NordInvasion Forum
A Community message - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: News (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News & Updates (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: A Community message (/showthread.php?tid=2636)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

A Community message - Hypernoma - 19-06-2012

Dear NI Community,

It is with regret that I am writing this. Running NI in 3 continents is very expensive and unfortunately the NI kitty is getting rather dry. We are running quite a few servers now and are in the process of moving US servers to sort out the latency issues. The sad news is at present, the NI account has enough money to last around one month more. One thing that has to be very clear is that we are not attempting to force anyone’s hand into donating to NI. As always, donating is entirely voluntary. It will however become very difficult for us to maintain the current service we are providing.

I ask that no one posts about re-installing private servers; this will not happen. As stated when we shut down private servers, a section of the NI community proved that they could not be trusted and they have unfortunately soured the experience for the rest of the community. Please do not PM about how your house can be trusted etc, we got those pm’s back in the past too.

I appreciate that we have not patched for a little while now but I assure you that a patch will be along soon; the month of Septober is nearly upon us. Today we entered Maljulember with the introduction of many more crafting recipes. The Dev team have been very busy of late with members starting new jobs, moving homes, finishing university degrees etc. We have been working on learning new coding stuff and actually getting our heads around the warband system. I can promise you that we are working on patching as I type this post!!

We don’t want to have to shut down NI as we all have fun working on it and expanding our knowledge and skill set, and despite. We hope that you guys have been having fun too and will continue to have fun as we work towards implementing our ideas and some of those those that have popped up along the way in the forums.

Much love as always,
Worm and family

Re: A Community message - Gismo - 19-06-2012

So what will happen in 1 month is no-one is donating?

Re: A Community message - Senni - 19-06-2012

DONATE TODAY AND GET STUFF * **

* Batterys not included.
** Stuff not included.

Serious message though, donations are greatly appreciated Big Grin.

On another note:

Guessing you guys have thought about advertisements?

Re: A Community message - Hypernoma - 19-06-2012

(19-06-2012, 07:42 PM)Gismo link Wrote: So what will happen in 1 month is no-one is donating?
After one month we will have to look at NI again and whether the dev team can afford to run NI themselves or not.

Re: A Community message - Kigami - 19-06-2012

Just an idea, maybe you guys can add a bar on the front page that will show us the donation progress (money that will be needed for the month).
I think this can be a incentive to donate.

Re: A Community message - MrGuarnere - 19-06-2012

(19-06-2012, 08:13 PM)Kigami link Wrote: Just an idea, maybe you guys can add a bar on the front page that will show us the donation progress (money that will be needed for the month).
I think this can be a incentive to donate.

As good an idea as this is I'm not sure if there is a plugin that PayPal have done already which we could just use on the website, because if there isn't that's just time being taken away to do this instead of using it on making NI better.

Re: A Community message - Sir_Eldras - 19-06-2012

Sad news. C'mom, NI players, donate! Consider the amount of time you have been entertained by this FREE mod. We all have 5-10 bucks to donate. If a quarter of us donated that much, the mod's coffers would be flush with cash.

Also, the donation meter would be awesome. Show the players where the mod team is financially, and the community will respond.

And devs, is it time to reinstate donator rewards?

Re: A Community message - Hypernoma - 19-06-2012

There are currently rewards. We will look into if other forms of reward are appropriate soon Smile

As for plugin, this will again be looked into.

Re: A Community message - alee56 - 19-06-2012

What are these rewards if i may ask?

Re: A Community message - Gismo - 19-06-2012

As of right now it is:

€5 or more

Exclusive VIP Forum membership including:
Member of Donators Group
Donators Badge
Access to the donators board
The ability to respec your character for free once every month. This does require forum access to ask for a respec.

€25 or more

Everything before this and ...
Become a Quest Giver
Create you own epic quest for other players to complete! Write a short story line and decide the goal of your quest.**

€50 or more

Everything before this and ...
Design an enemy
Design the looks and power of a new enemy in Nord Invasion and watch as he wrecks havoc on your fellow players.**