NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Fix NIs Economy! Here's how we do it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello fellow players of Nord Invasion, 
I have played this game for a few years now, I have seen NIs economy at its best and at its worst of times. In my opinion this is the worst it has been. The drop rates are far too high. We are getting way too much for what we spend.

From my experience Hardened Metal, (our favourite material drop) has had a market of around 5,000g each. In recent times, before the economy update it shot up to 8,000-10,000 gold each. Since this update it has decreased from 8,000-10,000 to 1,800 at its lowest, and averaged at around 4,500g. Now that it has balanced, the market for HM is not too bad. 

The things I see on the Auction Hall, Field Medic Box 300,000g, Swadian Studded Steel Shield, 1,500,000g. Damascus Steel 10,000g!!!. This is crazy. The drop rates on Coal, Basic Mats(Boots,Sticks,Swords) Shade Ore is crazy high. Arrowheads, Glasirs, Lumps, Sulphur and Waters etc is high, it's too high but not that bad. With all these mats increasing in drop rates, crafting has become significantly cheaper.

The worst mat affected is the Small Lump of Lead(by far). From an average of 45,000-55,000 gold each, it has decreased since the update to 10,000-15,000 gold each. This is horrible for an economy.
This is called deflation, now deflation is defined as "reduction of the general level of prices in an economy".
Nord Invasion has experienced high deflation.
To the NI developers, I know you tried to fix the economy after all the suggestions and complaints, but what you did is:
You increased the output gap too much, you increased the supply so much, that there enough demand to cover it.
For this to have successfully worked, was to either:
Increase the drop rate, decrease the gold supply
Increase the gold supply significantly , slightly decrease drop rate

Developers, you have successfully brought the game back to life, with this update. Now it's time to fix it.

For this to work I need your help and your support.
I also need your feedback, do you think it is fine now?

Here's my solution:
1.Clear the Auction Hall of everything or get someone to buy everything
2.Have 5 or so people, strategically place items on the Auction Hall , to get the new and stable economy started
3. To keep it stable, put selling prices on the Market Place, on the materials, for example Hardened Metal at 3,750 gold each, or Lumps at 35,000 each. This means 90% of the time, these prices will be the lowest the good will see on the Auction Hall.
4. Decrease the drop rate of materials(certain ones) or decrease the gold supply/gold dropped.
5.Have a developer to watch the Economy so there is minimum chance of high inflation or deflation.
6.????

Note this is still on progress, please give feedback.
If craftables stay this low for longer the price of all things will drop meaning with "x" cash you could get more shit with it vs before.

The Ni economy is in a weird place mats prices have dropped fast as they are so plentiful but legendary will take a lot longer to drop. I would wait it out as it can only get better.
But the devs arent the ones that set prices.. The community does.. It's not up to the devs to watch what people sell their own items for on the AH lmao

If you want to increase the price then sell these items for higher amounts of gold. These suggestions for changes are pretty bad..
What? No.
I think the problem is that you probably were AFG before this update, given your signature. Before this overhaul trading was honestly cancerous. It was hard to get house craftables. You were reliant on others selling the specific item you were looking for, because unless you were hoarding tons of materials it took ages to get one single top tier craftable. Additionally, before this basically no one wanted to get gold. 35m pure gold for dragon breath? Nope. There was no sink and with the materials' prices you could easily gain additional gold fairly quickly. The mat's price was also a reason why craftables were hard to get. Nowadays you can easily craft stuff on your own by just playing the game. As you already noticed this also increased satisfaction of the game, you now actually get rewarded for playing it. Furhermore top tier support items never have been easier to get which is great especially for newer players.

This arguably was one of the best updates for NI. The numbers speak for themselves.
Not sure what the problem here is
The amount of good in the economy has gone down by a ton now
So the amount of gold people are willing to pay for mats has also gone down a ton
I think the amount of people who have come back shows that most like the new drop rates
Would you rather it took you 3 months to get the stuff needed to craft something as simple as a tome
With the old drop rates it took 3 of us working on it about 3 months to craft a tome
Now I would say most likely it would take someone alone maybe a month to craft one
The problem here?
I don't see one

Edit. So to fix the game we need to go back to when you would be hard pressed to get two full sever?
Charles Schwab over here.

(15-03-2018, 12:17 PM)Sir Baron Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure what the problem here is
The amount of good in the economy has gone down by a ton now
So the amount of gold people are willing to pay for mats has also gone down a ton
I think the amount of people who have come back shows that most like the new drop rates
Would you rather it took you 3 months to get the stuff needed to craft something as simple as a tome
With the old drop rates it took 3 of us working on it about 3 months to craft a tome
Now I would say most likely it would take someone alone maybe a month to craft one
The problem here?
I don't see one

Edit. So to fix the game we need to go back to when you would be hard pressed to get two full sever?

Took me 3 days and maximum of 600k to craft tome. Not even a week
I think we still have to wait to see the full effect on prices.
However I think the lower prices and availability of mats is a very good thing. If it is easier for new players to craft gear then they will stick with the mod and keep playing. As well as feel useful and helpful to the team, and try different classes to see what they like to play the best. Also some of the items you listed being on the AH are below the cost to craft even now, this has always happened as when people are looking to get gold they sell things for less then they are worth to get it to sell quickly. For example to craft a Swadian Studded Steel Shield you need 2 Phoenix Feather which alone cost 2M on the market so at 1.5M someone lost gold.

It should not take 6 months to a year to craft a quality item if you are actively playing. You used to have to be a scammer or really lucky to progress quickly or take a lifetime to progress slowly. None of those previous methods seemed very good to me as I am honest and actually have other things to do then play NI. So the way I see it is the only people being hurt by the changes are people who used to try to make a bunch of gold off of people since you can not create a monopoly anymore. If you're running a fair shop just adjust your prices accordingly since prices have changed now and you will be fine.

The way it is now makes the game fun and accessible to all which is great. If this had happened years ago I think that NI would be even more popular. I have seen several people quit because it was way to time consuming to get anything. Now the casual player can actually play NI which is great! Legendarys are still rare to give high end players something to work for, but people can play and can do just fine with craftables making it so everyone can play and have fun without needing to be carried by a team or hope someone drops decent gear for them. NI is better then it has ever been! Thank you Dev team for all the hard work to improve the game.
OP must be an American. You sound like you're trying to get on Meet the Press or something.

The economy serves the community. Not the other way around dimwit.

You're literally advocating for a scarcity of materials so it takes six months to grind out a Halfplate again? Is this guy serious? Why do you think this mod was almost dead two months ago? Two weeks ago there were three full Ragnarok servers almost twenty-four hours a day. People don't come here for "Muh Shekels" or "Muh Economy", they want loot. 6 gorillion loots or they quit and find something more interesting. It's pretty damn simple.
Pages: 1 2 3 4