NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Reduced respawning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
NI has become a game of "die at respawn", makes it less fun for me (but it is still fun game).

Suggestions:

a) people can spawn character only once per run (map restart is a new run). If you die and want to continue you need to respawn on map with an alt. This would most likely require that characters would be choosable from faction/character menu so you do not need to quit and loose a slot (although I could live with it).

or

b) first spawn is with full gear, all the rest of the spawns are only with armor (no weapons, no support). You need to get your gear back or loot some from fallen.

Less "can you respawn me a bow", gear will be more appreciated and death will be more feared.

This would make it more fun for me.
Seriously ? Did you think about redshirt, or even lvl 52 without high craftable or legendary stuff ?
It would be unplayable, especially for noobs !

Good luck leveling up this way !
I disagree with this statement.
(26-11-2012, 07:58 PM)Balaur link Wrote:NI has become a game of "die at respawn", makes it less fun for me (but it is still fun game).

Suggestions:

a) people can spawn character only once per run (map restart is a new run). If you die and want to continue you need to respawn on map with an alt. This would most likely require that characters would be choosable from faction/character menu so you do not need to quit and loose a slot (although I could live with it).

This makes Tomes unusable
(27-11-2012, 11:20 PM)YuriTheRed link Wrote:This makes Tomes unusable

Unless in this setting tomes create the exception that let you get resurrected... it would actually give more meaning to tomes.
Imagine all the redshirts that would have to be revived.... people with tomes will be re spawning constantly
There'd be no way to do this, since your stats get reset when you rejoin a server.
So even option b is impossible?
(28-11-2012, 10:24 PM)Balaur link Wrote:So even option b is impossible?

Yes.  If someone died, left the server, and rejoined, they would spawn with full gear.
(28-11-2012, 10:33 PM)Kip link Wrote:Yes.  If someone died, left the server, and rejoined, they would spawn with full gear.

I would say that it depends on implementation (eg. keeping-count), but I am not most familiar with restrictions of Warband.
Pages: 1 2