NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Goodbye Christmas and behind the scenes updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Just to let you know the Christmas servers are going away. I know some of you might have forgotten they were still there but as January is now running out (and the website stops snowing) the servers will be reverting back to normal duties.

Elsewhere, there have been some new changes behind the scenes. I don't want to give too much away but it should allow for some more flexibility for the dev team to push some changes soon.

As ever with changes, if you do see something weird then let us know in the usual way (that's this post or the help section - not my PMs thanks!).

And, if you have any questions for the dev team they, hey, why not fire them in below too.

Otherwise, I'll see you all in the NI Discord, or out on the battlefield!

/Nao
I remember Terath once mentioning the possibilty of adding green health bars to certain melee orientated ranged heroes (Sentinel, Sentry, Aventurier) when in melee mode. Has this idea been scrapped or is it still on the list? (of things to do/already done)

"should allow for some more flexibility" - This means easier updating process as in fractionalized updates? (e.g. only some textures in this update, some other stuff in the next etc.)

Thanks for all your work!
Thanks for your work! :)
Thanks Nao ! Smile
(31-01-2021, 11:32 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote: [ -> ]I remember Terath once mentioning the possibilty of adding green health bars to certain melee orientated ranged heroes (Sentinel, Sentry, Aventurier) when in melee mode. Has this idea been scrapped or is it still on the list? (of things to do/already done)

I'd need to ask him - I don't see this on the dev site.

(31-01-2021, 11:32 PM)Kriegstofu Wrote: [ -> ]"should allow for some more flexibility" - This means easier updating process as in fractionalized updates? (e.g. only some textures in this update, some other stuff in the next etc.)

That's not the focus of this backend change. Hopefully the resultant of this change will be apparent soon though. 

Mostly I am announcing this as I want people to be aware that things are happening, even if they don't see them. I do love the guessing game though.

/Nao
Thanks @Drunken Monkey and @CzechNorris
Thanks Nao! Keep up the good work.