NordInvasion Forum
Gameplay idea - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Community Projects (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+---- Thread: Gameplay idea (/showthread.php?tid=4738)

Pages: 1 2

Gameplay idea - k4mi - 10-10-2012

First of all id like to say that my english isnt very well. So correct or ask me if i write wierd things.
Second i have no skills in mapping and no real knowledge about bot AI,pathing and coding. This is just a collection of ideas.

Teamfortress 2 has a gamemode that is similiar to NI. It is really funny but not as persistant as NI.
I compared them and found one really big differnce: The goal from the enemies.
In Teamfortress the bots need to pick up a bomb and deliver it to a drop point. If a Player dies he will repawn again after some time ( with an opportunity to rebuy ).
So maybe the nords could do something similiar like crushing a destructable object, capturing a flag or just entering an area.
While dead players respawn after 2 min ( just a random number). The game ends if all player died at the same time or the nords reached theire goal.
The only problem are cades.I think they would be too powerfull then.
Maybe replacing them with buffbanner ( like 10% more dmg in an area) but i dont know if you can code something like this. But replacing the cades could help against player and server crashes.
Here are some pros and cons for this mode.

pros:
  • open maps
  • no camping
  • no long idle time
  • maybe cav compatible
                      cons:
  • many many work
  • balancing
  • map editing

Re: Gameplay idea - Senni - 10-10-2012

This kind of idea wouldn't be too hard to work into NI.

It would be a lot like DTV in CRPG.

Originally it started out a lot like NI, both involved teams fighting off waves of bots.

Much like your suggestion, they added a helpless 'virgin', that all the bots head for.

If she dies, you lose.

This change brought many perks;

-It was much harder to glitch after the change, e.g. camping unreachable places (as the bots will go straight for the virgin).
-More strategic gameplay: two primary goals; survival and defending the virgin.
-etc.

It did change the original considerably, many people disliked the change.

Myself included, I prefered it when it didn't have the virgin.

However, if implemented well and with NI's key differences (barricades and medics among other things). It could turn out very nicely.

All up to the devs Tongue

Re: Gameplay idea - Wolfsblood - 10-10-2012

it would be nice to have somthing similar to defend the virgin, if anything it would be another game mode for us to have. how about a defend the king gamemode? would add to the "swadia under attack" feel to it. or it could be as simple as a defend the flag deal. would just be nice to have the extra gamemode to add a little more, umm, "depth" to the game.

Re: Gameplay idea - Lord Striker - 10-10-2012

Indeed! More game modes is only good Smile

Re: Gameplay idea - Mr_Awesome - 10-10-2012

(10-10-2012, 06:23 PM)Wolfsblood link Wrote:it would be nice to have somthing similar to defend the virgin, if anything it would be another game mode for us to have. how about a defend the king gamemode? would add to the "swadia under attack" feel to it. or it could be as simple as a defend the flag deal. would just be nice to have the extra gamemode to add a little more, umm, "depth" to the game.
I support this Idea, it would be a fun fast paced game. It would force people to play the game and stop with all the glitching that' been going on.  Besides it seems like it could be a great part of NI.

Re: Gameplay idea - Ryu - 10-10-2012

+1 for Defend The King (or maybe queen).

Re: Gameplay idea - Senni - 10-10-2012

A reverse conquest would be nice Tongue

and a conquest mode would also be nice Big Grin.

(defending points/ attacking points before losing/winning and moving to the next one)

Re: Gameplay idea - k4mi - 11-10-2012

I like this idea because you could do something like a safe house behind the "virgin". Then you could let the players respawn after some time (for example 2 min), without waiting for a spawnwave. It would prevent commiting suicide for items and you could play a more risky.
You wont hide all the time and be scared of some archer who could kill you.

Another idea in this context: A time limit for a wave. So u cant save the last for dead players respawn.

Just small ideas. But i think it would make the game more smooth and interesting for Redshirts.
Because before the map changes i saw many new players who joined hard, hiding behind the others and moving as few as possible because they are afraid of dying.

Re: Gameplay idea - Sphinx - 11-10-2012

If you let people respawn every x minutes , might as well give them x number of lives

Re: Gameplay idea - k4mi - 11-10-2012

(11-10-2012, 05:02 PM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote:If you let people respawn every x minutes , might as well give them x number of lives
yeah didnt think about it, nice idea too !

edit:
The problem might be to manage it for late joining players or players who avoiding the system with rejoining / changing character