NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Remove friendly-fire self damage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if this is possible, but I feel like the damage you receive when hitting a teammate is anti-teamwork, and can lead to some frustration if you are playing as a high level with lower level characters. With my pikeman, if I headshot a redshirt I lose pretty much all of my health. The reason that this can be frustrating is that many low level characters don't know that this can happen and run in front of attacks. I'm not sure if there is a reason for the self damage to be in the game, but if it is possible to remove I think that it would benefit the game overall.
Guess its supposed to add depht to brainless left clicking (often referred to as "slashing" )
Most of M&B mods servers are set to reflect friendly fire, some even like 50%. I believe it's for increased reality, one can't just slash or shoot with his eyes closed (or use macros for it) Wink The amount of firendly fire against player is pretty low on NI servers, I died sometimes because of missed shot when on low HP but I'd like it to remain as it is now.
I'd prefer adding FF for them Nords - imagine Odin throwing some Gungnirs at his mates (and killing them) lol
(11-05-2015, 05:46 PM)gvn1999 link Wrote: [ -> ]I'd prefer adding FF for them Nords - imagine Odin throwing some Gungnirs at his mates (and killing them) lol
Thor and his hammer killed the bots some time ago but they removed it.
FF would be nice too, because if you shield and the slasher hits you in the back its just gg.
True friendly fire is not something we are interested in introducing.  It would be far too easy to cause trouble with.

As for the reflected friendly fire, the intention is to encourage people to be as accurate as possible when shooting at nords or swinging their sword wildly.  As far as I know, the maximum amount of damage that you can receive from hitting a friendly is capped (something that we added to the game in an earlier update).  You should not be losing all your health with one shot to an under-armored player.  If this is happening, we will have to look into that damage cap to make sure it is still in place.
(13-05-2015, 01:35 PM)Kip link Wrote: [ -> ]True friendly fire is not something we are interested in introducing.  It would be far too easy to cause trouble with.

As for the reflected friendly fire, the intention is to encourage people to be as accurate as possible when shooting at nords or swinging their sword wildly.  As far as I know, the maximum amount of damage that you can receive from hitting a friendly is capped (something that we added to the game in an earlier update).  You should not be losing all your health with one shot to an under-armored player.  If this is happening, we will have to look into that damage cap to make sure it is still in place.
Yesterday I had 3/4 of my hp, I was using a gasp... Something orange Xbow that does 70p, I accidently shot a archer with open trooper helm in the head and it ohk me, so I think you should check the cap.
(13-05-2015, 02:32 PM)Looter link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Kip link=topic=43240.msg230392#msg230392 date=1431524107]
True friendly fire is not something we are interested in introducing.  It would be far too easy to cause trouble with.

Yesterday I had 3/4 of my hp, I was using a gasp... Something orange Xbow that does 70p, I accidently shot a archer with open trooper helm in the head and it ohk me, so I think you should check the cap.
[/quote]
Not everyone is as skilled at killing themselves as you are Looter
Irish and I tested this and the cap seems to be working fine.  It took 5 headshots to suicide on a completely un-armoured stat-less character.