NordInvasion Forum
Client Release 0.4.0 - Garlic Horse Sausage - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: News (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News & Updates (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Client Release 0.4.0 - Garlic Horse Sausage (/showthread.php?tid=1544)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Re: Client Release 0.4.0 - Garlic Horse Sausage - Shandathe - 05-04-2012

I love the path that the devs are trying to get to, but what is the role of sergeants and commandos now?
Levy militia take out 1/5 of my hp swinging a wooden practice sword and I am a sergeant with the highest BA I can find, which right now, is sadly 50. If a sergeant and commandos role IS to be frontline defense and hold the enemies at bay, we need WAY more than just 135 1h skill right? And don't forget the armor. I feel like I am wearing paper out there... and in many ways, my longbow man feels like he has way more durability.

SUGGESTION: Increase the armor value of sergeant's up to around 60. It is down from 71 in pre-4 but should be up to where Sergeants can actually take a few hits before going down.
Skills: Power swing and Iron flesh should also be increased to 6. This figure is also down from pre-patch figure of 7.
For the most part right now, Sergeants and commandos cannot take hits and cannot do as much damage as some of the other classes now. If they aren't useful for anything, then there is no point playing them.
Weapon skills: for someone who relies on shields and weapons, sergeants have some pretty bad proficiencies in them..

Lastly, I feel shafted monetarily. I know this would be hard (if not impossible) to rectify... BUT... I spent 16000 on an armor that just got reduced to 8000. How is this equivalent? I would like my 8k back please. And thats just the body. My helmet armor went from 64 to 37. Can't imagine how much cheaper THAT got as well.

Some other minor bug fixes, computer are getting stuck on random areas. And yes, this game is no longer beginner-friendly. They had enough trouble dealing with a couple wave 1 enemies pre-patch. They get owned by just 1 right now.

Other than this, I cannot say much since I only play my longbow every now and then although I might play her a lot more now while my sergeant is broken. My sergeant happens to be my main so I am very disgruntled with the nerf right now.
All in all, patch is headed in the right direction. A nerf was due to sergeants and commandos, BUT, I feel that you guys went overboard on them and nerfed them TOO much... try somewhere in the middle between this patch and the previous one.

Been playing with my friends and came across something you might want to look at. When using Deployable Shields to wall off areas, the bots are STILL able to swing through them to hit you. Don't think it is every time but it has happened repeatedly. Also, concerning deployable shields, ai will swing at the shield but hit you instead. Yes, they are hitting us while graphics are aiming at the deployable shield!

Re: Client Release 0.4.0 - Garlic Horse Sausage - Thatsmybanana - 05-04-2012

Heya devs, love all the work you put into this patch. Appreciate all the new armours and map changes to look at.
I even like how you've hidden the shrines in secret locations now you tricksy buggers.

One thing though.....one hand and shield combat, i see that you've slowed down both ai and player swing speeds, and that is completely fine. But there is just one flaw, and that is the ai's capability to swing through their allies. One on one, the combat is completely awesome, but now that the swing speeds have been lowered you leave yourself open longer whilst swinging the weapon. This means more time for the bot behind the guy you're fighting to slash yer stomach. :S

Otherwise, good job!

Re: Client Release 0.4.0 - Garlic Horse Sausage - Patoson - 05-04-2012

I had no idea the speed of 1h had been decreased. Yet my greatsword still has 96 speed, way too fast for such a big weapon. It would be interesting to see a balance "similar" to that of cRPG (I write "similar" because I know you want this to be different Tongue). And, IMO, legendary weapons shouldn't be faster than the regular ones, just keep the damage increase.

Anyway, so far, I like the patch. The only problem I've noticed is that EU servers have been laggy, even though pings were normal.

(05-04-2012, 06:27 PM)Patoson link Wrote: I had no idea the speed of 1h had been decreased. Yet my greatsword still has 96 speed

It's not that they have purposely decreased the swing speed of the weapon, but y'know weapon proficencies were lowered, which means slower swing speeds for weapons you were proficient with.

