NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: 1st Unofficial Holiday PVP Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
First Unofficial Holiday PVP Tournament

[countdown=12,27,2015,18,0][/countdown]

What's going on?

Over the next few weeks, FV will be hosting a community wide tournament, 4 separate events with each event requiring a fee to enter. Every payment will go towards a pot(separate for each event) which will be divided amongst the winners. The prizes for each placement will vary per event.

Individual Melee

Event Begins : Finished, Congratulations Praetorian_Krex!

Participants:
FV_MasterMonk3y99
darklit
Sir_Shark_Rider
FV_Consweber
[LK]Terath
Papapap
Accurate
Monkey_D_Luffy
Blade_T
Arberrang
Imperial_nub

Entry Fee : 35k
Winner receives : 80% of the pot
2nd place receives : 10% of the pot
3rd and 4th place receive : 5% each of the pot

This event will follow a traditional single elimination tournament bracket.

For this event you must create a new character and choose to be either an infantry recruit or a militia recruit via the training classes. You may use any marketplace, usable by everyone weapons but must use starting armor(arming hat, swadian recruit armor, and ankle boots)

Team Melee

Event Begins : Finished Congratulations Praetorians

Participants:
Darklits team
Happy's team(withdrawn due to member cancelations) I am available as a sub
GoC team
Champions of Midgard
Thor's Hammer
Praetorian Guard

Each team needs a minimum of 4 members and 1 alternate
Entry Fee : 30k per team member Including alternates
Winner receives : 85% of the pot
2nd Place receives : 15% of the pot + all reentry fees

This event will follow a traditional double elimination bracket(L standing for loser) with a 25k fee(per team) for reentry. Notice that if you make it to the finals and lose you don't reenter the event, the reentry fee is there to try and compensate for that. Each round will be best 2/3 fights.

You may use any training class(must be a new character) with all its gear as well as any equipment your character owned upon creation but nothing else. You may not spawn in gear for your teammates but you can take any gear from them or your opponents if they die. The top team in the bracket will always wear a red tunic while the bottom team will always wear the green tunic. Please have both bought and in your inventory before your first match begins.

Individual Archery

Event Begins : Finished, Congratulations FV_HappyMonk3y99!

Participants:

FV_HappyMonk3y99
FV_Sharmastyle_II
FV_Consweber
Accurate
FV_Sigolo3
TH_Blade_II

Entry Fee : 35k
Winner receives : 60% of the pot
2nd Place receives : 20% of the pot
3rd and 4th Place receive : 10% of the pot each

This event will follow a traditional single elimination tournament bracket.

You must have a t4 sniperor above and you must use swadian recruit armor, an arming cap, ankle boots, a war bow, and bodkin arrows for this event.

Mass Melee/Pit Fight

Event Begins : December 29th 1pm EST POSTPONED to December 31st at 1pm EST

Participants:

FV_Consaweber
FV_MasterMonk3y99
darklit
Accurate
SPQR_Silver_Knife
TH_Blade_IV
Imperial_Eagle
NoPanda

Entry Fee : 30k initial + 5k for each death
First Blood(player who gets the first kill) receives : 10% of the pot.
Every Player receives : 5k per kill
Deadliest Fighter(most kills, split if there is a tie) receives 45% of the pot
Last Man Standing receives 45% of the pot(if last man also wins deadliest fighter, he will split it 50-50 with second deadliest Fighter)

All players will jump into the arena and begin fighting, your goal is to win in whatever way you can. All players have a maximum of 5 lives but may back out at any time. If you die you must reenter the pit immediately or be eliminated(without a loss of current prizes). If you hit or kill anyone outside of the arena you will be eliminated and your prizes forfeit.

Players may use any marketplace armor and weapons labeled as 'usable by everyone.' Any player found to be cheating will be eliminated with a 500k fine. By applying, you acknowledge our right to acquire that payment in any way we can. Don't cheat and you don't have to worry.

If this is a success we will do this event again during other holidays or whenever we have the time.

Betting is allowed and encouraged!

Application Form:

Code:
[b]Ingame name :
Name and link to steam profile :
Character ID(s) :
Events you wish to enter :
Teammates(Team Melee only) :
Team Name(Team Melee only) :
How could this event be improved (optional) :[/b]
I will take part, just gotta see in what parts...
First of all, tho, thanks for setting this up.
If you need any help,regarding (simple-ish)maps or a server(Tho I'd assume devs would allow you to use the official ones), feel free to PM me =)
(21-12-2015, 05:37 PM)Krex link Wrote:I will take part, just gotta see in what parts...
First of all, tho, thanks for setting this up.
If you need any help,regarding (simple-ish)maps or a server(Tho I'd assume devs would allow you to use the official ones), feel free to PM me =)
Thanks

The fees will probably be lowered, this is the first attempt at this, well, ever so i have no reference.

Edit: fees adjusted
Ingame name : darklit
Name and link to forum profile : darklit
Name and link to steam profile : you have me already
Character ID(s) : 2447180 I guess
Events you wish to enter : team melee, and for me individual melee and pit fight
Teammates(Team Melee only) :darklit, master, Sigolo, mr killer, ribbed
How could this event be improved (optional) let us use the melee weapon of our choice please. Some of us are bad with certain weapons. No shield is good though Wink
A truely fine idea, thanks Monkey.
I've posted a link in our House board, we might form a house team for the Team Melee I hope. A question: will it be NA or EU server? Ping makes a lot of difference for PvP combat.
Ingame name : Sir_Shark_Rider
Name and link to forum profile : http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...ile;u=4209
Name and link to steam profile : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198035838802
Character ID(s) : 19724
Events you wish to enter : Invidual Melee, Pit Fight
Is it really necessary to have a t4 archer? (And not higher?) There are a lot of people in this community
that for sure have a hero archer, but none on t4. It will block their access to the tournament (same accounts for me Sad
And you can't expect that everyone will start leveling a new char :/

Beside that, great idea. This will finally reveal, how wide spread native skills areĀ  ;D
i will probably enter all but will suck at all so don't target me in the free for all thing
Will this event be on a NA or EU server ?
The Guards of Calradia are definetly in but that only means for u that u have no chance, we are some pros!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9