NordInvasion Forum
The Legendary Item Thread - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Strategies and Guides (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: The Legendary Item Thread (/showthread.php?tid=1456)

RE: The Legendary Item Thread (Last Update 22/10/17) - Bobo - 22-10-2017

I noticed legendaries drop in series quite often, I suspect from time to time Devs change the probability of some legendary being dropped for a limited time.

RE: The Legendary Item Thread (Last Update 22/10/17) - Winter - 22-10-2017

(22-10-2017, 08:20 PM)Bobo Wrote: I noticed legendaries drop in series quite often, I suspect from time to time Devs change the probability of some legendary being dropped for a limited time.

Data availability heuristic.

RE: The Legendary Item Thread (Last Update 22/10/17) - Terath - 23-10-2017

actually it was rng

RE: The Legendary Item Thread (Last Update 22/10/17) - Rain - 23-10-2017

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1178250655
ty

RE: The Legendary Item Thread (Last Update 22/10/17) - DR. - 23-10-2017

It's like it's not random but is random but what ture random then?

Should random be 100% random? Allowing people to loot more than others or should it be controlled more in the background to give the illusion of a fair and better random.

Btw ye it not random it would be like saying a poker machine is when you can't see how it work and how offered suff gets changed on it. We trust the Dev's that it is random but till we see how it done we can't call it random.

Just call it fucked.

RE: The Legendary Item Thread (Last Update 22/10/17) - Winter - 23-10-2017

(23-10-2017, 02:07 AM)Woody Wrote: It's like it's not random but is random but what ture random then?

Should random be 100% random? Allowing people to loot more than others or should it be controlled more in the background to give the illusion of a fair and better random.

Btw ye it not random it would be like saying a poker machine is when you can't see how it work and how offered suff gets changed on it. We trust the Dev's that it is random but till we see how it done we can't call it random.

Just call it fucked.

It is completely random.  Data availability heuristics have just led people to believe drops are not random based on a small number of memorable coincidences.  If out of 1000 legendary items dropping there are 8 drops that come in pairs and people choose to focus on those 4 pairs...

RE: The Legendary Item Thread (Last Update 22/10/17) - Malong - 23-10-2017

(23-10-2017, 02:29 AM)Winter Wrote:
(23-10-2017, 02:07 AM)Woody Wrote: It's like it's not random but is random but what ture random then?

Just call it fucked.

It is completely random.  Data availability heuristics have just led people to believe drops are not random based on a small number of memorable coincidences.  If out of 1000 legendary items dropping there are 8 drops that come in pairs and people choose to focus on those 4 pairs...

I doubt I'll get an answer, but is there something simple such as a plot of "instances of being alive while a bot was killed" versus "legendary items received" and a linear regression to show that the issue truly is outliers in data?

RE: The Legendary Item Thread (Last Update 22/10/17) - Kaasovic - 23-10-2017

!True random doesn't exists!

RE: The Legendary Item Thread (Last Update 22/10/17) - Tjav - 23-10-2017

(23-10-2017, 09:27 AM)Kaasovic Wrote: !True random doesn't exists!
Sure about that?

RE: The Legendary Item Thread (Last Update 22/10/17) - Winter - 23-10-2017

(23-10-2017, 09:22 AM)Malong Wrote: I doubt I'll get an answer, but is there something simple such as a plot of "instances of being alive while a bot was killed" versus "legendary items received" and a linear regression to show that the issue truly is outliers in data?

Yes, but I don't have access to relevant data or the skills to evaluate it, given that I am retired and statistics were never my focus. I can only trust that those that do have done so accurately. I can say that number of people on the server is also a factor, as that has already been made public, and that is also taken into account.