NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Actually achievable new game mode.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Many new game modes have been suggested over the years and most of them need new maps and a lot of code. 

The idea Is simple given you can use a lot of the maps we have already or had In the past. I don't think It would Involve a lot of work code wise but I could be wrong. 

Bots on wave 1-3 come from A 
Bots on wave 4-6 come from B
Bots on wave 7-9 come from C
Bots on wave 10-12 come from A + B or A + C or B + C 
Bots on wave 12-15 come from all 3. 

If you are not with me already the concept Is to have a more frantic mode. Teams may need to move for once or at least talk to each other for the best outcome.

[Image: d28ddd17d6d3e9972f0dc504c0b485c0.png]

Maps like map 1 don't fit the bill very well given players cade at the edge of the map. An example would be King of the Hill altho If you really wanted to make a hard map for this mode you would put bots at the bottom and top. 

Maps like map 2 can work well. Examples would be Yalen Retreat, Old Praven, Handes Retreat, Hypers castle, ... I think most maps, In theory, should work, to be honest. 

Maps I think could work but would be very difficult would be

Old Praven 
A - The place we used to cade years ago (the door is closed) 
B - The safer place to cade atm
C - were bots spawn already 

Swadian Temple 
A + B - At the bottom 
C - At the top of the map.

Hidden cave
A + B - In the cave 
C - On the boat. 

What's a point of this?

The game will become more annoying by limiting good cade spots. Like, in Swadian Temple you will have to cade midway to the roof where shooting positions will have place. It will turn good map into average at best. If you want challenge you can just play existing maps no one plays, not making currently good maps worse.
(03-08-2020, 02:53 PM)Forward Wrote: [ -> ]What's a point of this?

The game will become more annoying by limiting good cade spots. 

What's the point of Ni? The game will has become boring/repetitive. I'm sorry for wanting something that's fundamentally almost the same game just you need to use your arrow keys to move for once. I'm sorry I don't find the task of standing In one spot for 3 hours In events fun anymore.  

What Is the meta of Ni? Find some area on the map that funnels the bots to a point so you can take them out 1 on 1 or as close to that as you can. From wave 1 to wave 15 on rag, you don't need to move at all with a good team... The only time you do move Is when you are either low on Hp or Ammo or Cades or Shielders... THAT'S IT. 

On a perfect run, You don't need to do anything as a shielder or xbow or sniper given once you get to 200 arrows or whatever bolts you don't even need to refill ammo...  

This meta formed because of the way bots spawn. All this thread is suggesting is we have a NEW game mode for the people that want to use 2 hands rather than 1. 

It would be worth saying risk vs reward. I'll let the devs decide if they want to up the drop rates by 1.001 or 1.5. 

(03-08-2020, 02:53 PM)Forward Wrote: [ -> ]It will turn good map into average at best.

What are you on about?? How Is a map judged?? You can still have the old school rag servers... I never suggested this Is to replace them... Like, look at the fucking title man... NEW GAME MODE.

Anyway, what qualifies a map for It to be "good"? It's the meta... If the game mode changes... Do I need to finish this sentence?

(03-08-2020, 02:53 PM)Forward Wrote: [ -> ]If you want challenge you can just play existing maps no one plays, not making currently good maps worse.

It's fundamentally the same thing. The bots just take longer to get to you or the "cade spot" Is to small for a 20 man server.
How about something fun instead? like wave 1 consisting only of wave 3 bosses (normal) and wave 15 consisting of all bosses NI has to offer (from all gamemodes)

wave 2 would be only nord captains/hersirs etc. i think you'll get it
(03-08-2020, 06:26 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote: [ -> ]How about something fun instead? like wave 1 consisting only of wave 3 bosses (normal) and wave 15 consisting of all bosses NI has to offer (from all gamemodes)

wave 2 would be only nord captains/hersirs etc. i think you'll get it

Get rid of the names and give them different items and you realise you are just asking for a new difficulty not game mode. I like it but it's to similar to the other difficulties. It doesn't make much sense that this would be a full time thing.

Would be cool to see this on Halloween but ye don't think it's that game changing idea that Ni needs ATM.
(03-08-2020, 05:45 PM)Woody Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2020, 02:53 PM)Forward Wrote: [ -> ]What's a point of this?

The game will become more annoying by limiting good cade spots. 

What's the point of Ni? The game will has become boring/repetitive. I'm sorry for wanting something that's fundamentally almost the same game just you need to use your arrow keys to move for once. I'm sorry I don't find the task of standing In one spot for 3 hours In events fun anymore.  

What Is the meta of Ni? Find some area on the map that funnels the bots to a point so you can take them out 1 on 1 or as close to that as you can. From wave 1 to wave 15 on rag, you don't need to move at all with a good team... The only time you do move Is when you are either low on Hp or Ammo or Cades or Shielders... THAT'S IT. 

On a perfect run, You don't need to do anything as a shielder or xbow or sniper given once you get to 200 arrows or whatever bolts you don't even need to refill ammo...  

