NordInvasion Forum
Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Community Projects (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Models and Textures (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+---- Thread: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more (/showthread.php?tid=1531)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Art2X - 24-07-2012

I know.Torrent is legal for men who uses it Tongue

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Bas - 24-07-2012

They look really good in game good job!  Wink

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Khmer - 25-07-2012

I think I love you more...... :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Rampa - 25-07-2012

Wouldnt be better to keep it realistical and medieval instead of making fantasy Elf stuff like we have currenty in game as legendary items?

Where would Nords get that items they drop? From raided costal Elf villages before invasion into Swadia?

It shouldnt be so hard to make Nord/Swadian looking legendary items and i would definitely welcome option to get rid of Elf items from the game.

I-HATE-FANTASY-CRAP

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Ryu - 26-07-2012

(24-07-2012, 07:41 PM)Senni link Wrote: Ryu, you sir are a modelling, texturing god!

I feel a bit embarrassed now Senni, i'm not really that good at any of those; but thank you for your kind words Smile.

(24-07-2012, 07:53 PM)Art2X link Wrote: Ryu, ok.I'm lerning Maya, earlier used Wings.
Also, all is free by torrent Tongue

Hey Maya is nice, i started learning 3d with it. But i suggest you to use Blender if you cant use 3dmax etc. legally. Blender is open source and free to use, and it can do nearly all of the things others can; even more Smile.

(24-07-2012, 08:25 PM)Bas link Wrote: They look really good in game good job!  Wink

Thanks mate Smile.

(25-07-2012, 02:10 AM)Khmer link Wrote: I think I love you more...... :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Hahaha thanks mate, glad you like them Smile.

(25-07-2012, 01:35 PM)Winthorpe link Wrote: Wouldnt be better to keep it realistical and medieval instead of making fantasy Elf stuff like we have currenty in game as legendary items?

Where would Nords get that items they drop? From raided costal Elf villages before invasion into Swadia?

It shouldnt be so hard to make Nord/Swadian looking legendary items and i would definitely welcome option to get rid of Elf items from the game.

I-HATE-FANTASY-CRAP

Hahaha, most people can agree with that, but legendary weapons must be a bit.... how can you say.... "unique" than standart pieces; so i cant agree with removing fantasiesh-looking legendary models from the game. As a player i want legendary weapons look unique and better than other standart stuff. Also isnt Mjolnir, Gungnir etc. are from legends? I think they are better with looking "a bit" fantasy-like Smile. Also NI world is not really that realistic as you think; ask the nearest medic why he/she has flooting +++ that can heal people around him/her Wink.

By the way, if you want some items removed from the NI, you can make a new topic at feature request forums explaining why they should remove them. Developers and admins always check that place Smile.

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Tarimoth - 26-07-2012

(25-07-2012, 01:35 PM)Winthorpe link Wrote: Wouldnt be better to keep it realistical and medieval instead of making fantasy Elf stuff like we have currenty in game as legendary items?

I-HATE-FANTASY-CRAP

Dude.
We're fighting Gods of the Nordic Mythology.
Don't even go there.

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Jalau - 26-07-2012

nice work Big Grin

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Ryu - 27-07-2012

Thanks guys Smile

---

Now its a new day with a new model Smile. I started this one a bit time ago but completed recently. It was a request of a friend for another mod, but as i told to him too; it wont look exactly like the one he requested(to look original-new sword). I just hope he find it good enough to be used Smile.

Anyways, It has around 1.5k tris, diffuse, spec and normal maps, but this time it uses environment map on material settings to give it fake metalic reflections. Its hard to see reflections in these screenshots but while moving in-game it looks nice Smile.

Justice:
[Image: rATJt.jpg]
[Image: iFgnz.jpg]
---
[Image: DH80R.jpg]

Now i want some feedbacks about the proportioning on it. Check specially the 3rd screenshot and tell me please;

-Is bladeguard(yellow one) is too small? Should i increase its size a bit?

-Is the handle(black part) is a bit too long? Should i make it shorter? (remember that with overhead slash anim. you can barely hold black part like this right now)

---

And also i'm going to make another one named "Injustice" with a darker theme. I'll send more picture when its also done, thanks for reading Smile.

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Sparhawk - 27-07-2012

:o :o :o I want that sword! GIVE MEEEEE.....

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Kwal - 27-07-2012

I like it! although that probably doesn't mean anything Tongue

I think the guard's size is fine, bigger and it wouldn't look like a (non-WoW) sword anymore. The size of the handle is good too. Only thing I would suggest is making the tip a bit sharper, maybe by thinning out the upper part of the blade a bit (above the curves).

I tried to illustrate it here, where I mean the blade to be inside the lines, although I did a very crude paint job I hope you get my point Tongue

Just a suggestion though, if that's a lot of work or you think it wouldn't look good in the complete picture then never mind because it already looks great Smile