NordInvasion Forum
Pikeman's shitty suggestions (idk number): Flammable terrain / object - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Community Projects (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+---- Thread: Pikeman's shitty suggestions (idk number): Flammable terrain / object (/showthread.php?tid=15694)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Pikeman's shitty suggestions (idk number): Flammable terrain / object - Pikeman - 26-10-2013

(26-10-2013, 09:25 AM)Krilline link Wrote: Wow pikeman finally found a good idea. :o

I know right? ive been sitting under a tree here for 1 month trying to figure out a good idea

also i feel bad that i didn't put the "see who voted" option on the poll, would be intresting to see if really 4 devs voted that last option

Re: Pikeman's shitty suggestions (idk number): Flammable terrain / object - Drunken Monkey - 26-10-2013

"Some men just want to watch the world burn"...
Hmmm considering that this wouldn't be stronger than a barrel, this seems to be balanceable. However, this was just about the balancing point. Smile

Re: Pikeman's shitty suggestions (idk number): Flammable terrain / object - Maroon - 26-10-2013

Well, for balancing, and to add to my previous remark on torches, maybe a few people would have to throw them simultaniously at, for example, a wooden bridge, in order to light it on fire. That way, they are only really powerful when a couple of people have one, reducing it's OPness.
And yes, this comes from Mercenaries as well.

Re: Pikeman's shitty suggestions (idk number): Flammable terrain / object - Kameltreiber - 27-10-2013

i think in NI that would be OP.
if there standing all the bots in a small area you can burn you could easily win one round with only one torch.
and if there are 16 torches or even more on the server...and after each spwanwave there are 16 more.

Re: Pikeman's shitty suggestions (idk number): Flammable terrain / object - Usain_Bolt - 27-10-2013

This could be a great idea with proper balancing Smile

Re: Pikeman's shitty suggestions (idk number): Flammable terrain / object - Pikeman - 27-10-2013

(27-10-2013, 08:39 AM)Kameltreiber link Wrote: i think in NI that would be OP.
if there standing all the bots in a small area you can burn you could easily win one round with only one torch.
and if there are 16 torches or even more on the server...and after each spwanwave there are 16 more.

the fire doesn't have to last forever, maybe 5 seconds each torch?

Re: Pikeman's shitty suggestions (idk number): Flammable terrain / object - Sinister Soldier - 27-10-2013

(27-10-2013, 10:24 AM)Pikeman link Wrote: [quote author=Kameltreiber link=topic=19157.msg147647#msg147647 date=1382863183]
i think in NI that would be OP.

the fire doesn't have to last forever, maybe 15 seconds each torch?
[/quote]

Re: Pikeman's shitty suggestions (idk number): Flammable terrain / object - BlackSniper - 27-10-2013

I think it's to op.
See a server with 16 players who use this. Server crash? Player crash? Teamkills or team can use it to defence others? Saving cades?
It realy need to get balanced then... But like your idea  Wink

Re: Pikeman's shitty suggestions (idk number): Flammable terrain / object - Pikeman - 27-10-2013

(27-10-2013, 10:40 AM)BlackSniper link Wrote: I think it's to op.
See a server with 16 players who use this. Server crash? Player crash? Teamkills or team can use it to defence others? Saving cades?
It realy need to get balanced then... But like your idea  Wink

that can't be a problem, make the crafting recipe more expensive to prevent too many ppl using it, server crash and player crash - cant see why that would happen,
pretty sure team damage can be turned off, team can use it to defend others not sure what you mean by that, saving cades wat?

Re: Pikeman's shitty suggestions (idk number): Flammable terrain / object - Tajulek - 27-10-2013

(26-10-2013, 04:19 AM)Slayer link Wrote: Dat frame rate droppage
Anyway, I'm up for it!