NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Which throwing weapons are better axes or spears?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
And what is better?

Please say it!
Spears for Headshotting, general accuracy and speed.
Axes if you like a big hitbox which causes more hits in general but makes
heashots harder and causes more hits on shields if you want to hit their
legs or head.
On tier 4 Jarids are the only good choice anyway.
Like mentioned the only option available on market at t4 is jarid's , which are not to turn your nose up at as they are totally epic and they fly better than twigs I've found.

So I'd say train in spears over axes so you know how a spear flys over how the axe wallowsSmile
(05-01-2013, 02:42 PM)Felch link Wrote: [ -> ]wallows

(05-01-2013, 05:18 PM)Lord Striker link Wrote: [ -> ][quote author=Felch link=topic=8666.msg71211#msg71211 date=1357396963]
wallows

[/quote]

Smone can use an online-dictonary over here...
Perfect description of the flight of the axe Smile
Axes are better till you get to jarids, nothing beats jarids in terms of throwing weapons unless you're trying to kill end game hard mode enemies in which case twigs have the higher dps
That's just my personal preference though, depends on what you like the feel of more
As a general rule, throwing spears are better unless you are fighting enemies that you can kill in the same number of hits with a throwing axe.

This usually means fodder enemies that die in one hit regardless of hit location.

Accuracy:
Axes < Spears

Ammo count:
Axes > Spears

Damage:
Axes < Spears

Flight speed (And thus, range):
Axes < Spears

Hitbox size(hitting by throwing in general direction):
Axes > Spears

Precision (aiming for headshots):
Axes < Spears

Throwing speed:
[color=green]Axes
> Spears
100% spears!
Their accuracy combined with pierce damage makes them much stronger.
Even clans playing Nord in matches use rather javelins than axes (talking about Native).
I think that might because the damage on javelins is so much better. I find that axes are far more accurate precisely because your character throws it straight down the middle instead of going from right to left along the flight path.
Pages: 1 2 3