NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Trade Change Automatically Un-Accepts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So what I've noticed with trading is that if you do the trade and one party accepts. You could easily just change the terms to in your favor.

IE I buy X for 1000 gold in trade. I put 1000 gold in, other party puts X in, then accepts. You could then ostensibly change it to something like, 500 gold, or remove it completely and you could accept and finish the trade there. You get their item, they may not even know that you removed the gold. This sets up a system for potential scamming.

As with other online trading systems I've interacted with. Once you accept, it would only be accepted for the current trade. If the trade was then changed, both parties would automatically un-accept and would have to accept again. This protects users and to my knowledge, wouldn't be terribly difficult to implement.
If you guys do decide to implement this, please make it so that it only un-accepts when players remove items, not when they add items.
Interesting. We have been thinking about ways to make the trading system more reliable. The old 'accept' then 'accept' system is enough for honest people but unfortunately this is not enough for every situation.
And please add a recapitulation of the trade in the messages people get after the trade.

Sphinx

A trade history would be great. We know they all keep recorded but browsing randomly to try to find back a trade is kinda annoying. You could easily make a list of your past trades on the website in "Past trades" tab and it would list all the trades (by date?)
I've suggested this before, but another improvement would be a more centralized page for dealing with all trade-related matters. As it is now, the trade page doesn't make much sense. You have to go to a page specifically for inviting players to trade. This page could be merged with the "accept trade/active trade" page.

In fact, http://nordinvasion.com/trading.php should just lead you to a page with pending and active trades on the side where "trading options" currently are, and the element for inviting players to trade should be at the center. The active trades list should always be shown.
Lemon => Smile
I agree
100% agree with lemon here , even if the trade starts with good intentions some people just cannot miss the opportunity to scam a fellow player Sad
I realise this will be a difficult problem to overcome, but it is defiantly something that needs tweaking .