NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Nord/Swadian Relic System & Town System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i have two simple concepts here.

1. All nords and bosses can drop things called relics or some variation. The main thing with these is that they can only be sold to the marketplace and give a certain amount of gold. These will vary from mode to mode and how much cash they give. They can have different names and ect to show their value. Then their are swadian relic which are worth more also dropped from nords and higher chances from bosses that just sell for more then nord ones. (If i need to make this more clear please tell me) Something in the game that is already like this would be sparkly necklaces as most players just sell them to the marketplace already.

2. Swadian towns would be something on the website not ingame. With this it would be a account only thing, not per character. With this you could get certain drops in any mode, like wood, glass, steel ect. (These would have diffrent names from the stuff that is already in game.) These would also be new drops in the game. (Mainly so people who are rich or already are sitting on a lot of this cant just max it out at the start.) These would have a decent drop chance like 10-25% of every nord other then bosses. But take in the thousands to craft certain buildings. These buildings can produce normal mats like steel, wood and the good ones can produce gold. Some will produce daily and others will only be once a week. These would not produce massive amounts of mats but enough to be worth doing. And some buildings will require gold + these special mats. This could just be another aspect of NI and does require playing the game in order to reap the rewards of.

The buildings for this would have tiers like steel smith > steel foundry > steel factory etc. (with more era correct names.)

I understand that both of these would be hard to balance in the game. And the town system would be a pain to add to the site.
1. Isn't this the same as drops in-game? But then different ones?

2. I like the idea. Same like house crafting, but then you need to "craft/buy" the "buildings" and you need some of those produced goods to make better ones.
However, The idea fromĀ  "steel smith > steel foundry > steel factory". Back in the time of the Nords/Vikings, you didn't had any factory's.
I suggest to use the Smith, but that you can upgrade the smith to get more items every hour/day.
Yes but they would just be worth more gold, to the market place and have no other uses besides that.

Like i said with era correct names Tongue
And there would be more then just smith.

(30-01-2015, 12:35 PM)Yokmen link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=AlphA-Fr link=topic=39077.msg218209#msg218209 date=1422550332]
[quote author=Sargent Q link=topic=39077.msg218201#msg218201 date=1422548294]
[quote author=Yokmen link=topic=39077.msg218200#msg218200 date=1422547441]
- Nords couldĀ  drop money. For example : You found 300g gold.
Nords do drop money, Just not as much as you are talking about.
[/quote]
I think yokmen's idea could be great. Instead of looting mats nords could be able to drop a random amount of money. Maybe between 100 - 5000g.
[/quote]
Yeah, that would help the new players who aren't aware of the materials' prices.
I mean, this would avoid seeing Sparkly Necklace for 200g on AH or Mystic Charm for 400g and this would reduce the inequalities between experienced players and new ones.
A lot of niew players stop playing NordInvasion because of the lack of money/gear. " It takes too long to have a proper gear ".
Imo, that could be a nice way to encourage new players to stay on NI. [/quote]

I don't know if you're talking about this kind of drop system but I think it would be better to receive instantly gold from bots instead of looting mats ( relics ) you'll sell to the Marketplace.
Ah it's basically just that with a extra step.
And the just gold thing would help new players/stop them from selling to AH for less.
Well, point 1 just seems to get down to looting more gold... I think this would only lead to inflation, not really changing anything else.

As to point 2: if those "town" or facilities would be house owned (like house crafting) but with all house members being able to contribute to their growth / upgrade and to use their production... That sounds quite interesting to me, current house crafting system has the downside that only leader can level it up and use it while house members do donate mats or not...

There have been some discussions concerning faction points that could be granted for house members performance and then used to house avail. So let's imagine such a thing: the house gets 1 level upgrade for house facilities for every 1 (or 2, or 5,...) million XP gained by its members. The facilities could produce mats needed to craft items and then the items themselves. On top level maybe even some house-specific items...
(25-04-2015, 06:37 PM)Bobo link Wrote: [ -> ]Well, point 1 just seems to get down to looting more gold... I think this would only lead to inflation, not really changing anything else.

As to point 2: if those "town" or facilities would be house owned (like house crafting) but with all house members being able to contribute to their growth / upgrade and to use their production... That sounds quite interesting to me, current house crafting system has the downside that only leader can level it up and use it while house members do donate mats or not...

There have been some discussions concerning faction points that could be granted for house members performance and then used to house avail. So let's imagine such a thing: the house gets 1 level upgrade for house facilities for every 1 (or 2, or 5,...) million XP gained by its members. The facilities could produce mats needed to craft items and then the items themselves. On top level maybe even some house-specific items...

I don't really think looting something like even 100g-1k gold would have a massive impact on the market. And it would mainly be their to be like "oh hey i'm actually getting something" Instead of what is right now currently 100% luck, This whole system would still be based on luck however.

And for the house thing i would much more prefer this to be a player based thing and not a house one. This is just my say on it though and i would like to hear what others think it should be. A house project or a Player based one. Reasons i would like to keep it player based is that the players doing it would directly reap the rewards of it, and for players in inactive houses this would be almost useless to them if it was house based. And once again this would help players feel like they are getting something for spending their time instead of getting F*cked over by RNG.