This meta formed because of the way bots spawn. All this thread is suggesting is we have a NEW game mode for the people that want to use 2 hands rather than 1. 

It would be worth saying risk vs reward. I'll let the devs decide if they want to up the drop rates by 1.001 or 1.5. 

(03-08-2020, 02:53 PM)Forward Wrote: [ -> ]It will turn good map into average at best.

What are you on about?? How Is a map judged?? You can still have the old school rag servers... I never suggested this Is to replace them... Like, look at the fucking title man... NEW GAME MODE.

Anyway, what qualifies a map for It to be "good"? It's the meta... If the game mode changes... Do I need to finish this sentence?

(03-08-2020, 02:53 PM)Forward Wrote: [ -> ]If you want challenge you can just play existing maps no one plays, not making currently good maps worse.

It's fundamentally the same thing. The bots just take longer to get to you or the "cade spot" Is to small for a 20 man server.

I see no difference, sorry. Just changing cade spots, slower and less effective runs. I don't see how it's more difficult.

If you want challenge - play with bad teams. You will have to use both hands to carry rather then just stand and shoot.
(03-08-2020, 07:23 PM)Forward Wrote: [ -> ]I see no difference, sorry. Just changing cade spots, slower and less effective runs. I don't see how it's more difficult.

If you want challenge - play with bad teams. You will have to use both hands to carry rather then just stand and shoot.

How narrow minded are you? Can't you see I'm implying you may need to have different cade spots on 1-3 vs 4-6 etc... Then at the end you will probably have to split up your run so half can take on one side and the other half can do the other. Unlike standard gameplay this involves communication and actually using two hands to move about.

Playing with bad teams and calling that a challenge is correct however this is a clutch argument. Not all teams are bad and I should not need to play with new people to actually have a challenge in this game. 

We have 4 difficulties yet all are easy for veteran players. We have a beginner difficulty but no veteran difficulty.
(03-08-2020, 07:39 PM)Woody Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2020, 07:23 PM)Forward Wrote: [ -> ]I see no difference, sorry. Just changing cade spots, slower and less effective runs. I don't see how it's more difficult.

How narrow minded are you? Can't you see I'm implying you may need to have different cade spots on 1-3 vs 4-6 etc... Then at the end you will probably have to split up your run so half can take on one side and the other half can do the other. Unlike standard gameplay this involves communication and actually using two hands to move about.

Playing with bad teams and calling that a challenge is correct however this is a clutch argument. Not all teams are bad and I should not need to play with new people to actually have a challenge in this game. 

We have 4 difficulties yet all are easy for veteran players. We have a beginner difficulty but no veteran difficulty.

None of your examples require several cade spots. There are already maps where we played with multiple cades spots sometimes: Unusdaq, Offshore, Hell, Yalen. I can't say that it's more difficult. If it would be game mode with double loot - alright, we can do it. But for me it would not make the game more fun, just more loot for being a slower, like cavalry mode, which I dislike.
I understand what Woody is proposing is not just multiple enemies spawns (we already have 2 on some maps) but it involves the necessity to defend from different directions with the use of multiple cades. Which leads to higher difficulty since you need to build 2 or 3 cades using cades brought by players, means a single cade would be weaker. In addition you'd need some more tacticts to build the cades properly e.g. you'd need a strong cade in the southern corner for wave 12 but no more in this spot for any subsequent waves, while you'd need the strong cade for wave 15 in the north...

I'd say the idea might work to make something interesting.

PS. what about a game mode where you have no cades at all?
(03-08-2020, 10:28 PM)Forward Wrote: [ -> ]None of your examples require several cade spots. 

Sorry If I did not outline the best strategy If it was not obvious? Tell me whats the meta again? To be as close to the bots spawn as possible? Yea? 

If wave 1-3 Is on one side of the map and 4-6 Is on the other Is It not optimal to fucking move for once lol... What are you going to wait In the middle of the map? A lot of cade spots I can think of don't back into a wall so It's not even going to end well... 

A lot of maps we play atm have the cade area In the middle of the map out In the open. If you caded the same way we do on all maps atm the bots would come from behind you at some point. Some maps would work just about the same still but the same cade spot may not be optimal.  

Take this cade spot for example https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/u...0F639095C/

If the bots came from that spawn on wave 1-3 well everything Is going well but what happens when 4-6 Is behind us?  

(03-08-2020, 10:28 PM)Forward Wrote: [ -> ]There are already maps where we played with multiple cades spots sometimes: Unusdaq, Offshore, Hell, Yalen. 

We have never had anything like what I'm suggesting.  

(03-08-2020, 10:28 PM)Forward Wrote: [ -> ]I can't say that it's more difficult. 

If the risk is higher the difficulty is higher. Also, you will have fewer cades given you will need to split them up. 

(03-08-2020, 10:28 PM)Forward Wrote: [ -> ]But for me it would not make the game more fun, just more loot for being a slower, like cavalry mode, which I dislike.

Cav is not for some people the same way with kiting Is not for some people. Hell, kiting takes longer and It's not even as rewarding as normal gameplay with a full team yet lots of people do It.
Pages: 1 2 3