NordInvasion Forum
Client Release 0.4.1 - Armory Repairs - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: News (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News & Updates (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Client Release 0.4.1 - Armory Repairs (/showthread.php?tid=1670)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Re: Client Release 0.4.1 - Armory Repairs - Hypernoma - 09-04-2012

In regards to above post, the database has now become self aware and is scamming money off of players. We apologise and donations will be opened again so we can invest in an EMP to combat this threat.

Please do no take anything I just said seriously...

Re: Client Release 0.4.1 - Armory Repairs - Rhyden - 09-04-2012

So uh, I don't know if this has already been pointed out yet but is the Banded Armor supposed to be buffed? Also the Cuir Bouilli is 11 more body armor than the coat of plates. Also did the "Dragon Axe" get retextured?

Re: Client Release 0.4.1 - Armory Repairs - clickeverywhere - 09-04-2012

@ChubbyPitbull: Banded Mail Armor is now usable by Sergeant and Commando, therefore it is not at the level of Commando-only armors.

@Rhyden: The Cuir Bouilli is no longer usable by players. It has been made into a bot only armor.

Re: Client Release 0.4.1 - Armory Repairs - Hande - 09-04-2012

(09-04-2012, 02:59 AM)Hypernoma link Wrote:In regards to above post, the database has now become self aware and is scamming money off of players. We apologise and donations will be opened again so we can invest in an EMP to combat this threat.
Or just need me.  Wink

Re: Client Release 0.4.1 - Armory Repairs - DivinityX - 09-04-2012

I would like to complain about a few things in the mod...
First of all do you not agree that friendly fire should swing both ways? You say you want to make this mod more realistic, so how can you allow mobs to hit through eachother?
Also the shields and one hands are now WAY slower than before and practically useless as a sargeant. The mobs are still as fast as ever.
If we are getting an armor nerf, why shouldnt the mobs aswell? my two handed sword didnt even kill a mob of the first round without using two full sideswings. He wasnt wearing any armor and took 1 third of my hp with one hit with his pitchfork. As a noob I had serious problems even killing anyone before becoming infantry.. how do you expect the noobs to get anywhere now?? its no fun staying in the back and getting assist xp for everything instead of actually doing anything.

Hope you give me a reply on what you think about this.
Best regards, DivinityX

Re: Client Release 0.4.1 - Armory Repairs - Hypernoma - 09-04-2012

(09-04-2012, 12:48 PM)DivinityX link Wrote:I would like to complain about a few things in the mod...
First of all do you not agree that friendly fire should swing both ways? You say you want to make this mod more realistic, so how can you allow mobs to hit through eachother?
It does.

(09-04-2012, 12:48 PM)DivinityX link Wrote:Also the shields and one hands are now WAY slower than before and practically useless as a sargeant. The mobs are still as fast as ever.
No they are not.

(09-04-2012, 12:48 PM)DivinityX link Wrote:If we are getting an armor nerf, why shouldnt the mobs aswell? my two handed sword didnt even kill a mob of the first round without using two full sideswings. He wasnt wearing any armor and took 1 third of my hp with one hit with his pitchfork. As a noob I had serious problems even killing anyone before becoming infantry.. how do you expect the noobs to get anywhere now?? its no fun staying in the back and getting assist xp for everything instead of actually doing anything.
All bot troops have had a MASSIVE nerf.

Thank you for your comments and as always, thing may change and be balanced in the future. However, I am seeing wave 17 on normal mode on almost ever server I sign onto now so normal mode is obviously not too hard atm! This may be due to all high level players playing on normal mode at the moment so we will have a look at it again after hard mode is working again.

Re: Client Release 0.4.1 - Armory Repairs - Deany - 09-04-2012

(09-04-2012, 12:48 PM)DivinityX link Wrote:I would like to complain about a few things in the mod...
Also the shields and one hands are now WAY slower than before and practically useless as a sargeant. The mobs are still as fast as ever.
If we are getting an armor nerf, why shouldnt the mobs aswell? my two handed sword didnt even kill a mob of the first round without using two full sideswings. He wasnt wearing any armor and took 1 third of my hp with one hit with his pitchfork. As a noob I had serious problems even killing anyone before becoming infantry.. how do you expect the noobs to get anywhere now?? its no fun staying in the back and getting assist xp for everything instead of actually doing anything.

Hope you give me a reply on what you think about this.
Best regards, DivinityX

When 4.0 was released i admit i jumped on the band wagon maybe i was having bad day maybe i wasnt paying much attention but none the less i posted very much what you have posted now, however last night i created an alt of course level 1 recruit....fun times short sword practically no armour and a paper shield im bollocksed i thought but you know what? my 1st round on a server on castle netted me 6 kills 2 with worn darts and 4 with the shortsword, as a commando on my main, on normal servers we nearly always get past huscarls i net over 100 kills somtimes 200 depending on whom im on the server with i've learnt quickly if your dying its because you choose to put yourself in a situation your going to die in, formations are key shield walls are basic if nothing more highly funtional life savers dont atempt rambo you will die horribly through mass mutilation, if i had a current complaint with NI they are but 2 things 1. hard modes broken, they know and it will be fixed. and 2. pikemen hitting through each other which is a Warband issue not a NI one, though if possible i'd love a fix or work around. im babbeling that is all but please guys stop moaning its too hard.....its not come back when your being eaten by valks and jotnes then you might and only might have a leg to stand on, peace

Re: Client Release 0.4.1 - Armory Repairs - Huntsman - 09-04-2012

I have a lags in the moment of hit on all servers. This problem appeared after upgrade 0.4.0 and continues now, with the update 0.4.1.

Re: Client Release 0.4.1 - Armory Repairs - Deany - 09-04-2012

(09-04-2012, 01:21 PM)Huntsman link Wrote:I have a lags in the moment of hit on all servers. This problem appeared after upgrade 0.4.0 and continues now, with the update 0.4.1.

Huntsman, your not the only one, im sure by now there well aware of it and that its being worked on, however thanks, people do need to bring bugs up more often so the NI team can verify it and give us a better game

Re: Client Release 0.4.1 - Armory Repairs - MrGuarnere - 09-04-2012

(09-04-2012, 01:20 PM)Deany link Wrote:as a commando on my main, on normal servers we nearly always get past huscarls i net over 100 kills somtimes 200 depending on whom im on the server with
If you're doing it right this is easily possible. I was up to 280 kills as commando on normal server with mostly tier 1 and 2 players, and 1 other commando. Got as far as Huscarls 3 times.

(09-04-2012, 01:20 PM)Deany link Wrote:i've learnt quickly if your dying its because you choose to put yourself in a situation your going to die in
This is true also. If you just run in and start slashing without thinking of doing any blocking you will get hit, because guess what - the enemies DO attack you also!

Playing last night on normal with a full sever of decent players we got to wave 18 twice.