NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: New House Event Scheduling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone!

Today we are releasing a new system for scheduling house events.  This new system is integrated into nordinvasion.com and can be accessed from the house page by clicking on the Events link.

House leaders and captains have the ability to apply for events.  As before with the PM form, all the usual fields are present.  The "Start At" field which specifies when you wish your event to start will automatically set itself to your computer's timezone - all the timezone and daylight saving math takes place behind the scenes.

The system is still very new and will undoubtedly be improved further over time.  If you see something that is not working right or that could be improved, post about it here.  If for some reason you cannot schedule your event (or the event is not scheduled properly), send a PM to the Event Coordinator.  (To clarify, general problems and bug reports should be posted here.  Specific event scheduling issues should be PMed to the Event Coordinator.)

Regards,
Kip and the NI team
Sounds like a good change, but does the event still have to opened on IRC or is it completely automatic now?
For now, events still need to be confirmed on IRC.  There are plans for making this much more automated in coming updates but I want to make sure this scheduling portion works fine before moving on to the next stage.
Wow, this is so much nicer for my slave darklit to schedule all my events for me Tongue

Seriously, thanks, these little things just make the whole mod better.
i can only applaud this Smile
nice work
good work!
Appreciated, gj Devs Smile
Thx for this.
Keep the good work.
Thanks, this is a great time saver and convenience. The page only shows the most recently submitted "pending event" when houses are wont to have two per week, or maybe scheduling events in future weeks. Is there a possibility to have pagination on pending events?
I'm not sure I understand the question about two events and recently pending events but I'll try to explain what is going on around that area of the page.

The Pending Events list shows all the events that have not been approved yet regardless of the time.
The Upcoming Events list shows all upcoming approved events and one day of old events.
I am planning to add a paginated list of Previous Events.
I'd rather not have too many events scheduled far out in the future so pagination of Pending Events should not be needed.
Pages: 1 2