NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Database troubles, rollbacks and setbacks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As you all know we suffered a major setback with the recent roll back. Our players unfortunately lost some progress from the last few days, something we are terribly sorry for, but it was unavoidable due to the circumstances.

We also lost hours and hours worth of database work because of this rollback that we had to redo. Since we couldn't take down the entire site this time and we wanted to be more thorough when we did it, we had to take down the marketplace for a while. This was to be totally sure something like this wouldn't happen to the economy again.

After a lot of work, we have done it all again and changed the database a bit. The Marketplace is now fully functional and we have made sure something like this cannot happen in the future. This is the first time we have ever had to rollback to a older backup and will hopefully be the last, unfortunately things like these happen when we are in testing phases like this and stuff has to be changed.

We sincerely apologize to our playerbase and thank you for your patience during this. We also want to say to our newer players that as mentioned, this has never happened before, and you shouldn't be afraid of constantly losing all progress. Our database is very stable and now even more so.

---

As you all noticed this also erased most of our work on new quests as well as changes to crafting. Unfortunately that set us back more on bringing you the promised new craftables and other goodies, but this is our main focus from now and we hope to bring you lots of cool stuff in the coming days!

I also want to mention we have brought on someone to help us out with the workload, so we now have another member on the dev team, Hypernoma - The Mad Scotsman!

Love,
Worm
I made the mod.
I am happy that Marketplace work fine now Big Grin

But can u make right now a back up?So if something is wrong again that we dont lose so much?
I hope no more rollback occur.

Now, we can use market again.
Thank you for your hard work.

It seemed some Items disappeared from marketplace now.
guardhelm, gauntlets, etc...

But, I still have gauntlets. Is it okay?
I can't equip it, but I can sell it...  :-\
Mail Shirt: Body armor 16

Wink
glad that things are being implemented again and hope to see more throughout the week

keep up the good work devs

p.s congrats to hypernoma on the new position  Big Grin
thank you very much Smile
(01-02-2012, 05:58 PM)Conqueror_Worm link Wrote: [ -> ]I also want to mention we have brought on someone to help us out with the workload, so we now have another member on the dev team, Hypernoma - The Mad Scotsman!

(01-02-2012, 06:39 PM)Kwal link Wrote: [ -> ]Mail Shirt: Body armor 16

Wink

Guess who to blame..  :Smile
... I was thrown in the deep end Tongue

Bilbo

Thanks worm. And thanks to all the Devs for doing the right thing even tho it did suck for everyone.
Pages: 1 2 3