NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Scene Contest II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
WHO WON??????!!!!!
You.
(20-09-2012, 01:55 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote: [ -> ]WHO WON??????!!!!!

I did ofc.
I won?? Totally awesome. Knew my NI fairyland map was the ticket. Nords floating on clouds and attacking with giant purple dil... I would like a DWP plox.
(20-09-2012, 02:45 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote: [ -> ]I won?? Totally awesome. Knew my NI fairyland map was the ticket. Nords floating on clouds and attacking with giant purple dil... I would like a DWP plox.

+1 to this idea, still the second silliest thing to come out of Scotland lately though  Tongue
Congratulations, Displeased_Peasant. The layout of your map was logical and well thought out. My only complaint is that the island is really small and looks lacking in resources, which would bring into question why anyone would settle there in the first place (and why people would set up shop in such a seemingly remote location). In this department, Senni's map presented fewer conundrums, but lost in terms of design quality (in my opinion). Sadly I did not experience all of the maps. For the ones I did experience (the last 3 I think), my biggest criticism is that the layout and placement of objects was not logical. It didn't make sense for objects or buildings to be where they were, which made the map feel strange.

Anyway, I hope this helps whoever reads this in their future mapping endeavors. It was a good effort and I enjoyed testing out new maps.
(20-09-2012, 09:28 PM)clickeverywhere link Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations, Displeased_Peasant. The layout of your map was logical and well thought out. My only complaint is that the island is really small and looks lacking in resources, which would bring into question why anyone would settle there in the first place (and why people would set up shop in such a seemingly remote location). In this department, Senni's map presented fewer conundrums, but lost in terms of design quality (in my opinion). Sadly I did not experience all of the maps. For the ones I did experience (the last 3 I think), my biggest criticism is that the layout and placement of objects was not logical. It didn't make sense for objects or buildings to be where they were, which made the map feel strange.

Anyway, I hope this helps whoever reads this in their future mapping endeavors. It was a good effort and I enjoyed testing out new maps.

I see your point, but the sea is pretty good place for resources like fishing, etc.
Don't forget being and outpost in the middle of important sea trade routes =P, where sailors stop for a pint of beer, warm food and a cosy room. =D
Maybe if there were a lighthouse on the small island it would make more sense of a small settlement springing up next to it.

Then again, fighting in a big lighthouse up a wide spiraling damaged stair case is probably a map unto itself.
(20-09-2012, 10:03 PM)YuriTheRed link Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget being and outpost in the middle of important sea trade routes =P, where sailors stop for a pint of beer, warm food and a cosy room. =D
Warm beer?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9