NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Australian Open House/Player Events
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello All,

This thread is both to gauge interest and to inform. In an attempt to breathe some life back into the NI Australian Community there will now be a weekly open event. The purpose of these events will be to introduce some of the new Australian NI players to the benefits of team play and to encourage fun whilst playing the game. Hopefully also giving new houses the chance to blossom. It will also be an attempt to try and bring back some of the not so active AU players to the mod.

The details will be as follows:

- Sunday Night (Beginning 07/04/2013)
- 8pm AEST
- AU Normal Servers (An event server will be set up called "AU_Event")
- No password (Depending on house preference)
- Various maps

The above details are up for discussion and are able to be changed.

If you are interested in participating in these events please express your interest in this thread and also join the steam group 'Nord Invasion AU Event' http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NIAUE/
NA and EU players are also more than welcome to join.

UPDATE: The many we did do were very successful, it was mainly just me becoming busy on Sunday nights that stopped these from happening.
Ok, I am aware that these have not happened as frequently as I would have liked in recent times. So in an attempt to breathe new life into this, there will be a new format.

I hope to change these events into a house captained event. Which would mean all the major AU houses would have a go at leading a bunch of public AU players in an event to help improve relations and player awareness of successful strategies. Also this would mean some of the smaller houses that can not fill a server and are reluctant to have an event only for their house on an AU server, get the chance to do a strategy they want with the support of the other major houses players participating and fill the server.

A channel can be created on the NI teamspeak under the AU section specifically for this event. All players that want to enter the event would gather here 15minutes before event start time.

Each house would volunteer a week to do this with some swapping and changing if necessary. The house in charge of the event would nominate a Captain for the event and that is who we would follow.

I would especially like to see the major houses get behind this idea. I can of course speak for VLKA, we are more than happy to do this. I would love to see OTD (I know they are not solely AU, but do have a large AU player base), BlooD house and the Japanese? house (I am unsure of the name) participating and taking on a week for this.

The first week for this would be 7th April. Seeing as though this is a relative new idea, we will start out with only one map an event and it will be on normal. Is there any house that would volunteer to take the first week? And if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to express them.

House leaders or delegates would send me the following filled out template and I will ensure the server is set up correctly for the event.
Name of House:
Nominated Captain:
Date/Time of when you would like to play (please use AEST):
Server Mode: Normal / Hard
Password locked server: Y/N
Password if Yes:
The map you would like to start on:
Other maps in play order:
Any other considerations:
I like this ! I would love to see some more organized aussie teamplay !
If only their was a thumbs up channel
A big thank you to BLooD for volunteering for the first week. Details are below.

House: BLooD
Captain: BLood_Critical
Date: 7th April
Time: 7pm
Server Mode: Normal
Password: Yes, this will be given out on teamspeak 15minutes before event start
Map: Hande's Retreat
Nice one Blood Clan, ill try to make it Wink
Great Idea, I'll be there with bell's on  Tongue
All hail BLooD  8)
Quote: All hail BLooD  8)

Could've sworn you said not to do the event until we'd seen others done
and seemed to be a bit condescending when I said I'd booked the first one, Riddles? Tongue And yet you praise us now! As everyone shall! MMMUUAHAHAHAHAA-...*cough cough* -AHAHAHAHAAAA!
(people considering to go to the event, I may SEEM mad, but I'm really not. I don't think. Very. -ish.
Whatever you say Crit, whatever you say... Tongue. I confess, I'm very much looking forward to seeing how you deal with being captain  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4