NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Oh, those rascally barrels!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Man, I am going to get killed for saying this, but what do you all think of removing or Nerfing barrels? It's a shame to see people dupe barrels and use them to completely skip waves they don't want to deal with. I know it's a valid use of the item, but they really are being abused. What if they had friendly fire on, so that they had to be placed far enough away from the players? Scratch that, griefers would just blow whole teams up. I know the community is addicted to using the barrels, but I think that they are so ubiquitous now that it is almost comical. Can't we just remove them?
Sounds good
If barrels simply did less damage I could see it being a solution to your problem.  Being able to completely obliterate a wave is ridiuclous, but what if it only weakened them to a point where we could deal with them easier (like many teams currently do for Fatsods and Followers).  If instead of blowing up ALL of the Prince's Huscarls it instead made them much easier to kill (maybe one good hit's worth of health remaining) it could be a viable solution to the abuse.  Even if people placed two barrels, that would still be requiring twice as much to achieve the same result, and barrels aren't exactly easy to get. 

There could even be a possibility of coding it in a way that it takes away a set percentage of health from every Nord it hits instead of doing a set amount of damage.  This would be especially restrictive of abuse if it were made that barrels can only take away that set amount of health once.  This would mean blowing a barrel would take away (80%?) health from a group of Nords, and blowing a second would not affect the ones already hit and only affect ones that have not been hit yet.  This would stop people accidentally barreling bosses, stop entire waves from being blown away, and annihilate the abuse.
(23-04-2013, 06:27 PM)Winter link Wrote:If barrels simply did less damage I could see it being a solution to your problem.  Being able to completely obliterate a wave is ridiuclous, but what if it only weakened them to a point where we could deal with them easier (like many teams currently do for Fatsods and Followers).  If instead of blowing up ALL of the Prince's Huscarls it instead made them much easier to kill (maybe one good hit's worth of health remaining) it could be a viable solution to the abuse.  Even if people placed two barrels, that would still be requiring twice as much to achieve the same result, and barrels aren't exactly easy to get. 

There could even be a possibility of coding it in a way that it takes away a set percentage of health from every Nord it hits instead of doing a set amount of damage.  This would be especially restrictive of abuse if it were made that barrels can only take away that set amount of health once.  This would mean blowing a barrel would take away (80%?) health from a group of Nords, and blowing a second would not affect the ones already hit and only affect ones that have not been hit yet.  This would stop people accidentally barreling bosses, stop entire waves from being blown away, and annihilate the abuse.

Nice compromise. I know that people love using them especially on prince runs, as it makes it easier and faster to get to wave 20, but they are OP.
(23-04-2013, 06:27 PM)Winter link Wrote:There could even be a possibility of coding it in a way that it takes away a set percentage of health from every Nord it hits instead of doing a set amount of damage.
This.

But isn't 80% from the strong bosses a bit too much? would make Thor or Odin a piece of cake.

Maybe if there is some way they can ignore the bosses, or take less health from them..
(23-04-2013, 06:32 PM)Gismo link Wrote:[quote author=Winter link=topic=12327.msg100634#msg100634 date=1366741635]
There could even be a possibility of coding it in a way that it takes away a set percentage of health from every Nord it hits instead of doing a set amount of damage.
This.

But isn't 80% from the strong bosses a bit too much? would make Thor or Odin a piece of cake.

Maybe if there is some way they can ignore the bosses, or take less health from them..
[/quote]

Ignore would be nice. That way people can't complain that they missed a chance at a drop.
(23-04-2013, 06:32 PM)Gismo link Wrote:[quote author=Winter link=topic=12327.msg100634#msg100634 date=1366741635]
There could even be a possibility of coding it in a way that it takes away a set percentage of health from every Nord it hits instead of doing a set amount of damage.
This.

[/quote]
Yeah, just throwing a number out  there.  If this were to be implemented, the exact number would obviously be up to the developers.

For bosses, it could make sense for them to be immune to the barrel, especially the gods, but what if instead they had barrel resistance, taking half (or less) as much damage as regular Nords would?

Of course, with the set percentage rather than actual damage that is NOT repeatable, bosses and regular Nords would no longer be able to die to barrels.
uh oh. I do not like were this is heading to, also if i h ave to agree that barrels at the current state are... well, unbalanced. Also think of e.g. the Thor wave (followers). The one hit crushthrough the shielders.  So waht will you do against them other than barrel them ?
Maybe a make the Barell to something which if you hit it Heal and refill and Repair the Shields from.everybody and make a bit damage? That would help very much at waves like Einherjiar.
Guys, i see what this is leading to... Everyone wants more difficulty but thin what happens if everything of us gets nerfed (Barrel, Tome, Weapons etc.) and Bots gets stronger... You really want to die at Heimdallr every time? For me its good like its now.. It could be a bit more easier... I dont know how you want to kill: Loke,Jotnes,Sniper wave all of this waves together (not just one) without barrel or tome! I think your dreaming, i think you think that if you find a perfect team it will work... But dont put up hopes to high, because I never got a peferct team! Wait until the patch before posting these things... I still want to get to Odin once every day and I dont want to die at Heimdallrs...
Pages: 1 2 3 4