NordInvasion Forum
Foraging - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Community Projects (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+---- Thread: Foraging (/showthread.php?tid=6868)

Pages: 1 2

Foraging - Legend - 26-01-2013

And another one: how about removing foraging and let those flower dropping instead or remove them?

It is the most annoying thing : foraging. You can`t do it whilest a battle is going on, you can`t really do it on an empty server, you always have to check is fomeone is joining and wanted to play etc.

So i make a poll to see if people think they same or don`t.

Also it is boring as hell.

Re: Foraging - ughgh - 26-01-2013

I think foraging should only be enabled on those skeletons that dead teammates spawn.

Re: Foraging - Senni - 26-01-2013

(26-01-2013, 10:51 AM)ughgh link Wrote:I think foraging should only be enabled on those skeletons that dead teammates spawn.
Ever so slightly twisted ugh ;p

Re: Foraging - NickyJ - 26-01-2013

Foraging can sometimes come in handy to bide your time, though. I was once in an event at Hidden Cave handling the role of medic. We camped inside the gate, and there was little for me to do: There is no ammo box, all the slashing positions were taken, and I couldn't use a ranged weapon because if the medic had died from a headshot, I would have been ridden out of the event on a rail. Tongue

Rather than closing my eyes and left-clicking whenever someone asked for a heal, I foraged from a nice spot in the corner while I healed. That way, I was able to close my eyes and not only left-click, but also press F after every ten second interval. Much more fun. ;D

Re: Foraging - Mr.Peso - 26-01-2013

Foraging from corpses would be nice.
But just till they despawn or on those skeletons that
ughgh mentioned already.
If I need foraging stuff its always kinda annoyin cuz admins get furious if you do+
it, even while others are saving.

Re: Foraging - Barristan - 26-01-2013

Foraging is a difficult thing. Because it adds up to a person who is not really being part of the team. It has a place in the game but it is fair to say we have not made it fit perfectly yet.

Re: Foraging - YuriTheRed - 26-01-2013

(26-01-2013, 03:43 PM)Barristan link Wrote:Foraging is a difficult thing. Because it adds up to a person who is not really being part of the team. It has a place in the game but it is fair to say we have not made it fit perfectly yet.

maybe shared foraging like looting; forager gets 2-3 flowers per foraging, everyone in assist range gets 0-1 flowers per forage

Re: Foraging - Barristan - 26-01-2013

(26-01-2013, 04:10 PM)YuriTheRed link Wrote:[quote author=Barristan link=topic=9345.msg76334#msg76334 date=1359215013]
Foraging is a difficult thing. Because it adds up to a person who is not really being part of the team. It has a place in the game but it is fair to say we have not made it fit perfectly yet.

maybe shared foraging like looting; forager gets 2-3 flowers per foraging, everyone in assist range gets 0-1 flowers per forage
[/quote]

Not a half bad idea actually.

Re: Foraging - Legend - 26-01-2013

(26-01-2013, 04:10 PM)YuriTheRed link Wrote:[quote author=Barristan link=topic=9345.msg76334#msg76334 date=1359215013]

[/quote]

I like this.

Re: Foraging - Yvain - 26-01-2013

[/quote]
I like too !
This way players won't have to forage a lot in person to get many plants.

but maybe with a quite small sharing radius, so that you don't get flowers during each game...