Re: Client Release 0.4.0 - Garlic Horse Sausage - Pvt_Dancer - 05-04-2012

(05-04-2012, 06:37 PM)Thatsmybanana link Wrote: [quote author=Patoson link=topic=2351.msg20334#msg20334 date=1333650458]
I had no idea the speed of 1h had been decreased. Yet my greatsword still has 96 speed

It's not that they have purposely decreased the swing speed of the weapon, but y'know weapon proficencies were lowered, which means slower swing speeds for weapons you were proficient with.
[/quote]

just increase your mouse-sensetivity in the options... that should solve your issue Wink

(05-04-2012, 06:38 PM)Pvt_Dancer link Wrote: [quote author=Thatsmybanana link=topic=2351.msg20343#msg20343 date=1333651067]
[quote author=Patoson link=topic=2351.msg20334#msg20334 date=1333650458]
I had no idea the speed of 1h had been decreased. Yet my greatsword still has 96 speed

[/quote]

just increase your mouse-sensetivity in the options... that should solve your issue Wink
[/quote]

Ohhhhh you. Silly, fool of a took.

Re: Client Release 0.4.0 - Garlic Horse Sausage - Sir_Eldras - 05-04-2012

(05-04-2012, 04:24 PM)Kormin link Wrote: I must say I love this patch  ;D

I played last night and it was epic, usually to get teamwork i need to log into TS with a bunch of house members, but last night i logged onto East Coast normal, and wow. someone was giving orders, people were obeying orders, it was amazing.

then, all the archers died, I'm not even joking, in a single volley the mercenary sharpshooters annihilated everyone without a shield, all headshots. then it was the infantry's turn, we did what we did all the other waves, took care of melee nords. but random bolts would fly out of the mob and pick us off, one by one.

out of the 10 or so of us 2 kinda survived. by kinda I mean they missed one of the sharpshooters who then sniped down poor brian, leaving one to face the knights.

it was fun, it really gave the feeling of what the mod is about. When i joined the shieldwall it wasn't like i was doing it to grind anymore, or to let low levels get kills, it was honestly for survival.

I was there, and it was good fun. I think I even typed "they brought hard mode into normal" at one point during that particular round. I will totally agree that the sharpshooters were murderous. I tried to draw a bead on one, and the reticule was slow as dirt, so before I could even attempt a shot that would come close, I was dead with a headshot. In this case, high level archers have been so crippled, that they are useless against any ranged opponents. It was strange feeling like we were facing Nord Rangers from hard mode on a normal server.

Overall, the patch was good for teamplay, which is what the mod is focused on, but it is no fun to feel so weak that my level 42 character now feels like a level 4 character. I literally cannot contribute to my team when all I can do is get through wave 2-3 with my bow (barely,) while praying that my Hvy Longbow/Hvy Inf. hybrid never has to melee. One bot in single combat now on any wave is as deadly as hard mode in regular.

All of the complaints and praise will boil down to this fact, if the classes remain this weakened, no new players will stick with the mod, and it the community will wither down to a few die-hards. I can appreciate re-focusing on teamwork, but if individuals cannot feel that they can take a bot or two on without dying, all people will do is camp glitched spots and run away. I've never been a kiter with my archer, but the only way I can see lasting now is to abandon my teammates and run for the hills.

I've talked with a bunch of archers, and it seems that the class in particular has been crippled in range, damage, shots time, and accuracy. That is not fun.

Re: Client Release 0.4.0 - Garlic Horse Sausage - El Capitan Tribok - 05-04-2012

(05-04-2012, 03:23 PM)Nemeth link Wrote: Throwing was taken away from infantry to encourage hybridizing. Nothing stops people to take two tiers of skirmisher for some extra throwing power.
Board shields were moved to crossbowman class. All the infantry shields have been considerably buffed (all of them have now about 50% more HP). I dont see how you are pushed towards two handed in correlation with the patch changes.
Thanks for responding so quickly  Smile

The reason I felt like Commando was being pushed towards Two Handeds was because now even snipers are better with one handed, and the removal of certain shields from the infantry's arsenal. I hadn't yet checked the other shields though, so the buff to them is greatly appreciated.  ;D

Re: Client Release 0.4.0 - Garlic Horse Sausage - Deckazo - 05-04-2012

I think you have broken the mod with this update. I think u should come back to last version.... Now, this mod sucks and the playability sucks

Re: Client Release 0.4.0 - Garlic Horse Sausage - Kwal - 05-04-2012

The pike spam (pikemen hitting through eachother) is cause for much rage, I'd like it if the wave didn't have that many of them but more regular Nord Huscarls and some pikemen as backup. Would be more interesting I think. Also I think Skirmisher armor should have less weight than it does now.