NordInvasion Forum

Full Version: Kicking while shielding?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How it is now: You press E, you automatic lower shield = Getting headshot/Slashed to death.

Suggestion: You press E, you dont lower shield = More shielders can be usefull.

As I saw this toppic ==> http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...844.0.html
I was thinking about this idea, it might be already suggested, but 0.5 is coming. So yeah ... new idea's for more volunteer shielders as it is fun to kick a nord in his genitals.  Tongue

Only a suggestion, dont throw rocks at me.
The problem with this in my opinion is that all of the shielders can stun every enemy for the slashers to take out, I think it is fine right now, also I don't think you can kick underneath your shield whilst getting the shield beaten on...
(06-05-2013, 08:19 PM)Tiber_Carlson link Wrote: [ -> ]The problem with this in my opinion is that all of the shielders can stun every enemy for the slashers to take out, I think it is fine right now, also I don't think you can kick underneath your shield whilst getting the shield beaten on...
It still has a Maximum range (0.5 meters from you). You also can notice faster if a shielder is AFK or in game shielding - watching the game, as they kick some nords a little back.
Yet again, this is seeming a lot like a shield bash. I'd say the risk/reward system of a kick is pretty well balanced as it is now. Kicking prince or a high level boss has saved my life many times, it has also got me killed, but that is fine.

I think you'll find the same response to this suggestion as the shield stab got.
If I had this ability I would be mashing E all day with my shield up.
Shield bash is interesting but we prefer to hold back on that. One of our future ideas is to introduce abilities with cool down times, shield bash would be one of the first we would look at using for that. As a result, we are putting a wait on those sorts of thing, at least until 0.5.0 is out. We will then look strategically at some of the next cool things we can do. Each major change to NI takes a great deal of planning and a significant effort to code, so we need to be economical, so this sort of thing, however awesome, will have to wait until at least after we deliver the next batch of awesome things.