NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Cavalry?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I started playing this mod when there were no cavalry, I asked why and they said there were problems but no-one told me what the problems were, so if someone could say what the problems with cavalry were that would be helpful because I love being cavalry so I would like to be one in my favourite mod
Yeah
No. Cav were removed long ago to stop the massive kiting. It also hindered team-play. I can say with absolute certainly that cav will not come back to the mod. (Aside from Slepnir).
(29-08-2012, 08:20 PM)Sparhawk link Wrote: [ -> ]No.

?
Edited.
The big problem was that it was easy to kite to long periods of time on a horse (on the big open maps). So, you could have a full server with everyone dead but one person and the cavalry would just ride around trying to kill bots. Often times, it would take multiple passes to kill a bot, times multiple bots, times multiple rounds. Not a lot of fun (I spend much time watching servers after being dead). It also didn't involve much teamwork when a few horses would run and horde the bots (this was also pre-loot sharing), so the only way to get XP was to charge into a concentrated bunch of Nords if you were melee. Archers could pick off bots in the crowd.

The second problem was maps. Cavalry need wide open spots, which are hard for archers/melee to deal with without getting swarmed, so there was also the issue of map optimization.

Also, there were Nord calvary as well, which just trampled the on-foot players for the most part, especially if more than a few spawned (much less a full round of them).

I think it balanced everything out to not have them (although, with loot sharing, some of the problems would be gone). I do miss my little pony though. I will also say that I was a lower level player at the time, which made it very difficult. Higher level players could survive better and still get the XP from their own kills. It was so hard to be lower-level then. The shared loot system has made it so much better....
Your best off not worrying about cav. Itwill never come back.
Galen pretty much summed it. It's a shame you never got to see them, they were pretty fun to watch in my opinion, but people want kills, and hate waiting. Simple as that...

Camel was the best horseĀ  btw, just wanted to let cha know.
You can see most of reasons in other posts so I don't need to start write. Locking.