kind of event.

In the beginning, this approach would be slow, of course. You would have only a few players on TeamSpeak. But as more people get used to it, I think it can become a frequently successful occurrence. As for how to decide a leader, you could have the players nominate somebody among themselves to follow during any given event.

Maybe channels can be added to the TeamSpeak similar to the groupings provided by Jalau so that it's more like a matchmaking system. You'd be able to find players with the same goals in whichever channel you join. Of course, this won't work at the moment since I rarely see players on TS.