NordInvasion Forum
A Community message - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: News (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News & Updates (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: A Community message (/showthread.php?tid=2636)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Re: A Community message - Illithar - 20-06-2012

Cheers Worm,

I'd done the math based upon what Hyper had posted and I was ball park. You'd like to think this is very doable.

I mean if more of us did the lower tier occasionally, that'd do it. For instance I love my Netflix streaming which is about $7 (or 5 euro) a month, and I wouldn't want to give that up but I think in total hours I must play NI a lot more than I watch Netflix and I don't see why I can't have both.

But I don't see why you guys should have to carry the cost alone, especially those in new jobs or finishing college. It's obvious you guys don't like asking for money and that's a good thing but just maybe be a bit more organized for small regularish amounts like a PBS pledge drive, OMG, I actually said that.

Anyhow you now have some of my beer money lol, but you can't have my beer.

Re: A Community message - Hypernoma - 20-06-2012

Don't worry, the massive amount of money spent on keeping alcohol flowing through my veins (I'm allergic to blood) come out of my own pocket!

Re: A Community message - Filthy The Kid - 21-06-2012

Will donate as soon as i've got the money, will probably be July 14th.

Re: A Community message - Tarimoth - 21-06-2012

(20-06-2012, 09:10 PM)Hypernoma link Wrote: Don't worry, the massive amount of money spent on keeping alcohol flowing through my veins (I'm allergic to blood) come out of my own pocket!

As if. We all know the truth about donations now, Hyper.
Busted 8)

Re: A Community message - Galen_Thalheimer - 22-06-2012

Well, I don't personally have spare funds for the mod at the current juncture, but I've spent LOADS of time on the helping the mod be better for players with the banner pack. Heck, I don't even get the sweet donator items (no torch for me) for it either.

And regarding costs, I think the mod could easily cut down on servers. There are like 12 EU ones isn't there? I usually only see like 2-3 with players.

Re: A Community message - Hande - 22-06-2012

We have server box and all EU servers are in that one so they don't give us any extra cost.

Re: A Community message - Kwal - 22-06-2012

I can't possibly imagine that 150 euros per month being paid each time o.0 or a mod that requires that much money. Christ almighty.

Re: A Community message - Hypernoma - 22-06-2012

(22-06-2012, 06:42 PM)Kwal link Wrote: I can't possibly imagine that 150 euros per month being paid each time o.0 or a mod that requires that much money. Christ almighty.
The price of hosting servers across the seas... We will be cutting back on some costs in the near future.

Re: A Community message - Swadius - 22-06-2012

Would the costs be cheaper if the person paying for it was a native in the country hosting the servers?

Re: A Community message - Illithar - 22-06-2012

I think that's a good question Swadius. I don't know about hosting servers specifically, but being from the UK/Ireland and now being in the States trying to arrange goods and services for a country you are not physically based in can present extra difficulties and costs, I know that much from personal experience.