NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Alchemist Ability Ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
If the cursed stone idea is getting implemented, i think everyone would aim for prince, thor, odin and other op characters  :Smile
maybe they can craft masterwork steel sword or lordly plate-striped armor Tongue
(30-03-2012, 07:13 PM)Kriegstofu link Wrote: [ -> ]maybe they can craft masterwork steel sword or lordly plate-striped armor Tongue

I agree that alchemist need new stuff (I guess devs already have something in mind) but it would be more logical that blacksmith will be able to craft/improve masterwork weapons and armorsmith lordly armors, no?
But may be, the alchemist could be able to transform your steel sword in a golden, black steel, titanium or what else sword  Wink
Hear hear for the Blacksmiths! But yes, I think that the Alchemist needs some love as well.
(30-03-2012, 09:02 PM)Blondin link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Kriegstofu link=topic=459.msg19112#msg19112 date=1333134787]
maybe they can craft masterwork steel sword or lordly plate-striped armor Tongue

I agree that alchemist need new stuff (I guess devs already have something in mind) but it would be more logical that blacksmith will be able to craft/improve masterwork weapons and armorsmith lordly armors, no?
But may be, the alchemist could be able to transform your steel sword in a golden, black steel, titanium or what else sword  Wink
[/quote]

Already made suggestion to make cursed/holy weapons holy ones are faster and cursed ones deal more dmg
(31-03-2012, 09:40 AM)Kriegstofu link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Blondin link=topic=459.msg19128#msg19128 date=1333141323]
[quote author=Kriegstofu link=topic=459.msg19112#msg19112 date=1333134787]

[/quote]

Already made suggestion to make cursed/holy weapons holy ones are faster and cursed ones deal more dmg
[/quote]

What is the link with alchimy ?! Doesn't be a priest that do such thing?
Not sure how plausible this would be to implement in-game, but maybe alchemists could make potions that would give temporary bonuses. Could possibly go in support equip slot and would increase a combat skill, weapon prof, or str/agi for a short while, and maybe also buff nearby allies for more advanced potions.
Some Stones with less weight would be nice.  Maybe spiked metal throwing discs or something like that.
maybe poison which (used with an arrow or a bolt or a throwing weapon (or a dagger for infs))

A) slows the enemy down
B) reduces percentage of health
C)reduces amount of health
D)makes bot change sides (getting swadian) for ?5?seconds

4 new items: poisoned arrows, bolts, throwing knifes and poisoned dagger

OR:
some kind of traps which you can lay on the ground (like spikes which take 5 dmg per nail)
OR:
acid which rests for 1 minute and dmg 2hp per second some bot is inside (players too) (great for throwing acidbottles as a supporter behind a shielding wall)
OR:
banners, horns and other instruments to raise moral

the alchemist should produce more items which are usable by both engineer and medic tree (like a banner which boosts attack of nearby allies by 25%) (also nice for enemy team target for ranged swadian units)

Cursed Stones I think cursed stones are called "Cursed" cause they have some kind of, evil, ability which is not added to the stones... I were thinking about giving the stones maybe a blunt ability, poison or something...

Blunt would instant knock down the enemy for 3 secconds if possible, would be usefull against Thor... ofcourse you would need to give less ammunition, but would be good with a ranged knockdown ability so its easier to take on bosses with heavy armor and instant kill abilities.

Poison; Throw the stone at someone, the enemy becomes black/green or red (so they see the enemy is poisoned). Poison deal dmg over 10 secconds, leaving a total of 40dmg maybe? Enemy will also be slowed down to walking speed.

This requires to change the recipes for Cursed Stones and maybe get it in a higher alchemist lvl...

Sounds good? Nothing to magical... because its possible in real life
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7