NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: WTK Dragon Breath
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've had some interesting conversations and offers over my DB and I was just curious as to see what everyone's thoughts were on the subject. It's pretty clear DB is/was worth 25-26mil but apparently it's dropped alot recently and some people believe that's caused the price to drop too. I've had someone say it's basically worth the same as CTS now (900k). So if this is the case, then why hasn't this happened to any other legendary in the game? Hasn't fiendish bow been dropping alot too lately? Would that mean the price is no longer 10-12m but simply 400k, the same price as an ss bow? I highly it doubt it but just wanted to check since I've had a lot of long standing members/admins with this opinion speak to me.
No it has not dropped that much in price.  People are just griping about how much it has dropped in game.  The price probably has dropped some.  I would estimate 20 mil or so now.  But not to that extreme.  Also X's post last night was mostly a joke.
Well it hasn't just been X's opinion there's been a few others too, so I just wanted to check with everyone.
4 Dragon Breath have dropped in the past 2 weeks, 5 in the last 9 months.  In the past two months there have been 5 AGS drops, 5 Fiendish Bow drops, and 4 Dwarf Axes.  I don't think that just because a few of something drops it is now "worthless" or should even take a significant hit in price, as the item usually isn't immediately on the market with 3 or 4 buyers all interested in the same things driving each other's price down.  Legendary drops in this game just don't work like that.  Certainly someone may not want to offer as much for something because it seems to drop a lot, but in the end that is just a guess and is likely to change at any given time.  The change in drops should have driven this idea home.  Furthermore, it is usually the pattern that things drop in groups of 3-4 (see the last time DB was introduced as a drop, Eastern Katanas, Manglers, Fang of Fenrir, Illustrious, Jormungandr, Tower Shield, Shield of Kings, Durendal, Mjolnir etc.), I don't know why people are freaking out about it this time in particular.  As is evident, drops changed a great deal recently, and it is taking time to readjust the new system.  We can't just change bots and plug in the old numbers, and generating new numbers that work effectively can take time since random chance is a fickle thing.  Don't expect anything to remain as common as it has been recently.

TL;DR No, there is no way a legendary item is cheaper than its craftable counterpart, nor that its price has really dropped anywhere near that significantly.  People are just giving you a hard time because they are jealous they didn't find it or just feel like complaining about something.

PS - Willing to trade for a Jormungandr or Thunder Pike plus some balance? Wink
to me considering i don't own any, i consider them to be the  second best throwing weapon in the game, beaten only slightly by rupturer's not that i own them either, i thought DB would be worth about 30-35mil simply because of how accurate and fast they are at throwing and getting to the target, twigs in my opinion are good, but just dont come close to the almight DB
(10-10-2015, 12:55 AM)Herakles link Wrote: [ -> ]to me considering i don't own any, i consider them to be the  second best throwing weapon in the game, beaten only slightly by rupturer's not that i own them either, i thought DB would be worth about 30-35mil simply because of how accurate and fast they are at throwing and getting to the target, twigs in my opinion are good, but just dont come close to the almight DB
twigs and db are like ullrs and stag, some people prefer one and have their arguments for it, some prefer the other and have their own arguments.
Cool, thanks for the input. I pretty much figured the price hasn't changed much if at all but just wanted to double check. I'm not really interested in those items Winter but thanks for the offers. I do have a master peltast so I can use the DBs in the meantime while I try to find a good trade involving a hurricane/balance or maybe one day I can balance for a stag lol. I may even consider trading them off for black arrows/balance if I happen to loot a Stag lol. Either way Im in no real rush to trade them off, they are really fun to play with. Im actually looking to buy a heavy plated for my peltast right now.
Just to add:
1. if you play pikeman char, don't sell DBs. It will be a nightmare to get them back.
2. concerning demand and prices: for any pikeman DBs / Twiggs / Rupts are a dream. Much more accurate and stronger than any craftables (1 shot kill against Vet Pikes on MP, this itself is worth any money for kiters). Unless they keep dropping like crazy the demand will always be much higher than the supply. Just see when in game how many veteran players with a lot of money still don't own legendary throwables...
3. in case you'd be able to put your hands on Black Arrows, Fiendish is all you really need as your damage is incresed by the arrows and as such you'd avail more from speed.
(10-10-2015, 05:59 AM)Bobo link Wrote: [ -> ]3. in case you'd be able to put your hands on Black Arrows, Fiendish is all you really need as your damage is incresed by the arrows and as such you'd avail more from speed.

The difference between Fiendish + Black Arrows and Stag + Black Arrows is 1 hit kills for nord rangers. You can also go from having to hit an Ein. Ranger in the head + a body shot to just hitting it in the head once for the kill. It makes an archers job much easier having the Stag with Black Arrows. Stag with Ebony isn't enough damage to break these thresholds.
That might be right. Actually Nord Rangers die on one shot into the body from Fiendish + Ebony, unless it's very far. But if the Einharls die from one headshot from Stag+Black then it's surely worth any money to get them.